Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2020, 11:14 PM   #1

Replacement Hydraulic Ram for Slide

Hi All,

We're new to the forum and new to RVing but very handy. We purchased a 2014 RW36F14 from a couple that used it as a vacation getaway when they flew down to South Florida. It's rarely been towed and has sat with the slides open. It appears pitting on hydraulic ram has set in on the shaft of the dinette slide and doubtful that rebuilding it will be worth while. I've yet to pull the veneer off the bottom camper to further investigate but am leaning towards a new ram as we're about to set off on a 3 month adventure.

Anyone know what hydraulic ram they used on this model and slide?

TIA for you assistance!
Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Redwood dinette ram.jpg (116.7 KB, 24 views)
Stopha311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 02:07 AM   #2

After you remove the bellypan, you will have to order from LCI by specifying the length and color of your current RAM.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 10:04 PM   #3

There is a number on the side of the cylinder that you can use to purchase a new one from Lippert Components or Trekwood RV. There is also procedure that needs to be followed for replacing the cylinder to prevent air from getting into the lines. The procedure sheet is available on Lippert's website by searching for "replacing a slide-out cylinder". Jobs not too tough. I cut a nice neat access panel out of the belly pan large enough to access and replace both cylinders. Then after I was done I put 1" x 4" pine board above the cut and screwed both sides with plenty of small pan head drill screws. With this method you don't need any tape and can easily remove the patch for service or inspection. Hook it up to your truck and cycle the slides and leveling legs a few times to get any air out of the lines and top off the oil level when done.
Old 08-19-2020, 04:11 AM   #4

Slide hydraulic install went well

Thanks all, quick update. I called lci as we didn’t have any model or part numbers on the hydraulic actuator. They need the port to port length, the color of the actuator and the length overall.

Actuators were reasonable $587 with overnight shipping and install took about an 90mins with bleeding the system. Getting to and closing up the belly without cutting took the longest.
Stopha311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:39 PM   #5

Thanks for the update. It will help others in the future