Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2021, 04:51 PM   #1

Inverter removal

I have a friend with a bad inverter on a 2016 3901 mb that is tied down permanently. He has a residential fridge and doesn’t want to replace his inverter. I am thinking of just connecting the 110v line that runs to the converter with the 110V line that comes out of the converter to power the fridge and eliminate the inverter and the batteries since the coach is always connected to shore power and never has the slides brought in. I was wondering if anyone has done this? I believe that the 12v for the lights comes from the converter so that should remain working using shore power.
Cheezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 01:08 AM   #2

depends on how the dealer set up the Inverter. I have a 12dvc coming from the Magnum but the breaker for the distribution panel is off for the AC/DC converter that in the brown plastic box with the AC power in the kitchen. The Magnum was capable of float, bulk and equalize for flooded and AGM battery charging profiles, the progressive didn't have any options for battery types.

As far as the inverter all you would need to do is splice the feed through at the inverter and remove the fuse in the front basement on the 12vdc. I would NOT go without a battery , even just a group 24 is all you need.
Old 12-08-2021, 12:05 PM   #3

Thanks for the response. I removed the cover from the inverter’s wiring compartment and it contained three 110v lead's and the inverter wires. One was the incoming 110v from shore power through a breaker in the electrical box. The others were outputting 110v to the converter and the 110v to the refrigerator . The batteries were charging off the inverter and are no longer needed. I connected the three together so the 110v is supplied from shore power to the fridge and converter which produces the 12v for the lights etc. I just left the inverter wires disconnected and all is fine. No need for the batteries or an inverter.
Cheezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote