Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2018, 04:23 AM   #1

Roof coax entry points

I have a 2014 36FB. on the roof are 2 coax entry points. Do I use both at same time to put satellite to BR & LR? Or how do I get to both from one point?
mstreeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:34 PM   #2

Are you installing a rooftop winegard?
rickc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:45 AM   #3

I have a tailgater that I plan to use.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:02 PM   #4

Unless you’re planning on putting the tailgater on the roof I would use the “satellite “ terminals in the utility bay
rickc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:08 PM   #5

I have been using them but I have been thinking about mounting it on the roof. We currently see the shows in the LR but not the BR. Have not figured out why.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:28 PM   #6

mstreeter,

The reason why is that the coax connection you are using is a single run to the living room. There is a second coax run to the bedroom. This is true from your convenience center as well as the roof. They are direct runs as required by the satellite technology.

Satellite connections must be direct runs and cannot contain splitters so you can only feed one room or another with the portable dish. Tripod or roof mounts have the capability of multiple feeds.

Some of the newer portables have 2 coax outputs but the only have the ability to access one satellite at a time. This is due to the size of the antenna and software used to latch on to the satellites. You would need a second receiver in the bedroom.

Bottom line is with your current configuration, it's one antenna, one TV. Hope that helps.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:28 PM   #7

My '13 FB has a satellite splitter in the ceiling light to the right above the bedroom tv that splits to the garage connection.
I didn't check it as I don't use satellite, but there's also a splitter for antenna/cable there also that was hooked up incorrectly, they had the incoming cable on one of the outgoing spots which gave us a great signal in the bedroom & nearly none in the living room.
IIRC the antenna/cable went to the booster from there to the splitter in the ceiling & from there to the bedroom, living room & garage connections.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote