Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2015, 06:45 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dogs View Post
I will be waiting patiently to see what you find (if anything) for worn parts when yours is disassembled as it is brand new with one trip. I think yours is the newest trailer here and it will be interesting to see if anything has been changed ... I have my hopes they have!
Yale ,
I will report to all once I swap them out... At that point , they will have about 3000 miles + transport from Indiana to New Jersey which is 662 miles.. we shall see
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:23 PM   #102

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
As stated possibly in another thread... The IS is a great solution but a lot of money... their SRE4000 is 1 step below and at $350.00 its a FAR CRY cheaper than the $3000.00 for the IS . . . Call the folks at Mor/Ryde and ask all the differences , they are CREAT to chat with and will answer all questions.
The IS has about 5"-5-1/2" in movement where the SRE4000 has 4" and the stock equa flex has 2-1/4" - 2-1/2"
there is one in between these 2 at 1300.00 and that is centerpoint air bag system everyone that has them like them.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:28 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
there is one in between these 2 at 1300.00 and that is centerpoint air bag system everyone that has them like them.
I looked at them , just not thrilled about the air bags and maintaining the pressure , on board compressor , ect...
Old 08-12-2015, 08:48 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanyLife View Post
UPDATE: I just received the following email from my service center regarding our shredded bushings:
I just wanted to give you a status update and inform you that Crossroads has denied the warranty claim to replace the shackle bushings as this is considered a wearable item and Crossroads will not participate on repairing this under warranty.

So I guess everyone should add "Replace shackle bushings" to their annual maintenance schedule. Again, we have towed the trailer less than 1000 miles (plus delivery from Indiana 2400 miles).

Awesome. And no- I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP. :-(
Sent you a PM!
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:30 AM   #105

Rob_fla: just curious why you are holding off installing the SRE 4000? We have ordered the shackle set and George is planning to install. FYI: Looks like our springs may still have a little life left--so we would like to hold off if we can. Do you know anything about the CRE/3000?

2014 38RL, 2014 RAM Dually and Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Loving Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:38 AM   #106

George, I installed the SRE 4000 about a month ago, had it on our Redwood when we left Florida heading to the Rally.
The CRE 3000 is a entry level MorRide product, just a rubber cushion / isolator on the equalizer bar, not a rubber shear unit with the travel like the SRE 4000,
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:43 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_fla View Post
George, I installed the SRE 4000 about a month ago, had it on our Redwood when we left Florida heading to the Rally.
The CRE 3000 is a entry level MorRide product, just a rubber cushion / isolator on the equalizer bar, not a rubber shear unit with the travel like the SRE 4000,
How do you like the SRE 4000? Is it a big improvement over the stock equal flex?
Old 08-13-2015, 03:00 AM   #108

This is the 2nd 5er I have installed the SRE 4000 on, improved the ride on both units.
My wife follows me in my company truck when we travel, both times we installed the SRE 4000 she said you can easily see the extra wheel travel when going down the road and hitting bumps and such.
If we are getting extra wheel travel, the coach is taking less of a impact.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:44 PM   #109
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_fla View Post
This is the 2nd 5er I have installed the SRE 4000 on, improved the ride on both units.
My wife follows me in my company truck when we travel, both times we installed the SRE 4000 she said you can easily see the extra wheel travel when going down the road and hitting bumps and such.
If we are getting extra wheel travel, the coach is taking less of a impact.

Rob,

I ordered the Mod/ryde SRE4000 and Heavy Duty Shackles kit from Dyers Online a couple of days ago. So, I will have a big job coming up before long. I plan to remove/repack/replace the wheel bearings as well. The past 3 years, I have had the Redwood Factory Service Center repack the bearings. I have also had to have them lubricate the shackle bolts. There have always been a 2 to 4 bolts that I could not get to take grease. After 4 years and nearly 15000 miles, it will be interesting to see the condition and type of the bushings on the suspension system and the condition of the wheel bearings as well.

Ready to get my hands greasy and dirty...........again.

Guy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:08 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
Rob,

I ordered the Mod/ryde SRE4000 and Heavy Duty Shackles kit from Dyers Online a couple of days ago. So, I will have a big job coming up before long. I plan to remove/repack/replace the wheel bearings as well. The past 3 years, I have had the Redwood Factory Service Center repack the bearings. I have also had to have them lubricate the shackle bolts. There have always been a 2 to 4 bolts that I could not get to take grease. After 4 years and nearly 15000 miles, it will be interesting to see the condition and type of the bushings on the suspension system and the condition of the wheel bearings as well.

Ready to get my hands greasy and dirty...........again.

Guy
Will be very interested in hearing what you find and also your feedback on the difficulty of the upgrade.
All this conversation makes you wonder if the lippert chassis are built to redwood spec or if the same suspension is used on most others like bighorn and other brands.
It would also be interesting to see if there at some point was a change and some earlier units don't have the problematic bushings and spring shackles.
Look forward to your findings Guy.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:57 PM   #111

Yale, after upgrading my shackles back in Jan & being under there a while, the entire system looks exactly like my '09 Big Country. I know when I toured the factory a couple years ago they had a plie of axles waiting to be installed & nothing said "specially for RWs".
Guy, sounds like a lot of work, but once you start it's not too bad other than getting up/down so many times & to me it seems like a long way up anymore!.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 05:33 PM   #112

repost: I wanted to make sure everyone saw this, sorry if it's redundant for you.

Update: I received a very nice email from Redwood and they expressed their regret that our warranty claim was denied and they confirmed that it would be accepted. They also said that they are learning of things they need to improve on FROM US and are glad for the information. They are trying very hard to overcome their weaknesses in this area by learning more about what is happening. I think we can all be greatly encouraged and hopeful by their evident display of sincerity, not just here, but at the rally and to the Redwood Owner's Group. I, for one, am absolutely willing to support them on this. Looking forward, the future looks much brighter when I know that they care, and accept the mistakes they made (we all make them). Thanks everyone involved for a good conversation between the owners and the company. Sometimes, just communicating is all it takes, and we can all do that. If you evaluate people based not so much on their actions, but on their INTENTIONS then you will be better served.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:23 PM   #113

Quote:
repost: I wanted to make sure everyone saw this, sorry if it's redundant for you.

Update: I received a very nice email from Redwood and they expressed their regret that our warranty claim was denied and they confirmed that it would be accepted. They also said that they are learning of things they need to improve on FROM US and are glad for the information. They are trying very hard to overcome their weaknesses in this area by learning more about what is happening. I think we can all be greatly encouraged and hopeful by their evident display of sincerity, not just here, but at the rally and to the Redwood Owner's Group. I, for one, am absolutely willing to support them on this. Looking forward, the future looks much brighter when I know that they care, and accept the mistakes they made (we all make them). Thanks everyone involved for a good conversation between the owners and the company. Sometimes, just communicating is all it takes, and we can all do that. If you evaluate people based not so much on their actions, but on their INTENTIONS then you will be better served.
NOW THATS GREAT NEWS !! I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS ! !!

Perhaps they are listening better than we first thought.?
Old 08-13-2015, 06:27 PM   #114

I do not think there is a time when anyone should stop working on their listening skills :-) I think you are right and I think it's also good when we try to work as a team. Good things happen when people cooperate.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:45 PM   #115

Quote:

There you go! clear proof they want to stand above the others IMO.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:07 PM   #116

That sounds fantastic - now if they can just pull through with some fixes! Putting out some spot fires of those who are the most vocal isn't going to fix it, in fact it might just mask what really needs fixed. I hope they look at their warranty "factory-dealer-customer" relations. Curbing some of the denials will definitely instill confidence again, at least from my perspective.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 03:50 PM   #117

They need to document these problems and their fixes better. I documented the Washer hose under the bed over three years ago with pictures, yet the problem is still poping up. Same with the Microwave Vent, fixed it on our 2012 RL and still have the same issue on this 2016 MB. Those are the things that really get to owners, problems that keep reappearing.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:26 AM   #118
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
They need to document these problems and their fixes better. I documented the Washer hose under the bed over three years ago with pictures, yet the problem is still poping up. Same with the Microwave Vent, fixed it on our 2012 RL and still have the same issue on this 2016 MB. Those are the things that really get to owners, problems that keep reappearing.
Very well said! Each time there's a problem it seems to be a never before heard issue .........that's been going on for a long time.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:47 AM   #119

I think some of this issue has came to light. If someone somewhere decides it's a non covered issue it gets denied, until the end of last week the top management team did not see the items denied. They did not get a report that showed them .... They will now going forward. This should help them better identify issues and make management more aware of what other departments are doing. Hopefuly catching issues more quickly and maybe seeing an issue and reversing the denials on some things and fixing them faster before the next trailer goes out the door.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:32 PM   #120

I am getting ready to do some upgrades to our 2013 36 FL, could you please tell me the model numbers of the wetbolt kit and the mor/ryde sre 4000 you purchased, thanks,
2013 36FL, Winegard Trav'ler Dish 1000, Stacked W/D, Heat pump, Trailair Air Ride 5th Wheel Pin Box, 2016 3500 Ram Longhorn Edition Crew Cab 4x4, 50 gal auxilliary tank, 5000 Airlift bags, 26K Husky hitch
riciren is offline   Reply With Quote