Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2020, 09:04 PM   #1

Leveling System

I have the LCI auto level-up system and I'm wondering if I can raise the front jacks independently in manual mode in order to put taller blocks under them? If not, do the rear and middle jacks support the unit enough to manually raise the front without being hitched to a tow vehicle?
rjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjack View Post
I have the LCI auto level-up system and I'm wondering if I can raise the front jacks independently in manual mode in order to put taller blocks under them? If not, do the rear and middle jacks support the unit enough to manually raise the front without being hitched to a tow vehicle?
NO!!!!
DO NOT try this!
Hook up to the truck BEFORE raising the front "landing gear" or use sufficientently rated bottle jacks or jack stands to support the front.
This system is sufficient to raise the wheels off the ground by using right/left buttons in manual mode for bearing/tire maintenance, but there's too much weight in front of the axles to use the mid/rear jacks to raise the front end.
Mine actually sat for 4 days with no tires/wheels on the 6 level up jacks while waiting on new brake backing plates.
Just in case, if by chance you have the kingpin tripod to help stabilize the front, DO NOT attempt to raise the front jacks placing the weight on that tripod, it could/would get ugly.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:02 PM   #3

Thanks Texas. I don't have an appropriate tow vehicle of my own to hook up to as the unit was towed out to a permanent site for me, but appreciate the quick response. I had thought about the bottle jacks at the front and might explore that a bit more as the front jacks are extended quite a ways with the grade slope and we get the notorious popping/cracking all the time plus a little extra trailer sway (although not too bad) and it would be great to get some extra blocking to reduce the jack extension and add some of the hydraulic fluid additive to reduce the popping with the jacks raised.

Thanks again!
rjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 07:23 PM   #4

Another option is to place wood blocks right behind the front jacks on the frame to support the weight then raise front jacks and then add blocks and then lower jacks back down. I have done this on a friends rig in a similar situation as you have.