Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2015, 12:45 AM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
They changed doors last year, including the cabinet doors. The cabinet doors got better, but the main door hinges are awful.

They were actually made that way - called an anti sail hinge or something like that to prevent the door banging open or closed in a breeze. I much prefer my old one.
Thanks for the heads up on the "anti-sail" hinge(s). That's what I suspected but wasn't sure. Reference the Redwood warranty .........does anyone definitively know if there is a 1 or 2 year warranty on the new Redwoods ? When talking to the factory rep. at the Richmond Va. RV show this past Feb. (where we ordered our 2016) he stated TWO YEARS. Guess that I should give him a call.
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:46 AM   #122

It's 2. Should say it by your door. Our older one is 2+5.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 02:22 AM   #123

WOW super sorry if I was wrong about that! I was told by a factory rep that it was being lowered to one year, but that was a few months ago... I apologize for posting wrong information, and that is GOOD NEWS!!

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:46 PM   #124

The anti sail device on mine is plastic mounted on the door & other half on the wall behind the door, works great.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 05:58 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanyLife View Post
WOW super sorry if I was wrong about that! I was told by a factory rep that it was being lowered to one year, but that was a few months ago... I apologize for posting wrong information, and that is GOOD NEWS!!
Unless there is something I have heard??? I do know they transitioned from 2+5 to just the 2, which eliminated our requirement for annual inspections.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:02 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
The anti sail device on mine is plastic mounted on the door & other half on the wall behind the door, works great.
Ya I've used it that way for years, but I have to say with the Dad tool box blocked by my door, and my continuous need to get tools (to fix my daughters Chev), re-hooking that door every time is kind of a hassle and I confess I don't do it every time. As a result the wind has caught mine and has done some damage to the door by hitting the open Dad tool box door.

I can understand why Engineering looked for better answers (and it wasn't just Redwood). However, I would quickly get frustrated with the anti-sail door - if feels like a door that is not hung right and that would bug me crazy.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:03 PM   #127

I just looked on their website and Cypress and Sequoia have a 1 year and Redwood has a two year and NO 5 year on any of them. So that must be the way it is. I bet they DID plan to get rid of it and then changed their minds when they got push-back... not sure.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Old 06-07-2015, 06:07 PM   #128

Ya that probably would have been a mistake. I think it was a mistake to drop the 2+5 when Landmark and Lifestyle still has it. Not sure what the reasoning was, especially when most of their production had even reached the 3rd year. I think it was a Crossroads thing versus the original Redwood management.

I know it would be a factor I would look for if shopping again.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:09 PM   #129

Gotta be honest, with all the QC mayhem going on, if and when we decide to buy a new coach, will be looking very hard at the other brands to see what they are up to and I will be researching QC most of all!!!

Old 06-07-2015, 08:31 PM   #130

Length of warranty is NO indication of quality...
It used to be, but if you had a lifetime warranty and they did nothing to fix things when you brought it in, what good is a warranty ?
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #131

Well said JB2

Old 06-08-2015, 12:09 AM   #132

I am shopping for a new trailer. A big deal is the warranty, especially the 5 year structure. I just don't have a lot of confidence in Lippert. I am really looking hard at the landmark. 8k axles, 17.5 tires, 2+5 warranty. Problem is i still like the Redwood interior. This is going to be a very hard decision.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:27 AM   #133

The Landmarks have awesome features on the interiors tho... I don't know a lot about them yet. They do NOT have slide in a slide yet that I can see, and I don't think I can go back. It's heaven having that space in the bedroom. I bet they will soon though. Even Lance Camper said they were going to have it soon!!

One thing ALL of them need to understand (and they really don't seem to) is that there are big trucks now (Our RAM will do almost 30K) there is no need to always keep the weights so barely under the capacity of the super structure. They are selling them as "Residential" but the weight allowances don't allow you to load them like a residential unit. That's a big sticking point for us. We have to get the new suspension and brakes because we just didn't do our homework well enough and it is VERY frustrating.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:54 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Yep, works great after ours was put in the right place. The piece on the house side was mounted to low from RW. CW remounted and and filled the holes with silicon. Said if the owner did not like the way it looked they would need collision to fix it right and paint it. We did not like it. The collision side of the shopped fixed it right and painted it. Cannot tell where it used to be.

Rick
Old 06-08-2015, 03:23 AM   #135

I don't care which brand you buy IMHO there won't be a nickels worth of difference in the quality control just different problems as all manufacturers use the same components, 90% even use Lippert frames. Met a couple with a new Lifestyle & in 6 months of ownership haven't been able to get leveling jacks to stop leaking. A couple had a Landmark & constant problems with cargo door latches breaking & leaking. Take your pick & hope you get a good service dept, load lots of tools, or stay in hotels.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:11 AM   #136

Some Dealers now will "lifetime warranty" any POS they sell, so it definitely is not a demonstration of confidence from the manufacturer, rather its a marketing strategy to lure you in.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:29 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Unless there is something I have heard??? I do know they transitioned from 2+5 to just the 2, which eliminated our requirement for annual inspections.
Nope, no new changes on Redwood's end. 2 year is still in effect :-) Thanks for correcting the info!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:11 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Guy View Post
I am shopping for a new trailer. A big deal is the warranty, especially the 5 year structure. I just don't have a lot of confidence in Lippert. I am really looking hard at the landmark. 8k axles, 17.5 tires, 2+5 warranty. Problem is i still like the Redwood interior. This is going to be a very hard decision.
Hi There! I have private messaged you to see if we can answer any questions or concerns you may have on behalf of Redwood. Hopefully, we can help you feel as prepared as possible making such a huge decision!

Thanks!
Christian
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:44 AM   #139

Picked up our BRAND SPANKING NEW 2016 39MB a month ago with a few minor issue(s), one of which I took care of myself already (misaligned power reel cord access door). Still awaiting word from Redwood thru dealer for a replacement defective(broken) dining table chair & replacement defective kitchen island light. Redwood requested "DETAILED" (according to dealer) photos of the chair before they could ship the chair........... Do they actually think that I'm wasting my time fabricating a story that the chair is broken ? Why not ship the replacement chair immediately to maintain customer satisfaction ???
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:48 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
Why not ship the replacement chair immediately to maintain customer satisfaction ???
Answer = $$$$
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote