Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2018, 06:02 PM   #1

Roadmaster Comfort Ride Springs

Has anyone seen any information about the Roadmaster Comfort Ride springs and shocks? I read the article in the July issue of Trailer Life, but haven't seen much of anything anywhere else. I'm sure the Morryde IS rules over all, but I was just wondering if this would be a significant upgrade in ride quality over the stock system.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:42 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
I installed centrepoint airbags and joyride shocks on mine. Improved the ride immensely at a third the cost of the IS
Old 08-07-2018, 04:37 AM   #3

Do you have much of a problem with keeping them inflated? My airbag on the Flex Air needs topping off every few days. I can't find a leak.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:32 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastbird View Post
Do you have much of a problem with keeping them inflated? My airbag on the Flex Air needs topping off every few days. I can't find a leak.

That seems to be the nature of the beast. I have always had the same issue on my 2012 36RL with the Trail-Air Tri-Glide. When on the move, I check the pressure every morning, otherwise, I check the air pressure prior to hooking up the truck. I have always suspected the schrader valve had a slow leak but everyone that has one of these units seems to have the same problem. So, I don't worry about it too much.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:38 PM   #5

I got tired of getting out the compressor for my Triglide on the Redwood, so I installed one up in the pin box cavity.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg user488_pic659_1442368971.jpg (38.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg user488_pic674_1442370557.jpg (17.7 KB, 12 views)
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:08 PM   #6

Now I find out there is a company called Liberty Rider that has been selling pretty much the same system for a couple of years. A video on YouTube looks pretty convincing, but Hey, what do I know?
Old 08-07-2018, 09:15 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastbird View Post
The centrepoint will drops about 3 lbs in a 2 week period
All airbags will hold air for extended period of the connections are done properly
Old 08-08-2018, 09:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
That seems to be the nature of the beast. I have always had the same issue on my 2012 36RL with the Trail-Air Tri-Glide. When on the move, I check the pressure every morning, otherwise, I check the air pressure prior to hooking up the truck. I have always suspected the schrader valve had a slow leak but everyone that has one of these units seems to have the same problem. So, I don't worry about it too much.
I have a few ideas that may help with the air loss problem. There is a product that Walmart sells called tire slim , its a green paste in a bottle that has sealed my tractor tires and stopped all minor leaks to the point where I don't put air in the tires but maybe every other year. It was to the point of every 2~3 weeks the tires need air. Also metal valve stem caps with rubber gaskets will seal the stem from core leaks , also available at Walmart. the green slime works best if it coates every part of a tire so I am not sure how well its going to work in the air bag but if it isn't hard to remove the bag maybe put some in it and shake it around .
Old 08-09-2018, 04:25 AM   #9

Yeah, I use slime in my mower tires and it works. But like you said it has to coat the whole tire to work. Not sure how to make it seal a non rotating air bag.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:02 AM   #10

Had the slime in our bicycle tubes, mower tubes & my wheel barrow, but don't think I'd add it to the air bag, I think rotation is the key & not much rotation in the air bag.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:10 PM   #11

Hopefully there will be NO rotation of the airbag. ��
Old 08-24-2018, 04:25 PM   #12

I have the Liberty Rider and think it does a great job......you need every advantage in this day and age with the condition of the northern roads.....;(
Old 08-24-2018, 05:44 PM   #13

Hey! Thanks for the comment Mr. Snook. I haven't had much luck finding any unbiased opinions on this set up. Anything you would like to add would be appreciated.
Old 08-25-2018, 01:08 AM   #14

I did two things that really helped the way my 2013 RL was riding and wearing tires, first I installed the Liberty Rider system and the shock absorber kit. Ordered it all thru the web site and really got lucky and the owner/inventer was coming to Florida anyway and brought it to me saving the shipping cost, he even helped me do the install the first day! His name is Sonny Dismuke...great guy.
Second, at his recommendation, I had the axels aligned after the install, it now tracks straight behind the truck, rides a lot better and the tires show no wear after my last trip of 5700 miles. They had been wearing on the insides due to the chamber being out and the rear axel was toed out a little, all that is corrected now.
The liberty rider was $995.00, the shock kit was like $300 and change and the axel alignment was $400......worth every penny so far...it the tires wear like they are now...I'll get 25k out of them at least...and they are over a $1000 dollars or more per set. I don't regret any of it.
Old 08-25-2018, 01:27 AM   #15

That's an interesting story. What kind of a shop would be able to do a proper alignment on a fiver?
Old 08-25-2018, 01:49 AM   #16

Any good Frame and Axle shop for semi's/big trucks, mine was all computerized latest set up. (Tampa Frame & Axle)
Old 02-01-2021, 08:40 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsnook View Post
I did two things that really helped the way my 2013 RL was riding and wearing tires, first I installed the Liberty Rider system and the shock absorber kit. Ordered it all thru the web site and really got lucky and the owner/inventer was coming to Florida anyway and brought it to me saving the shipping cost, he even helped me do the install the first day! His name is Sonny Dismuke...great guy.
Second, at his recommendation, I had the axels aligned after the install, it now tracks straight behind the truck, rides a lot better and the tires show no wear after my last trip of 5700 miles. They had been wearing on the insides due to the chamber being out and the rear axel was toed out a little, all that is corrected now.
The liberty rider was $995.00, the shock kit was like $300 and change and the axel alignment was $400......worth every penny so far...it the tires wear like they are now...I'll get 25k out of them at least...and they are over a $1000 dollars or more per set. I don't regret any of it.

In November, while coming to Florida, I had a spring bundle break on my coach after traveling over some extremely rough road on I-65 around Birmingham, AL. I am considering essentially the same upgrade to my 2012 36RL. The Roadmaster Comfort Ride Suspension, based on what I have seen, is supposed to be a combination of the Liberty Rider and Joy Rider.

I am curious now that you have had your system for a couple of years what your view is of how your system is holding up.

Guy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote