Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2016, 02:35 AM   #1

Dryer Vent Question

After purchasing a Splendide combo unit about a year ago we found out we don't like it so have purchased separate units and I want to vent outside this time.
I can locate the wall studs but is there any exact place RW specifies for the vent location?

Another question is has anyone run the vent out the roof so we don't have to look at the vent on the wall?

The splendide combo is for sale if anyone is interested.

Steve
Old 08-21-2016, 02:02 PM   #2

Steve,
This is how the vent looks after it was completed. The vents come in 3 different colors chrome, unpainted and black.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (182.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 08-21-2016, 02:56 PM   #3
Site Team

Steve - if you call out to the service center they may be able to send you an engineering drawing of the stud placement. I know in the RL there are nostuds behind the area where the dryer goes. Also no wiring, you can place vent wherever it needs to be.
Don't know what you wind up with for washer and dryer but when I cut the hole for ours we went to Walmart and got a piece of foam core poster board. After the shelf was made and dryer ready to go in we taped the board to the back wall, shoved the dryer in fairly hard, and it left a perfect ring on the poster board where the vent outlet was. Took a small square, found center of the hole, drilled through till the pilot bit broke the outer surface. Went outside, covered about a 6x6" area in masking tape and then drilled with the hole saw again from the outside. Worked perfect.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:26 PM   #4

Steve has a FL Floor Plan like my Redwood, so the Washer / Dryer is mid coach over the axles and the dryer vent location is just in front of the rear entry door.

Part of my negotiated deal with the dealer was to move my Washer / Dryer from my SOB Trade to my Redwood.

I did not watch when the Dealer cut the dryer vent hole in my Redwood but they lined it up perfect to the dryer vent connection.

Sounds like between the Residential Refrigerator install and the Washer / Dryer install, Steve is going to be real busy getting ready for their trip to Florida.

I have debated changing out my Never Cold Regenerator for a Residential unit but for the time being, my Never Cold is working ok.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:06 PM   #5

Thanks for all the info guys. Just ordered the vent and should have them installed next weekend.

Steve
Old 08-21-2016, 09:23 PM   #6
Site Team

Get a couple of strong, younger weightlifter types to do the "grunt" work !! Even with the doors off (yes, they've got to come off of both units), they are heavy puppies. Within 12 lbs of each other but in any case, a bit over 200 lbs frig.