Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2017, 03:36 AM   #1261

I need to do mine too. Did you have to remove the cover or just bend it into place?
Cliff & Julie Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:32 AM   #1262

Added a new onboard surge protector today.

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0969 (2).JPG (320.0 KB, 29 views)
Old 09-03-2017, 01:36 AM   #1263

Removed our on board surge protector today as it opened up on 1 leg. Had run to town to find connectors to ty to the wires together till I can get it replaced.

Rick
Old 09-03-2017, 02:03 AM   #1264

Surge protector

I'd like to add one to my 2015 38RL. Where do you put it? I would guess the 220V circuit first goes to the inverter/converter. Is that where you picked up the circuit?
2015 38RL with MORryde IS, residential fridge, DW, washer and dryer, generator, and slide in slide. 2 A/C, 1 HP and a fireplace. Added 17.5 inch wheels. Follows a 2013 Ram dually diesel with 8' bed and Reese 20K.
RW Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:12 PM   #1265

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW Cal View Post
I'd like to add one to my 2015 38RL. Where do you put it? I would guess the 220V circuit first goes to the inverter/converter. Is that where you picked up the circuit?
We have and FL and I located it under the original transfer switch in the battery compartment. Added a piece of plywood as nothing good to mount it to.
This one is mounted to the shore power before it goes into the transfer switch.

Steve
Old 09-03-2017, 04:52 PM   #1266

That's where mine is, in the battery compartment next to the transfer switch.
I bought a short section of cable and wired it into the output side of the EMS, then all I had to do was pull the shore line out of the transfer switch, wire it into the input side of the EMS, then wire the new section of cable from the output of the EMS into the transfer switch.
Did it that way on our '12 RL and this '16 MB.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 05:19 PM   #1267

Surge Protector

Thanks to everyone. I think I'll put a couple of Group 31 AGMs in there when I do this.
2015 38RL with MORryde IS, residential fridge, DW, washer and dryer, generator, and slide in slide. 2 A/C, 1 HP and a fireplace. Added 17.5 inch wheels. Follows a 2013 Ram dually diesel with 8' bed and Reese 20K.
RW Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:21 PM   #1268

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddFlap View Post
"TV and sound bar not working or connected correctly"

Not really sure about you mean here but... When I first looked at a '17 Redwood the TV would not play through the sound bar. A tech tried to figure out the "problem" but was unable to make the TV play through anything but the TV speakers. A few days later we looked at another Redwood and went through the same scenario. When we bought our '18 the dealer (a different dealer than we first went to) said the TV wasn't supposed to play through the sound bar. Sounds hokey but that's what I have experienced.
I had trouble getting mine to work there was always interference, went out and bought a Bose sound bar, and in hooking it up the instructions said to completely turn off the TV speakers. It works great.
I still have the original sound bar, but I never did try it with TV speakers turned off, just food for thought.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:19 PM   #1269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff&Karen39MB View Post
I had trouble getting mine to work there was always interference, went out and bought a Bose sound bar, and in hooking it up the instructions said to completely turn off the TV speakers. It works great.
I still have the original sound bar, but I never did try it with TV speakers turned off, just food for thought.
There should be a fiber optic audio cable between the tv and the soundbar. Maybe the TV is missing this connection.
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:04 PM   #1270

Yesterday put new vinyl fabric on the kitchen & dining slide toppers, the originals had the threads in the seams deteriorated & coming loose. It was surprisingly easy job with 2 people with ladders.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:40 PM   #1271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
Added a new onboard surge protector today.

Steve

Looks nice Steve, what are you doing with the old portable one ? Keeping it as a spare?
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:23 PM   #1272

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergeman View Post
There should be a fiber optic audio cable between the tv and the soundbar. Maybe the TV is missing this connection.
No its there and was hooked up, got a new one with the Bose speakers, but we could always listen to TV speakers, so when Bose said to turn them off, got me thinking maybe it should have been off for the soundbar provided.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:34 PM   #1273
Site Team

Added the sound bar we had in the sticks and bricks when we moved into the coach in May - had to do just as Jeff said. If I didn't turn off or turn down to 0 the tv speakers, I had both.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:57 PM   #1274
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Yesterday put new vinyl fabric on the kitchen & dining slide toppers, the originals had the threads in the seams deteriorated & coming loose. It was surprisingly easy job with 2 people with ladders.

Danny,

My slide toppers are experiencing the same issue with the threads starting to rot out. The actual topper material is still in fairly good shape, so, I am thinking about having the material re-sewn. I have access to a nearby company that does that kind of work and I will get a quote on doing the work.

I had a problem with the topper on my dining slide recently. The topper was visually sagging, so I thought I would add a couple of turns to the roller tension spring. I have done that previously on the kitchen slide topper without a problem. But, of course, this time the roller spring got away from me and unwound. I ended up having to take down the roller and dis-assemble the spring from the roller tube. I had to do some repair to the spring and re-assemble into the roller tube, put in 2 new pop rivets and wind up the spring 20 turns (per Carefree instructions) while I had it on the bench. It is now ready to go back up on the slide. I have the topper material removed and I plan to do a good cleaning and then take it to the shop to get a quote on re-sewing all of the seams. Removing the topper material and get the roller tube down was fairly easy to do by myself, but, I will likely need some help putting material back in place up on the slide.

Now to clean the top of the slide while the topper is removed and also treat the seals.

Danny, just curious, what was your source for the new topper material?

Guy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:14 PM   #1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
Danny,

My slide toppers are experiencing the same issue with the threads starting to rot out. The actual topper material is still in fairly good shape, so, I am thinking about having the material re-sewn. I have access to a nearby company that does that kind of work and I will get a quote on doing the work.

I had a problem with the topper on my dining slide recently. The topper was visually sagging, so I thought I would add a couple of turns to the roller tension spring. I have done that previously on the kitchen slide topper without a problem. But, of course, this time the roller spring got away from me and unwound. I ended up having to take down the roller and dis-assemble the spring from the roller tube. I had to do some repair to the spring and re-assemble into the roller tube, put in 2 new pop rivets and wind up the spring 20 turns (per Carefree instructions) while I had it on the bench. It is now ready to go back up on the slide. I have the topper material removed and I plan to do a good cleaning and then take it to the shop to get a quote on re-sewing all of the seams. Removing the topper material and get the roller tube down was fairly easy to do by myself, but, I will likely need some help putting material back in place up on the slide.

Now to clean the top of the slide while the topper is removed and also treat the seals.

Danny, just curious, what was your source for the new topper material?

Guy
Guy,
I ordered them from Shade Pro website, they were their "vinyl trim to fit" & are as heavy a material as was original, seams are "welded" not sewn so I won't have that problem again. I don't know what it will cost you to have them stitched up, but these were just over $100 each, so you might want to check before having them sewn up.
My SIL helped me install them & he let the roller get away on the kitchen slide, but we were able to just roll it back up, I don't know about 20 turns, but they seem to be tighter.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:16 PM   #1276

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Looks nice Steve, what are you doing with the old portable one ? Keeping it as a spare?
How did I know that question was coming
Old 09-06-2017, 12:40 AM   #1277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
How did I know that question was coming

Your a wise man ! Or is it a wise guy ?? :-).
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:55 AM   #1278

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Guy,
I ordered them from Shade Pro website, they were their "vinyl trim to fit" & are as heavy a material as was original, seams are "welded" not sewn so I won't have that problem again. I don't know what it will cost you to have them stitched up, but these were just over $100 each, so you might want to check before having them sewn up.
My SIL helped me install them & he let the roller get away on the kitchen slide, but we were able to just roll it back up, I don't know about 20 turns, but they seem to be tighter.
When I got our toppers they we installed on our Redwood, we got them from Shade Pro. Great company to deal with, quality products and good pricing.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:58 AM   #1279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Your a wise man ! Or is it a wise guy ?? :-).
I'll stay out of this one!
Old 09-06-2017, 01:24 AM   #1280

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
[QUOTE=Ford truck guy;76571]Your a wise man ! Or is it a wise guy ?? :-). [/QUOTE

Both