RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-20-2014, 12:08 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
rcflame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 619
I don't use the extended warranty. Had it on a 5th wheel we bought 3 units ago and had it for a couple years. Came to the conclusion that if I had saved the money it cost, I would have been money ahead. With the last 2 campers, we didn't have it, and came out ahead. I say it is just like gambling. You are betting you will need it, and they are betting you don't. They are like the house, and the odds are in their favor. I don't take the extended warranty on anything I buy.
__________________
Roger & Cheryl Full Time since 2002, RVing since 1975 2008 Chevy 3500 Crew Cab Dually, 2012 RW 36RL
rcflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:16 AM   #22
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflame View Post
I don't use the extended warranty. Had it on a 5th wheel we bought 3 units ago and had it for a couple years. Came to the conclusion that if I had saved the money it cost, I would have been money ahead. With the last 2 campers, we didn't have it, and came out ahead. I say it is just like gambling. You are betting you will need it, and they are betting you don't. They are like the house, and the odds are in their favor. I don't take the extended warranty on anything I buy.

I feel the same way. If I have troubles on the road I can't fix....I'll call a tow truck. I've never been too impressed with the extended warranties.
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:20 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
I personally would not accept the Vesta and insist on the factory drawer type Redwood uses.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:22 AM   #24
Traveling
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 910
The Fisher Paykel is an EXCELLENT high end dishwasher. I agree witb AA
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:38 AM   #25
S&K
Senior Member
 
S&K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
The Fisher Paykel is an EXCELLENT high end dishwasher. I agree witb AA
I do my fair share of hand washing dishes (because I'm a fantastic cook and make plenty of dirty dishes!) but the best investment for me was the install of the Fisher Paykel dishwasher. I use our dishwasher all the time at home (note: lazy) and for sure, have used it in the RW. It does a good job and I highly recommend it.
__________________

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:40 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
JohnEileen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 326
What does Redwood use? Since we have the full door in our RW the Vista is supposed to fit behind that door. They said it is larger and the RW brand would be a lot more money. They are already charging us 800.00 for the Vista which is according to what we've seen a 400.00 unit.
__________________
John & Eileen
2013 Redwood 36RL 2013 Ford 350 Diesel Lariat
Pittsboro, IN
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:43 AM   #27
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEileen View Post
What does Redwood use? Since we have the full door in our RW the Vista is supposed to fit behind that door. They said it is larger and the RW brand would be a lot more money. They are already charging us 800.00 for the Vista which is according to what we've seen a 400.00 unit.

I paid more than that for mine from the factory. But I don't remember the brand name. I think it was a European name .
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:47 AM   #28
S&K
Senior Member
 
S&K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 295
Ours originally came with the full door, like you described, but we had the dealership install the original factory unit. There were extra 'above' doors that had to be installed, to finish up the look.
__________________

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:33 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Oriana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,257
Don't know anything about Vista, haven't heard of them before, but the Fisher-Paykal installed at the factory is excellent.

My initial thought being that it's tiny, but it actually does well for 2 people. We put it on once a day. It also uses minimal water - probably about the same, or even a bit less than washing and rinsing dishes by hand.
__________________

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:02 AM   #30
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriana View Post
Don't know anything about Vista, haven't heard of them before, but the Fisher-Paykal installed at the factory is excellent.

My initial thought being that it's tiny, but it actually does well for 2 people. We put it on once a day. It also uses minimal water - probably about the same, or even a bit less than washing and rinsing dishes by hand.
X2 on the Fisher-Paykal. Good little machine
__________________
2014 RW36RL chasing a 2013 3500 Duramax
Rod & Gale from Calgary,Alberta,Canada
RedwoodRebelYYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:52 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Jim & Mary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 684
Anyone installed the Fisher/Paykel dishwasher themselves?
__________________


Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:43 PM   #32
lwg
Senior Member
 
lwg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Mary View Post
Anyone installed the Fisher/Paykel dishwasher themselves?
Love ours as well, use it probably once a day.

While I didn't install ours it didn't initially come with it, it was a last minute add before the unit left the factory. I bet it's not difficult. Power is probably there on all of the coaches and your just tapping into the water and drain lines.

I even bet there's a YouTube video out there somewhere of one being installed. They've got videos for everything now.
__________________
2014 Redwood 38BR, Fulltiming
2013 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L 4x4 SRW, B&W Companion Hitch, Air Bags
lwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
The physical install of the dishwasher itself is pretty easy I believe, its getting the modified cabinet parts that would be troublesome. Shorter cabinet doors in front of the sink, extended shelf, and some trim.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×