Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-30-2016, 06:29 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 458
Welcome to the long list... Redwood has known about this issue since they built these units.
They SHOULD repaint at their cost... I got the front done but the back is fading really badly.
Pisses me off but showcases a substandard product for all to see... we took the factory gelcoat rather than the $10,000 paint upgrade on the first generation units.

I have a sail boat that is 35 years old and has not faded like my Redwood.
__________________
2016 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4 Dually Diesel, 2013 38BR Office config with all options and upgrades but Ceiling Fan and Ice Maker.
BradPAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:26 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
Dro67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPAjax View Post
Welcome to the long list... Redwood has known about this issue since they built these units.
They SHOULD repaint at their cost... I got the front done but the back is fading really badly.
Pisses me off but showcases a substandard product for all to see... we took the factory gelcoat rather than the $10,000 paint upgrade on the first generation units.

I have a sail boat that is 35 years old and has not faded like my Redwood.
Exactly what I told them - sure looks bad going down the road. We had planned a trip to Elkhart to get all the MorRyde upgrades in the spring. Now I'm thinking I may just trade it in. Definitely not good customer service 😡
__________________
Eddie & Toni
2 Bichons - Allie & Katie
2014 38RE
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually Duramax
Dro67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:46 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Rick and Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,431
Just to add a little info here, Redwood was not the only manufacturer experiencing the fading caps. I was able to get Redwood to paint the front cap but since my unit was undercover most of the time, the rear has not shown fading yet, but it will and it was $2,000 to get the front painted, probably that much for the back. Not sure I will want to spend that. Redwood is not going to look very good when people at the campgrounds ask about the fading and you tell them Redwood refused to make it right, when they knew of the problem.
__________________
Rick and Mindy
Retired
2013 Redwood 31SL, 2011 Ford F350 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab with Firestone Bags, Titan Disc Brakes
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:41 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
rob_fla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,659
I agree, it is not just a Redwood problem, seen the fading issues industry wide, some of the darker colors show up worse than others.
__________________
Robert & Sheryl
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:25 AM   #45
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379
Redwood might not have been the only manufacture to use this product.......the important part it that they used it. Because they chose to use this product they should stand behind it. How can you trust a company tomorrow that won't back their product today. Whats next?

I really hope they reconsider their stance on this issue
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:46 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
Dro67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 130
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
Redwood might not have been the only manufacture to use this product.......the important part it that they used it. Because they chose to use this product they should stand behind it. How can you trust a company tomorrow that won't back their product today. Whats next?

I really hope they reconsider their stance on this issue
I hope they reconsider too but I'm not counting on it. So disappointed
__________________
Eddie & Toni
2 Bichons - Allie & Katie
2014 38RE
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually Duramax
Dro67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:16 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,856
It has always been fascinating to me how immune the RV industry seems to be from lawsuits. I've never sued anyone in my life but some of these issues, Good Gawd.
__________________
2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2013 36FL
Cindy and Tom, Toby and Kasey (our Berner and Newfie)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:20 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Dro67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
It has always been fascinating to me how immune the RV industry seems to be from lawsuits. I've never sued anyone in my life but some of these issues, Good Gawd.
Has anyone on the forum ever used a local tv station's help line to solve an issue? Or maybe Trailer Life? Dallas has several stations that help consumers. Something needs to get Redwood to respond to this issue which I feel is a manufacturers responsibility that shouldn't be determined by warranty. They KNOW its bad - thats why they dont use it now!!!
__________________
Eddie & Toni
2 Bichons - Allie & Katie
2014 38RE
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually Duramax
Dro67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:49 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Rick and Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,431
I'm surprised someone hasn't considered a class action suit against all the manufacturers that have had this issue. Thor probably is the parent company for many of these brands and the suit could be filed against Thor. Maybe the other manufacturers stepped up to the plate and made their mistake right.
__________________
Rick and Mindy
Retired
2013 Redwood 31SL, 2011 Ford F350 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab with Firestone Bags, Titan Disc Brakes
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 06:31 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
I would be curious how the other manufacturers respond to it. None of them are immune, you can see the faded caps on every lot, regardless of brand.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:52 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro67 View Post
Has anyone on the forum ever used a local tv station's help line to solve an issue? Or maybe Trailer Life? Dallas has several stations that help consumers. Something needs to get Redwood to respond to this issue which I feel is a manufacturers responsibility that shouldn't be determined by warranty. They KNOW its bad - thats why they dont use it now!!!
This would be a perfect issue to send to Trailer Life. However, I'm sure they receive hundreds of requests to address various problems.
__________________
2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2013 36FL
Cindy and Tom, Toby and Kasey (our Berner and Newfie)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:18 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
Ford truck guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
I would be curious how the other manufacturers respond to it. None of them are immune, you can see the faded caps on every lot, regardless of brand.

My previous fiver had the front cap fade and it was white, it looked real chalky . .. It was a 2008 KZ Montego Bay, I had the local body shop bring it back to life for me... it was a day in the shop. At that point I knew the next trailer would have a PAINTED and CLEAR COATED front cap..
__________________
2020 F-350
2020 3991RD with-
17.5 Goodyear 114's , Titan Disc brakes, MorRyde 8K IS, Onan 6.5..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×