Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2016, 04:35 AM   #1
Site Team

Shakeup

I've been waiting to see if this would break but it seems to be pretty quiet so far.

I have heard that that there has been a big shakeup at Redwood and Croosroads in upper management to the tune of 12-15 people in different departments.

Anyone else run across anything ? Chris, have you heard anything in the grapevine ?
Old 03-06-2016, 04:30 PM   #2
Site Team

New management brings new ideas and processes which might not be a bad thing. From the outside looking in, I don't think the last 2 years has been much of a growth period for Redwood.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:33 PM   #3

Vaughan, checking through a few of my sources. Will let you know if anything surfaces.

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 04:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
New management brings new ideas and processes which might not be a bad thing. From the outside looking in, I don't think the last 2 years has been much of a growth period for Redwood.
Serious? Coming out with Sequoia and nearly doubling the number of floorplans offered in Redwood than in 2013 isn't much of a growth? From the surface I think they may have tried to grow too fast.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 05:22 PM   #5
Site Team

I meant growing in market share. The competition seems to have taking more of the market. I don't believe the past 2 years have been good years for Redwood.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:51 PM   #6

Guess I don't see what competition you are referring to. I don't see any other brand leaping out there grabbing the market for luxury 5ers over Redwood. Certainly not Landmark, although they made a gallant try, and Lifestyle never made a stain in the carpet.

If anything, I think the general market for luxury 5ers is shrinking overall. For the price point, there is sure a ton activity on the toy hauler side. Maybe us gray haired baby boomers aren't as dormat as they thought, and instead of triple towing our toys we are looking more seriously at the toy haulers now that they have gained a little luxury of their own. Not a single luxury 5er at the Denver show, but nearly 40% on display were toy haulers of every make and type including TT, 5er, even MH. They were the most popular there and the hardest to even fight the crowds to get in to see. I find myself surrounded by them at the campsites nowadays.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
I've been waiting to see if this would break but it seems to be pretty quiet so far.

I have heard that that there has been a big shakeup at Redwood and Croosroads in upper management to the tune of 12-15 people in different departments.

Anyone else run across anything ? Chris, have you heard anything in the grapevine ?

Is this what you were referring to?
Elkhart's Thor Industries makes personnel moves - Elkhart Truth
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:02 PM   #8
Site Team

Kind of - from what I'm hearing through a couple of contacts, Ryan Juday, the new Crossroads President pretty much cleaned house. 12-15 upper level people including Jim Lazzarino and some production people are gone. Also some on the Sales side.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:18 PM   #9

Change is sometime good, sometimes bad - time is the measure

We looked HARD at Toy haulers, but have always thought they were aimed at a different demographic and too utilitarian / 'rough' even redwoods when they were building way back in the 13's !
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:09 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
Kind of - from what I'm hearing through a couple of contacts, Ryan Juday, the new Crossroads President pretty much cleaned house. 12-15 upper level people including Jim Lazzarino and some production people are gone. Also some on the Sales side.
Wonder what he is trying to fix? Didn't think it was broken? If it ain't broke don't fix it?? Seems like they just change management about every two years whether it needs or not.!!!!
Old 03-07-2016, 12:59 AM   #11

Depending on who you talk to and what/where you read, the RV market in general is shrinking - sales are down, especially on the high end units. On the flip side, the entry level and mid-level travel trailers and medium size 5th wheels are selling in higher numbers than years past. Some credit this due to financial markets, housing markets and new home construction as developments are cramming homes so close together now that you cannot park an RV or boat at your residence anymore. Not to mention the price of a new 2016 1 ton fully loaded has an MSRP of over $80k. It is getting hard to justify (in full retail numbers) $80k for a 1 ton truck and $135k for a high end luxury fifth wheel. Depreciation has really hit the RV market with a strong vengeance over the past few years which makes ownership that much less appealing. I am only in my mid 30's and not sure how much longer I will stay in the RV world - not because I dont love the lifestyle, but financially it is starting to make less sense. That all being said, it seems that last year and this year there have been many "shake ups" within the manufacturers. Time will tell when/where it will stop....
Old 03-07-2016, 12:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroute View Post
not because I dont love the lifestyle, but financially it is starting to make less sense.
Excellent point.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 04:19 AM   #13

Truly owning an RV is not for the weak of heart when it comes time to trade. I continually am amazed that the industry has allowed the dealers to inject their authority in saying that a high end 5th wheel looses 50% of its value the first year. I look at ours and can't believe anyone could say this unit has lost half of its value. This is just ridiculous. As I recently told a sales rep, I have never minded a dealer making a reasonable profit, but looking at what they put a one year unit back on the market for looking to make $20k+ this is not acceptable. So, if you buy one plan on keeping it for a long time or lose your shirt.
slideone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:11 PM   #14

I agree, and do plan on keeping mine for a very long time. I will get what weak issues I find with it corrected and hopefully have a quality unit.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:06 PM   #15

Looks like Andy Cripe showed up in the news again. They refer to him as Cripe, a few lines later he is referred to as Crime. Nobody cares to spell correctly anymore. Especially the news.

Godfrey Marine sells Polar Kraft fishing boats brand to RV veterans - Elkhart Truth

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:35 PM   #16

Good to see he is getting along - Boats would be a fun industry.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:13 AM   #17

Augusta Luxe and DVR Mobile Suites both have the best insulation and Morryde IS Suspension although you pay more for them than the Redwoods. Not ready to make that investment yet, for now the Redwood is home.