Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2015, 12:44 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboytoo View Post
Tracy and Shane, so happy for you that it's working out well, and you have those ahead of you to thank for that....
hopefully you won't find out the 'truths' some did.
Maybe it's very, Very few posting issues because:
1) Initially the people not having issues would dog-pile on the issue with "Mine's fine" and dismiss it.
2) After the settlements, non-disclosure agreements stop them from posting their 'truths' and that is what the mfg demands with any settlement.

How can you refute a charge if you are prevented from defending it?
I best stop now as I've lost enough time. money, vacations
JB2,

Ours is a 2013 unit. Not sure how many of those have gone ahead of us. My personal truth is that we have been very happy with our rig. I'm not going to back off from that just to align myself with those unfortunate to have had significant problems with their rig.

However, if you had watched the video, you would have seen/heard that I was the ONLY person at the open forum who spoke up on the topic of the warranty issues on behalf of those who have had problems.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:37 PM   #62

And kudo's to you for doing that as a 'preemptive' strike for you and standing up for the others !
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:56 PM   #63

Everyone benefits from constructive open conversation. I think RW's biggest failure is their disconnect from the owners. (I think there will be some movement on that soon) Where people get irate is when they get a denial without an explanation other than sorry. One thing that bothers me in some of the conversation is "We love our Redwood we had our issues fixed after we contacted Jim Lazzarino" they were wonderful. Personally I feel the GM of Redwood has better things to do than deal with Warranty issues and it's a problem when you need to go that far to be cared for.

Personally I feel Redwwod builds an Awesome RV. Some issues for some yes, a problem coach every so often probably, but all in all very good and I feel getting better. We can all help with that latter by giving feedback. Some people say its nitpicking others flat say it's nothing more than complaining about nothing but the truth is we all learn from it.
For example, the spring shackles and bolts, some have major issues, some have minor issues, some have no issues at all and some have caught an issue from this conversation before it became a big issue. For those with no issue it gives them the the spot to watch, for those with an issue it gives them the answer to fix and for Redwood it gives them the info to change. It's a win/win. I haven't seen many people complain about something that did not affect them directly.
The air conditioner distribution box fix is a big one. People with issues have gotten better service after seeing the issue and checking and fixing the loose foam, others have just checked and prevented an issue down the road and Redwood has seen it and I'll bet made a production change to stop the issue all together going forward, that is a win for all! Now what if the guy who originally found it fixed his and never said a word? Who would have benefitted?
Personally I think Redwood is on the right path and are listening, are they perfect? No, but I feel they are leaps ahead of most others in the industry kind of like high school, grading on a curve. I feel as current owners we can help them be and get nothing but better by making sure they know what their problems are and what's missing. That's my personal goal to help get them information.
Some will never be happy, some will always be happy, some just don't care and do their own thing. Some are silent, some are loud and some just speak up when ask .... But we are all RW owners and benefit from Redwood gaining knowledge and being better, they need info to do that.
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:06 PM   #64

Excellent! 200% agree! Yale you have done ALL of us a great service by caring enough to have a constructive conversation and bringing us all into it so we can all get a good look at what needs to change. Thank you!

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote