Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2015, 12:54 AM   #81

I think the T09 has a load of 3750 @ 110 psi. If that is true, you could use the 235/85R16 LR G tire. If you have to change wheels, I would go right to the 215/75R15 LR H.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:01 AM   #82

The Sendal T09 is rated for 3750 lbs @ 110 psi.

T09

The T09 is one of the wheels Redwood provided for the Load Range G tire upgrade option.

I, like Ron says, would not recommend running the tires you have.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:28 AM   #83

Our 2014 38FL came from the factory with Sendel T09 Rims and Goodyear G614 "G" Rated tires running 110 lbs. of air.
The 8 Lug T09 rims will be fine with a "G" rated tire.
If you will notice, they will de-rate the 7,000 lb. axle to around 6,800 lbs. when using a 3,420 lb. rated tire on it.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:29 AM   #84

If you're thinking of upgrading look into Goodyear H114's ( or equivalent) mounted on 171/2 rims which will fit your Redwood. Best upgrade that I ever made on my Cardinal 5er after I had a blowout & also ordered from factory as an option for my new 39MB. I ordered in the past from these folks who will sell you tire/wheel combos, mount, balance & drop ship.

http://trailertiresandwheels.com
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:43 AM   #85

I'm very surprised that your 2014 came with the "E" tires. I though RW had wised up and switched to "G" before then. Don't recall, did you order yours' or purchase off the Lot? If off the Lot, I would wonder if the Dealer did a switch for another Customer and you got what was left over.
If someone remembers when RW actually changed to "G" tires as OEM, correct me if I'm wrong.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:49 AM   #86

Michelle/Ann
Just wondering how you are liking your new 39MB so far .......ours is due to be shipped from the factory any day??
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:54 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
I'm very surprised that your 2014 came with the "E" tires. I though RW had wised up and switched to "G" before then. Don't recall, did you order yours' or purchase off the Lot? If off the Lot, I would wonder if the Dealer did a switch for another Customer and you got what was left over.
If someone remembers when RW actually changed to "G" tires as OEM, correct me if I'm wrong.
To be sure the dealer did not switch them, it will show on the label on the left front side of the trailer which tires we installed at the factory.
The label will show either "E" or "G" tires

Old 04-22-2015, 02:09 AM   #88

We've been busy making our 39MB ours. Have a couple of things to get taken care of, like a slightly crushed washer drain hose, causing the washer to think the pump is bad and faulting out. Right now our biggest problem is getting a replacement Rim. We have a Rim, not the tire, that has a pin hole is the casting causing an approx 3 to 4 pounds of air loss per day.
Other than that we love it, been a few of the usual stupid things they've done during MFR. What I didn't like was the number of broken strands I found on the main power feed when installing my Hardwired EMS, Then when pulling the jacket back to restrip the ends I find they had cut into the insulation of each wire when removing the jacket. Doesn't leave you that warm and fuzzy feeling finding things like that.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:22 AM   #89

Thanks again for all the info here! I just checked the tag and the tires are correct for what the tag lists. Not sure when RW changed but my RW was on the lot and not ordered. It was an early 14 model.
Guess I'm going tire shopping this week.

Steve
Old 04-22-2015, 02:35 AM   #90

Our 2012 36RL had Goodyear G-614's on it when we bought it used last April. Before heading to Gulf Shores, Alabama at Christmas time I knew we needed the tires replaced. 2 were worn extremely uneven and I just couldn't trust them. Had Leaf springs replaced, shackle mounts moved and the Equalizers replaced before buying the new tires. Shopped locally and got a set of 4 GY G-614's, mounted and balanced for $1485. I took them in 2 at a time and swapped them out myself. Torqued. Drove to Gulf of Mexico and back, around 1875 miles and they still look like new. They can and will handle the weight. There was another Redwood in the CG who was from Florida. He had a blow out on his 36rl and it took out his skirt metal on the kitchen slide out. His were E or F rating tires. I wouldn't be without my G's

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:56 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
Na, Redwood didn't make the change to the G tires as standard (Westlake) until well after the graphics changed, and she has the older graphics. Mine is a 2014 but was manufactured 04/13. E Marathons were standard then, with G as an option.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:16 PM   #92
Site Team

At the 2013 rally, Redwood owners were given an incredible deal if they wanted to upgrade their tires to the Good Year G tires (I think it was around $1000). Last year we brought the idea up the the new management and it was rejected. It might be worth a try to call the service center since the E tire should have never been put on the Redwoods to begin with.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:21 PM   #93

I emailed the contact that I have been dealing with for the repairs this morning and he said that he had to forward my email to customer service since they have to answer the questions. OK.. well now I expected not to get a reply anytime soon and very unexpected but I received a phone call from Tom at Crossroads around 3:30 today.
That's about the only good news.

Went in circles with him and to make a long story short they will do nothing with the tires at this point. All he kept saying is that the E rated tires were engineered for that trailer and weight in that year. I questioned him a few times on why they switched to the G rated tires on new models if there were no problems and he would not give me an answer that made any sense. All he would say is that there were no problems with the E rated tires that made them switch but most likely just a manufacturing change at Redwood. Well that was obvious but why??? No answer so now there will be a technician calling me or emailing. I wanted a print out of every spec on the E rated tires.(not that it matters) Tom said go to the Goodyear site and I said, you sold me the tires and it's your job to provide this info.
So.... not much happened but at least I called.

I also brought up the other issues we have had fixed and asked about the quality control at Redwood. We have had new ones before so I'm used to the beginning problems but since he was on the phone I asked about everything. Don't think I actually ever got the correct answer but that was expected and his best comment to me was...

"Some of the problems you have had was most likely due to it being on the dealers lot for quite a few months and Redwood refers to this as Lot Rot"

Very nice comment to tell the customer

Steve
Old 04-22-2015, 09:39 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
"Some of the problems you have had was most likely due to it being on the dealers lot for quite a few months and Redwood refers to this as Lot Rot"

Very nice comment to tell the customer"

Steve
Here ya go.....the mentality in the RV industry....

"Don’t let your RV lot rot"

Posted by affordablervsolutions@gmail.com
Use your RV, turn your RV on, keep water in the system, run your pumps, & run your generator under load at least once a month. If it rains, pull the awning out for a nice rinse. Cover your tires if you store your RV. Move the vehicle around a little bit – even if it’s for 20 min. All these things will help to keep your RV in good working order and will alert you to any potential malfunctions prior to heading out on your next trip."
Old 04-22-2015, 09:45 PM   #95

The lot rot comment wasn't good, but he is correct on the tires - they have adequate rating for your coach.

I just don't like them and won't run them or recommend them. It would have been nice if Redwood provided the LRGs as standard back then, but it certainly wasn't required, nor did many competitors provide them as standard back then.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:59 PM   #96
Site Team

Steve.....he was right about "lot rot" but I think they're making a mistake on the tires. When any RV sits (especially diesels), they seem to rot. Little things, like water lines leaking, refrigerators and furnaces either don't work or leak. I guess common use keeps the parts moving.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:31 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Na, Redwood didn't make the change to the G tires as standard (Westlake) until well after the graphics changed, and she has the older graphics. Mine is a 2014 but was manufactured 04/13. E Marathons were standard then, with G as an option.
Our 2014 was manufactured in 10/13, it came with Goodyear "G" Rated tires on it.

So the change to G's was somewhere between 4/13 and 10/13

Old 04-23-2015, 03:57 AM   #98

The RW reps were hammered really hard at the 2013 rally about the E tires (that's when they made the upgrade deal Dave mentioned) & if memory serves me they mentioned that shortly the Gs were going to be standard, so Robs time frame would be right on.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:30 PM   #99

Just for clarity,

My 11/2012 price sheet shows the G614 as options, but also G614 as standard on the 38BR, 40KB. That would indicate to me those were tipping the scales on the axles already.

Perhaps when they introduced the big 38's last year, they made the jump to G-tires as standard.

I really hope the Westlakes prove out, they would not have been my choice.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:43 PM   #100

Sure glad we got the Goodyear's before they changed to the Westlake's
Our MFG label on the left front says "G"s on the ground and "E" for a spare tire.
I looked at our spare under the trailer and it is also a "G"