Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2016, 11:56 PM   #301

No I am taking my wife to obtain a box worth of beads for the next trip. We recycle.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:07 AM   #302

With all the talk about washer drain and water pipe problems I pulled the inspection panel off in the closet and found both of the pex fitting leaking on the hot and cold side. Looks to only have leaked about a cup of water or so. Just replaced the pex fittings with brass fittings. This looks to be my next obsession and fit a manifold to the plumbing
Old 02-16-2016, 02:14 AM   #303

Tom , are talking about installing a new water manifold in the basement if so what type and will it increase water psi?
1998 International 4700LP 4 door ,DT530,300hp 6sp.with a 4:10 ,air ride https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic1866_1.gif[/IMG]
ET156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:23 AM   #304
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkidder View Post
With all the talk about washer drain and water pipe problems I pulled the inspection panel off in the closet and found both of the pex fitting leaking on the hot and cold side. Looks to only have leaked about a cup of water or so. Just replaced the pex fittings with brass fittings. This looks to be my next obsession and fit a manifold to the plumbing
With the RL there's plenty of room behind the service wall to accomplish this. It would be pretty easy to figure it out. One advantage to the water manifold is that you end up having fewer "T"s and joints which could save a few leaks later down the road. I would recommend, possibly replacing the water pump while you're at it for one that would give greater water pressure.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:25 AM   #305
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET156 View Post
Tom , are talking about installing a new water manifold in the basement if so what type and will it increase water psi?

The water pump is going to control the water pressure however.....it should help with running 2 faucets at the same time.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:26 AM   #306

I am talking about a water manifold. The water pressure is most likely not so much of the problem it has a lot to do with the pipe diameter/length.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:34 AM   #307

After seeing the leak my wife has given the green light to replace as much of the fittings and garbage hose used by RW. Looks like I have a great spring project ahead of me. In the next year we will be on the road full time. My wife is a travel nurse and I guess that will make us workampers.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:40 AM   #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
The water pump is going to control the water pressure however.....it should help with running 2 faucets at the same time.
What water pump do you recommend
Old 02-16-2016, 02:49 AM   #309

I have been looking at commercial Ag chem pumps. The motors are for continual use all ball bearing motors 6.4 gallon/min and 45psi. Only thing is it weighs 10 lbs
Old 02-16-2016, 12:44 PM   #310
Site Team

Tom - to my knowledge (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) there aren't different grades of apex hose. What Dave suggested to me and I've started to do is to re-crimp all the fittings I can get to and where I can I've added a second clamp. Like you, one of my projects will probably be a manifold but I've got a few ahead of that. L

As Tracy says, I'll never run out of things to "improve". LOL
Old 02-16-2016, 12:45 PM   #311
Site Team

Hate autospell. Was supposed to be Pex
Old 02-16-2016, 03:23 PM   #312

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
Tom - to my knowledge (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) there aren't different grades of apex hose. What Dave suggested to me and I've started to do is to re-crimp all the fittings I can get to and where I can I've added a second clamp. Like you, one of my projects will probably be a manifold but I've got a few ahead of that. L

I an in the same boat. Many projects ahead of that one. What I do is keep these projects on paper and hunt good deals and sales on all the things I will need to do the project. Sometimes I have and area of my garage full of parts to start and finish a project. It may take me a year or so to collect everything I need. That said, I will research and obtain usually fairly highend stuff so the project maybe expensive upgrade but it has been spread over time.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:30 PM   #313
Site Team

The water pumps all are rated at a Per gallon flow. I can't remember the name of the one I was about to buy but it had more water flow than the one that came with the Redwoods.

Currently the way that the RVs are plumbed......the water source is "daisy chained" so when water is being used in one area the other areas are starved. The manifold should help fix this and put a shut off on each line should a leak start.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:27 PM   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post

That would be a fun project! However, I think I would settle for just being able to turn off the W/D closer to the source so I could quickly de-winterize and use it without dewinterizing the W/D, dishwasher, or ice maker. The dishwasher and ice maker already have valves close enough to the source.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:25 PM   #315

Hey Brad the picture of the water alarm that you have.........Is that a pump that is white? Who makes it?
Old 02-16-2016, 07:26 PM   #316
Site Team

Brad, it's a good thing you, Tom and I don't live close to each other ........ We'd wind up renting a large storage box for all of our project supplies so the wives wouldn't realize just how much "stuff" we've got ! LOL

Btw, decide I am going to tow the Honda. Collecting pieces now. Friend gave me a Roadmaster Towbar and a BlueOx auxiliary wiring setup with the added bulbs. Figured that was a good start. If you get a chance, can you PM me the part numbers for the Camera Setup ?
Old 02-16-2016, 07:50 PM   #317

I took out the drawer on the hall side of the bed to realign the hinges. Good thing I don't have a washer because the drain line was never connected and several PVC fittings were in there loose. The hole through the side of the drawer compartment isn't big enough for me to work on it, so one of these days I'll have to take out the king bed and get at it from the top. Fixed the drawer, found another problem.

I also have to buy a pex tool as the cold water valve for the washer faces the wall and I want to locate the valve correctly.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:02 PM   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott & Vicky View Post
I took out the drawer on the hall side of the bed to realign the hinges. Good thing I don't have a washer because the drain line was never connected and several PVC fittings were in there loose. The hole through the side of the drawer compartment isn't big enough for me to work on it, so one of these days I'll have to take out the king bed and get at it from the top. Fixed the drawer, found another problem.

I also have to buy a pex tool as the cold water valve for the washer faces the wall and I want to locate the valve correctly.
Just go the fittings from Lowes or Home Depot and throw the cheep plastic ones away and buy the brass ones. The RW fitting have a very cheap rubber seal the insures the seal to the valve.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:12 PM   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott & Vicky View Post

You should be able to turn the washer valve by hand to point it in the right direction. Pex crimp rings are tight enough to not leak when tightened correctly, but you should be able to carefully turn it. Might have to hold the crimp ring or the water line but it should turn. But go ahead and buy the crimp tool in case you do have to tighten up some loose crimp rings or change out some fittings in the future.

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:16 PM   #320

The valves on mine are brass, but the the one on the cold water side was installed with the pipe treads facing the wall. I can.t get both hands into the hole to the drain line, so I can't really tell what I need to repair it. Two flex hose ends with a piece of a fitting on one of the ends. are all I can see. I reached in and found a loose fitting on the floor, but there is something else missing.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote