Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2021, 03:09 PM   #1

Kitchen sink backing up?

Our 2013 36RE kitchen sink is not draining? Last evening I pulled piping loose from the sink, tried snaking the pipe leading to the tank with no success? Tank valve is showing to be open in my valve compartment? Indoor tank monitor showing full? No other issues with the bathroom or laundry plumbing? When using the snake, water was in the pipe to the point where the pipe goes through the spice rack area and on to the underneath sink area? Valve not open???? Vent problem??? PLEASE HELP ASAP????!!!
nwirt74@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 07:52 PM   #2

Behind the spice rack should be a Hepvo trap. Did you remove this before you snaked the drain line? Snaking the Hepvo trap might have ruined it. Not sure why tank would be that full as to back up in the sink unless it is really that full. Might need to drop the corplast underbelly and inspect the drain valve and cable for proper operation.

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 10:27 PM   #3

If your only indication the tank is full is the sensor that doesn't necessarily mean the tank is full, they are notorious for being totally useless.
I also agree you've likely ruined the Hepvo trap, it looks like a flattened bicycle inner tube, so snaking or the use of a plunger will wreck it fairly easily. Snaking any plumbing on a rv is not recommended nor the use of powerful drain cleaners, water or air pressure are better options.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 04:36 PM   #4

I had the same problem with my 2016 36RL. I purchased 2 items: https://tanktechsrx.com/product/ttoolrx/ and https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Rhi...caAtpKEALw_wcB
mfsmith57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 04:44 PM   #5

mfsmith57 is offline   Reply With Quote