Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2020, 01:00 AM   #1

Screw came through the floor

We just found this screw that had came right up through the floor from underneath on our 2019 3901WB.
Its beside the island on the table side.
Its still under warranty but this is very concerning. Has anyone else had similar?
TrapshooterAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 01:51 PM   #2

Same model, same problem. I just cut a small x above the screw and tightened the fastener. Afterwards, reglued the area. In our case, the screw was in a darker area of the flooring so not noticeable unless you are looking for it.
A2 Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:40 PM   #3

We have a 2020 RW4001LK with the very same issue and took it to the Dealer yesterday. was the the center of the front bathroom under the vinyl flooring
webberwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 11:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by webberwj View Post
We have a 2020 RW4001LK with the very same issue and took it to the Dealer yesterday. was the the center of the front bathroom under the vinyl flooring
So if I understand correctly, you found it inside the half bath? We have a 2021 4001LK.

Lisa, Bill & Kiana (our spoiled Malamute)
2020 Chevy Silverado High Country CC DRW
2021 Redwood 4001LK "Big Blue"
ljvda1221@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 04:37 PM   #5

Same model same problem. I fixed mine once and it came loose again which is worse because after patching the floor I had to try and do the same spot again. I put in a 4" long 1/4-20 flat head bolt in place of the screw and put a wax nut on the bottom from under the trailer. That one won't come loose again. If they fix it under warranty make sure that they do it so it won't strip out again after you are out of warranty.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy1 View Post
Same model same problem. I fixed mine once and it came loose again which is worse because after patching the floor I had to try and do the same spot again. I put in a 4" long 1/4-20 flat head bolt in place of the screw and put a wax nut on the bottom from under the trailer. That one won't come loose again. If they fix it under warranty make sure that they do it so it won't strip out again after you are out of warranty.
Thanks for the heads up
It would be nice if Redwood would stand up to their product and send out a factory campaign.
The screw that came up on ours was about 5” under the slide when retracted. The slide floor was ruined and is now being replaced
TrapshooterAB is offline   Reply With Quote