Redwood RV Owners Community

Redwood RV Owners Community (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/)
-   Redwood Care and Feeding (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f13/)
-   -   What Did You Do To Your Redwood Today? (https://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f13/what-did-you-do-to-your-redwood-today-3374.html)

atom ant 09-10-2015 04:34 PM

What Did You Do To Your Redwood Today?

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe a fun thread - its used on my Jeep Forum and one of the most popular. Nothing too small or too big - just a chance to post what you worked on!

Replaced my vent flapper (ordered a new one through Tiara RV). Was able to salvage the painted outside and sneak in there with a new flap. The new one happens to be black by the way, which is way too cool.

Ford truck guy 09-10-2015 04:36 PM

I sat in mine last night and drank some beers... does that count ?? :socool:

atom ant 09-10-2015 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tore apart the Dishwasher - it was falling back into the cabinet. The side brackets were installed wrong (they missed two of the tabs). Got a bit of a damaged door as a result, but up and running.

atom ant 09-10-2015 04:39 PM

Recaulked side moulding in two places where it was popping out and split the caulk. Used Geocel MHRV 2300 Clear (love that stuff).

Ford truck guy 09-10-2015 05:00 PM

man.... I am tired just reading the work you do,.,!!!

Rick and Mindy 09-10-2015 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atom ant (Post 54065)
Recaulked side moulding in two places where it was popping out and split the caulk. Used Geocel MHRV 2300 Clear (love that stuff).

Is that the same caulk you had to use to recaulk the "D" seals on the slides?

Piper Guy's Gal 09-10-2015 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford truck guy (Post 54063)

Absolutely!

atom ant 09-10-2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy (Post 54078)
Is that the same caulk you had to use to recaulk the "D" seals on the slides?

Yes - that i the one. Seals still holding!

Piper Guy's Gal 09-10-2015 06:33 PM

I have to wonder if some of you actually relax. :popcorn:

Vaughan constantly putters around the RW, tweaking this, adjusting that. At least the Amazon shipments have calmed down a little. I'm not sure he has that much more he can do.

atom ant 09-10-2015 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford truck guy (Post 54063)

That's in integral part of RVing! :lol: It's the dessert for all the other!

atom ant 09-10-2015 06:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Added wiring for rear hitch (I used a 9 pin + 4 pin combo, but only went with the 4 wire system - for now :))

Added a license plate light for my moniker, which is where I can now put my license plate when hauling bikes.

atom ant 09-10-2015 06:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally fixed that TV bracket in the bedroom so the angle of the TV is more towards the pillow :)

RomanyLife 09-10-2015 07:26 PM

Todd has asked me to quit reading Brad's posts.

Jim & Mary 09-10-2015 07:27 PM

I would really love to do that, but was it a ***** to install the panel with that angle. I would think the top would fight you to death.

atom ant 09-10-2015 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim & Mary (Post 54100)
I would really love to do that, but was it a ***** to install the panel with that angle. I would think the top would fight you to death.

Jim, if you are talking about the TV - I had to pull one of the wedges (pictured 2) to get the TV back in. I didn't have the pic of using just the one. (they were the thick 5 gallon paint sticks by the way :)) IN the end, I probably wedged out 3/8"

Ford truck guy 09-10-2015 07:47 PM

I have a fancy set of LED Tail lights that I want to put on..... I just saw all the mounds of clear caulk that I would need to try to cut out , then pull the old lens out,, then recaulk... decided to sit , and have a beer while I tossed the idea around...
That was a week ago!!! :-) still sitting... and pondering

atom ant 09-10-2015 07:50 PM

LEDs would be cool! I pulled both tailights to wire the trailer lights. It's not bad.

Do what I do - Order stuff on Amazon all year, drink beer 364 days, then go fix it all in one exhausting day - keeping a beer on close standby in case you change your mind :)

atom ant 09-10-2015 07:59 PM

Used a 4-ft level and recalibrated the leveling system. Our bathroom door started to shut by itself, and the shower door open.

Used Chuck's instructions from another post - PIECE OF CAKE! takes less than a couple of minutes, and when re-tested, perfect.

RWJSIM2003 09-10-2015 08:14 PM

Installed a 5er Hitch Cover in back of the truck since I never take it out. Added two EZ lift Jacks to the back of the RV to stabilize it when parked. DW did not like all the movement when walking around inside.

piper guy 09-10-2015 10:06 PM

When Brad gets done ~ he'll just buy another one and start over. I'll have the same problem.
When I put the bikes on, I never bother moving the license plate. Makes it easier when you run past a Photo Speed Trap .... they can't get the license number .. LOL