Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2022, 08:12 PM   #1

Adding hybrid inverter

Hi all

I am trying to add a Hybrid inverter to my RV (2019 3881ES)
Victron Multiplus II 12/3000/120/50, 2 x 120V

On the AC side - the input and output are coming from the generator transfer switch and eliminating the inverter and the inverter transfer switch. (I currently have 1000w Magnum Dimensions CSW1012 and CSW-TS15)
The new inverter will feed the whole RV and has a pass-through embedded.

On the DC side - this new inverter will also be charging the batteries, so I need to connect it instead of the current battery charger.

My question is - where is the existing battery charger located?

Thanks
Motty
mottych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 12:57 AM   #2

Typically the converters are behind a basement wall in the pass thru. Remove some square head screws and remove a section and look for it.

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 12:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottych View Post
Hi all

I am trying to add a Hybrid inverter to my RV (2019 3881ES)
Victron Multiplus II 12/3000/120/50, 2 x 120V

On the AC side - the input and output are coming from the generator transfer switch and eliminating the inverter and the inverter transfer switch. (I currently have 1000w Magnum Dimensions CSW1012 and CSW-TS15)
The new inverter will feed the whole RV and has a pass-through embedded.

On the DC side - this new inverter will also be charging the batteries, so I need to connect it instead of the current battery charger.

My question is - where is the existing battery charger located?

Thanks
Motty
My 2018 MB Charges from the converter at the breaker/fuse panel
drj564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 12:59 AM   #4

I am not sure what model redwood you have but I just did a full solar/inverter Victron set up in out redwood. Our battery charger is part of the AC /DC fuse breaker panel. I just tuned the breaker off for the charger and everything else still works. If you really wanted to disable that charger you can pull it out and disconnect the AC power to the line side of it. I am a electrician by trade and can help you with any questions you may have on the Victron equipment.
Old 11-11-2022, 01:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCMARK View Post
I am not sure what model redwood you have but I just did a full solar/inverter Victron set up in out redwood. Our battery charger is part of the AC /DC fuse breaker panel. I just tuned the breaker off for the charger and everything else still works. If you really wanted to disable that charger you can pull it out and disconnect the AC power to the line side of it. I am a electrician by trade and can help you with any questions you may have on the Victron equipment.
Thank you so much for your reply
I do have already a solar panel set up, although not v8ctr9n..
My RV is 2019 3881ES.
I just bought the inverter with some accessories, hoping to get it next week and start writing in this project

Would appreciate your help and guidance
Let me know how can I contact you
My email is
Mottych@gmail.com

Motty
mottych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 01:55 AM   #6

Motty ,

Send me a PM with your phone number and a time that we can talk on the phone . I get out of around 4 pm most weekdays , We could talk then . I am on the east coast .