Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2015, 12:01 AM   #81

Send a message via AIM to NW Snowbirds
Received my MOR/RYDE Wet Bolt Kit UPGRADE U012-021. Anxious to get into it week after next and see how much plastic bushings remain after 20k miles! LOL.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:10 AM   #82

Snowbirds, I'd bet you a coffee & donut that the street side ones are all but gone, the other side a little better.
Romany, I think it should be a warranty item & it's the principal of the thing, but for a $100 & about 4-6 hours labor you'd be better off switching to the heavy shackles as RW would probably just replace with original items.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:15 AM   #83

Thanks TT. I agree, but labor is the part that costs the most, and anyway I am pretty sure I just paid for brand new shackles and bushings.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:42 AM   #84

I totally understand. Wish I were closer, I could help with the labor.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 08-12-2015, 12:47 AM   #85

That is IS SOOOOOO NICE thank you. It is difficult for most full timers to do jobs like this on their trailers in an RV park. Not all RV parks are happy about that kind of thing. You probably know what I'm talking about. It is definitely the downside of full timing most of the time we cannot even wash our coaches or even change the oil in the truck. :-)

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Old 08-12-2015, 12:56 AM   #86

I just looked up Woodland on the Cumbia river & currently we are on the Columbia River also just on the opposite side of the state in Kennewick.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 08-12-2015, 01:02 AM   #87

Haha yes! You are 3 hours away :-) Todd spends lots of time in Kennewick every spring. He trains new marine patrol officers there. I told him about the park you are staying in and said I would like to go along next spring when he goes and take the redwood over there. Do you like the park?

Old 08-12-2015, 01:11 AM   #88

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
When I installed my Centerpoint I had 3 of the 4 plastic bushings were 1/2 gone. When I purchased the trailer I hauled it 120 miles from the dealer to the resort where it is parked. I also replaced the plastic bushings in the 4 outer spring eyes with bronze and 2 of them were shot. This coach has traveled app 1600 miles as it was hauled fro Indiana to my dealer in southern California. The bushings installed are made of cheap plastic not teflon or some of the new polymers out there. Redwood needs to check the quality of parts the vendors like Lippert are providing them. There is no way these items should be failing this soon. I have been around the block for a few years and when that bushing disappears the bolt in the spring eye will disenegrate shortly thereafter. Which may be the cause of some of the broken spring issues
Old 08-12-2015, 01:17 AM   #89

That's what we think too. There have been a lot of more serious failures that probably started out the same way, missing bushings. You would think that redwood would want the bushing replaced instead of having to replace my leaf springs. Oh I forgot they are just telling people their trailers are overloaded right? They will not succeed with my trailer. It is not overloaded and I have documents to prove it. We are very careful about that.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:24 AM   #90

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Even overloaded everyone worries about their 7000 lb axles. They are rated for 7000 but as any tool rope spring axle by government standards usually have a 5-1 safety margin built into it. Why do you think all these 3/4 tons that are pulling trailers with 3500 pin weight are not having the rear axle housings break in half
Old 08-12-2015, 01:37 AM   #91

TT, did tons of work in Tri-cities - actually supposed to be there now but begging off. Several colleagues in Horn Rapids RV resort out of Richland on 240.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 02:26 AM   #92

This is a very nice, friendly park, owners & workkampers are all fantastic. Our son is in the process of moving here & we actually had reservations at Horn Rapids til we drove through it, cancelled immediately to stay here. HR was to crowded, close together, & too many full time residents with way too much stuff piled around.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 08-12-2015, 02:28 AM   #93

You are at Columbia Sun right? I definitely am going to make a note to go there when Todd is working over there for weeks at a time.

Old 08-12-2015, 03:52 PM   #94

I'll have to look at Columbia Sun next time out. I saw Moon River and didn't like that one. I do the Marriott as I don't have insurance set up to actually do work camping. Maybe in a few years I can start.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 04:13 PM   #95
Site Team

Proof again...........the suspensions are the weakest part of the Redwoods. And they still build them today the same way.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:25 PM   #96

I have an appointment on the 31st of this month to have the complete Disc brake set installed on my trailer.. I spoke to my installer and he told me if I supply the HD Mor/Ryde wet bolt kit , he would install if for 1 HR labor charge since he will already have it all apart... and I tossed in the Mor/ryde SRE4000.. he said no charge for that install. These were actually planned upgrades before I took delivery of the RW.
Almost all the trailers I have had , that part of the trailer can be the weak link...
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 04:29 PM   #97

That's a great solution FTG: We are going to get ours upgraded too somehow... I don't want to wait until our springs break and potentially cause something catastrophic. We cannot in good conscience continue to tow a trailer with a potentially compromised suspension. It's just too big and heavy to take a chance. I wish we were able to get it to Indiana to have the IS put on... not sure how we are going to get it taken care of we are doing our homework now.

Old 08-12-2015, 04:46 PM   #98

As stated possibly in another thread... The IS is a great solution but a lot of money... their SRE4000 is 1 step below and at $350.00 its a FAR CRY cheaper than the $3000.00 for the IS . . . Call the folks at Mor/Ryde and ask all the differences , they are CREAT to chat with and will answer all questions.
The IS has about 5"-5-1/2" in movement where the SRE4000 has 4" and the stock equa flex has 2-1/4" - 2-1/2"
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:17 PM   #99

Yes we're at CS & after driving through several parks it's the best in the Tri Cities. We really like this area as it's like the part of Texas we grew up in, too many trees west of here for us.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 08-12-2015, 06:35 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
I have an appointment on the 31st of this month to have the complete Disc brake set installed on my trailer.. I spoke to my installer and he told me if I supply the HD Mor/Ryde wet bolt kit , he would install if for 1 HR labor charge since he will already have it all apart... and I tossed in the Mor/ryde SRE4000.. he said no charge for that install. These were actually planned upgrades before I took delivery of the RW.
Almost all the trailers I have had , that part of the trailer can be the weak link...
I will be waiting patiently to see what you find (if anything) for worn parts when yours is disassembled as it is brand new with one trip. I think yours is the newest trailer here and it will be interesting to see if anything has been changed ... I have my hopes they have!
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote