Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2020, 07:08 PM   #1

Fuse Problem

Happy 4th of July everyone. I have a 2014 Ram DW and a 2014 36RL it seems that every time I hitch up my right rear brake and turn signal on the 5th wheel blows the fuse on my truck a little 20amp. Once I replace the fuse I’m good to go. Anyone else with a Ram that is having this problem and how do I find out how to correct it. The truck dealer says it’s not the truck. The 5th wheel dealers say it’s not the 5th wheel. It’s a pain to constantly having to replace fuses.
bshouseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:24 PM   #2

Check the connections between the TV and RW, sure sounds like there is a momentary short when you're plugging the RW Pig Tail into the Truck.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:48 PM   #3

I guess I would start with the trailer pigtail. Maybe there is a loose wire/connection that shorts while you are making the connection then after the connection is made the wires are not touching. You could connect the trailer replace the fuse and then just move the trailer wire all around with it still connected and see if it blows the fuse. How do you know its the right rear brake and turn signal?
robkathybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 06:05 PM   #4

This may seem unbelievable, but check bed light on the back of the cab to see if the bulbs are good and to see if any water has leaked into it. When the bulb out light for the rear right turn signal came on, I changed the bulb. and no improvement. Stopped into the dealer, and he said that if one of the bulbs in the light goes, this is how it is indicated. Changed the bulb and all was fine. They are interconnected some way so this could be it.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:02 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott & Vicky View Post
This may seem unbelievable, but check bed light on the back of the cab to see if the bulbs are good and to see if any water has leaked into it. When the bulb out light for the rear right turn signal came on, I changed the bulb. and no improvement. Stopped into the dealer, and he said that if one of the bulbs in the light goes, this is how it is indicated. Changed the bulb and all was fine. They are interconnected some way so this could be it.
Glad you found it
Who would have thunk
Old 06-06-2021, 12:01 PM   #6

Fuse problem

All thanks for all your help these forums are good for very different ways that may be helpful. Found my problem the rear tell light had a wire that came loose so I reattached and it works great.
bshouseman is offline   Reply With Quote