Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2023, 05:38 PM   #1

Dexter oil bath hubs

OK, so I just ran across these and compaired to the old fashion way of lubing wheel bearings they seem to be sooo much easier. So the question I have is that most 5th wheel manuals state you should service the wheel bearings annually. With these Dexter oil bath hubs you drain the oil and replace it with fresh oil, no taking everything apart. Opinions? I would think at some point you would need to take things apart to check and ensure yout wheel bearings are OK, and not falling apart. Curious to hear about these.
Thanks
2015 Polaris RZR 900
danrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 01:03 AM   #2

most will have the opinion if they are checked very often (no hub covers and daily) and you travel often (almost weekly) then yes they are a good idea. However most RV sit and never get checked thats why the OEM's stay away from oil filled hubs on RV's. Every commercial truck that has 8000 lb + front axle has oil hubs you never see them on the side of the road with burned up bearings.