Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2020, 03:23 AM   #1

Cable/Wire Routing Question

Hi, new member here, happy to be part of the group!

I am getting line of sight ground internet hooked up next week (a dish connects to a tower instead of a satellite for the signal) and I'll need to run cable from the dish mounted on a pole outside to inside the coach and wondering if anyone has done something similar, and if so, what is the best route to run a cable neatly inside? I've heard of folks temporarily going through the slide weatherstripping, but was hoping of a more permanent solution like routing up a (hopefully) accessible existing cable harness to the inside?

Also, I have the built in inverter and was wondering if it only powers the outlet for the residential fridge, as I've heard it was designed to only really power the fridge and not much else? Wondering as I was planning on powering the internet router off the inverter as well (only draws 4 watts, but AC) and not sure if it has to be plugged into the same outlet as the fridge?

Thanks in advance for any help!

RJ
rjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:41 PM   #2

I would suggest see if there was a different internet router that doenst need AC, If your dry camping . I guess if you change the turn-on point for your inverter you could get the AC power from the frig outlet . If I recall you can set it for higher wattage on idle before the main section of the inverter turns on. It does this to conserve power in the battery bank. look up in your Inverter manual on what level the "controls ramp up" the power output.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:04 PM   #3

Thanks Mark. I didnt see that option in the manual for the Magnum CSW1012 but will look around to see if I can play with the idle wattages. Sounds as though the one outlet is all that is powered by the inverter though? (as opposed to say all GFCI outlets in the rig?)

I'm actually at a permanent site, so the wire routing will be fixed and the trailer not moving for years.

Does anyone have any experience with routing wires into the interior (kitchen area) from the front battery bank?
rjack is offline   Reply With Quote