Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64armt
Is there an update to this yet?

Thanks,
OJ

Ours is still in the shop, for repairs.

Lillyputz
Old 04-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #82

[QUOTE=lillyputz]
Quote:
Originally Posted by a64armt
Is there an update to this yet?

Thanks,
OJ

Ours is still in the shop, for repairs.

Lillyputz[/QUOTE

Just imagine all your cost the first year of buying and owning a redwood,just for it to spend 95% of it's time in the shop, with no end in sight.
Maybe Carnival Cruse Line's could use it as a boat anchor

Lillyputz
Old 04-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #83

We were LUCKY, the 1st year, we couldn't travel, I was being treated for APL-M3. Still in treatment. But now we can travel, at least some. Our problem was neither the SHOP who repaired nor the MANUFACTURE COMPANY supplies a check list, so without a check list there is NO QC. HENCE: bad units off the line all for the sake of speed. Who suffers, the CX. EVERY TIME YOU GO IN FOR MAINTENANCE OR TO BUY A NEW RV, ASK FOR THE CHECK LIST EVERY-TIME THEY DO ANY WORK. MAKE THEM show you the repair working or ask them to set NEW RV UP or don't accept the UNIT! I would not accept our unit until I saw it working, still missed several items. Make sure all the plumbing works, shower, HOT AND COLD RUNS FAST ENOUGH FOR U. SLIDES MOVE, AC WORKS, HEATER WORKS, FRIDGE WORKS, TV WORKS. MICROWAVE WORKS. I MISSED Several items,So don't take any RV YOU HAVE NOT SEEN EVERYTHING WORK. it will cost you time, up front, but LOOK, LOOK, LOOK. THE RV May not be IN the shop so much, when we force enough Quality Control.H A P P YC A M P I N G!

SORRY BOUT THE RANT.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #84

Been about a month since Ashley has talked about her unit on this thread.

Anyone know?

Ashley, how's it going? You out there?

Dave
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley

Our dealer is Primeaux Rv. I really don't think they're the issue. They have tried. They have to have consent from Redwood for everything and Redwood has drug their feet the whole way. I really feel like I have just been strung along and pushed to the side in hopes that maybe I would just give up. I'm extremely frustrated!
Brad what did they say was causing your trim issues and how were they resolved? If you don't mind my asking.
We too live out of our Fifth wheel because we travel countrywide for work and leisure. More for work unfortunately lol. We take excellent care of our unit. It has only been Louisiana and Texas so far so it hasn't even traveled as extensively as we do. This is a worry for me because if it's already having these types of issues then how is it going to hold up in the future? This has been an easy year we've been in the same state all year. Most years we visit 3 or more states throughout the year.
Thank you all for the kind words. I will keep you posted and I reallyÂ*want a happy outcome.
I bought mine from Primeaux as well, We had a list as well. I was told to let a few problems build up and then bring it in for the three month check up and they would take care of them. I ended up taking it before the three months due to a bad window leak during a rain storm, the window behind the recliners. Primeaux was great and repaired all but the window. Redwood would not send them one off production line and the window manafacturer couldn't keep up and had none. After a month of calling and Primeaux complaining as well they did send one off the production line. I felt like we as owners should take presidence over the orders at the factory. I was over maintenance at 32 State Buildings for 34 years and can repair these items, fact is I paid 79,000.00 for my Redwood 36FB and bought it because of the warranty, why should we repair our own units until the warranty expires.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #86

That's the second long term outlook for a windown replacement - production must be going crazy. I agree, the ones out there should get priority.

atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #87

My wife and I just last week picked up a 36RE, the a/c units are not working properly it seems? The front living room unit seems to be the most problematic? Also the thermostat on the same unit doesn't seem to even be functioning at all? Also our ice maker isn't getting water. Does this sound like a poor job at the dealership as far as pre-delivery or did we get a lemon?
Old 07-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neldou
My wife and I just last week picked up a 36RE, the a/c units are not working properly it seems? The front living room unit seems to be the most problematic? Also the thermostat on the same unit doesn't seem to even be functioning at all? Also our ice maker isn't getting water. Does this sound like a poor job at the dealership as far as pre-delivery or did we get a lemon?
Just for the record, our ice maker took a couple of days before the water reached the unit and acually started to make ice.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #89
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neldou

Sounds like a dealership issue. The water valve is under the sink, check that first. Take the cover off outside and make sure it's getting water and that its plugged in. As for the A/C. The dealer should have gone over that before delivering the unit to you.

Edited by: Dave&Ginny
Old 07-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #90

Just came on line to see what has been going on and it appears things have not changed much in the Redwood business.
Anyhow for your information, we have a 2012 36RE that we have had since
Feb. 2012 having a few miles on it.
Well, on our trip going west,last August after leaving the Redwood Factory for repairs, leaking shower, leaking bedroom slide when raining, etc, I'll stop.
Anyhow we were in North Dakota, at a stop overnight and it rained, so I had to sweep the slides off cause of puddling water and what did I find, the roof membrane was bubbling and coming loose starting at the front.
Contacted Redwood at this time, which Brian was still there then, anyhow Brian asked I could temp repair the problem, till repair could be done.
Well,when I did get repairs done, which Redwood, at factory did the repair, had to have new roof installed, at this point finding out when the air units were taken off to replace roof, the air units were not installed
properly from the get go. When installation was done originally, whom ever did not close off space between the roof and ceiling and the return air was pulling hot air from in between the attic space, instead of from inside the living quarters.
Anyhow the guys fixed this issue correctly and the units appear to working more efficient now and the heat pump even works properly, when used last winter.
So, if you can get them to check, this maybe the issue in many units, if
space is not blocked between ceiling and roof, pulling hot air from the attic space.
Trust me we are still having some issues with our unit, but slowly resolving them. Oh Yea ! our slide out covers were installed very sloppy also and finding out after reading installation paperwork, parts or supports are missing for the roller assembly on the longer slide plus there are no roller covers on none of the slide covers which paperwork calls for covers.
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #91

What Dave said about the ice maker...little valve under the sink. Our A/C never worked out of the starting gate and needed replacement. Warranty/dealer issue.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightdriver
looks to me, like way to many problems with a redwood to even think about spendingÂ*my hard earned money on a 5th wheel that will spend a lot of time in the shop or I would have to spend a lot of my retired time fixing. I'll shop else ware.
I know it does seem like a lot of problems...at the same time there are a lot of bells and whistles to maintain. If it wasn't for the great support from RW staff and all the folks on this forum, I might fell more like you.
I was down this road with another brand, although not nearly the quality.

Good luck and keep us posted!
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #93
Site Team

You gotta do what you think is best for you. However, you will not find a trouble free RV no matter how much you spend. The large majority of us have had very few problems with our Redwood coaches. With only 607 members on this forum(Many of them spammers that have only posted spam) most Redwood owners are happy campers. People with problems come here for help.

Happy hunting.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #94

This is our third RV. The first two were in the shop constantly or I was repairing something myself. Neither were Thor products and one was build by the legendary company Carriage. If you read between the lines on this forum you'll see that the company stands behind the product and is using our feedback to improve it.

Shop around if you will but you won't find a better combination of product and customer service.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #95
Site Team

There are a couple of things to consider here.....

#1 By nature, people are faster to complain then they are to compliment (I'm in the marketing business so we deal with this all the time). With that said, there isn't a high percentage of reasonable complaints about the Redwood trailers on here.

#2 anything made with the hands of a human will have problems with consistent accuracy. That's why auto maker went to robots. The RV companies that do develop a bad name usually have bad designs, engineering issues (like the frame), or bad customer service. The complaints on here have been in QC or component issues. These are the same component suppliers that all the RV manufactures use so until there becomes different component suppliers, everybody will suffer the same fate.

#3 Redwood proved itself this week with the problem that John (COLJDM). He had issues with his electrical which he wasn't happy about. Several of us gave John suggestions to solve the problem. When John called the factory he was satisfied that they were going to help figure out the problem. You must keep in mind who John is. He's a retired colonel from the Army and being so I don't think he's a patsy to make happy (no offense intended John) As I had said in #1 above, everything made by man breaks but not all RV companies give the customer service that I and many others on here have received from Redwood.

The very first time I called the factory before I got to know any of them, they treated me with great respect and expressed concern for my problems ( and that's the key to a great company). Because of this, when the new Carriage comes out I'll take a serious look at them as I will all of their products. As far as RVs are concerned I can pick apart any RV out there and if I had that attitude, I'd be better off staying away from RVs altogether. RVs are problem plagued vehicles unless they're kept stationary next to a lake somewhere. They keep getting more complex each year and more fancy yet they have to maintain a lighter weight. (most of us weigh more than we did 5 years ago but not our RVs) They shake and jump over all the roads that aren't properly maintained. Somehow we expect these castles on wheels that we drag down these less than perfect roads, to hold together like a mega ton tank.

Maybe Redwood should open a hot line for realistic expectations.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightdriver
looks to me, like way to many problems with a redwood to even think about spendingmy hard earned money on a 5th wheel that will spend a lot of time in the shop or I would have to spend a lot of my retired time fixing. I'll shop else ware.
Just based on your other posts, I think you already knew that you would be shopping else ware. Good luck with your RV, whatever it is.

PS - Absolutely love my Redwood - in spite of the tool box I need to carry to fix afew things. In fact the toolbox is getting old as I have carried on every RV I've owned for the last 40 years, before Redwood was ever on paper.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #97

Even with my coach issues. I am confident that RW will resolve all of my issues. I will be taking my 36RE to the factory for warranty repairs late August early September and I look forward to meeting the folks at RW.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #98

Nightdriver, look at your other forums out there. Whether it be Keystone, Jayco, Coachman, Neway, Heartland, and the list goes on, there is more negative than positive because that is human nature. We complain about things we have problems with or don't like more than we address the positive aspect. This is our third full time unit since I retired, and we had several units before that. They have all had problems, some minor and a couple major, but they have been taken care of. If you look for a unit where the forum is all positive, I don't think you will ever find one.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #99
Site Team

Well apparently we don't have as many complainers about Redwood as you all might think. As a moderator on the forum, I can see everybody's "I.P." address and I found 2 of the biggest complainers that have the same "I.P" address. That means that this is the same person trying to make it look like more folks are complaining about the Redwood product then there really is. I guess this mean he could have conversations with himself if he wanted to.

It's been fixed.

Edited by: Dave&Ginny
Old 07-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #100
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Well apparently we don't have as many complainers about Redwood as you all might think. As a moderator on the forum, I can see everybody's "I.P." address and I found 2 of the biggest complainers that have the same "I.P" address. That means that this is the same person trying to make it look like more folks are complaining about the Redwood product then there really is. I guess this mean he could have conversations with himself if he wanted to.

It's been fixed.

Well, I don't want to date myself, but, as Riley from "The Life of Riley" would say......"What a revolt'in development that is."

Good work. Thanks Dave for sniffing out that.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote