Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2023, 03:09 AM   #1

Updating software on in command system

I have a question regarding updating my software for my I. Command system. I contacted the company called ASA electronics regarding my software update. They sent me a link to download the update to a Flashdrive but I cannot get the Flashdrive into the USB slot under the in command system because there is not enough room to insert it. I did not know about updating the software until yesterday, so my software is
Really outdated. If I had updated iit over the last 2 years then I would be able to download the software of the air using WI-FI, but because the version I have is so old , I cannot do this.
I have a 2021 Redwood 4001lk.
Does anyone have any advice as to how I can update my software???
Purplepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 06:03 AM   #2

If it is the length of the usb stick that is too long, they do make them in a variety of lengths. Or a usb extension cord that’s female one end and male one end which may be a shorter end that might fit.
Nedshred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 01:12 PM   #3

Not knowing which version of the In Command system is installed in your RW, would you provide a few pictures of this so we can see where the usb port is? Most of these type of controllers are meant to be removed from their frame or case in order to allow for updates via the flash drive in the usb port.

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 02:04 PM   #4

Thank you. Yesterday, I did find a small flash drive on Amazon that looks like I will be able to insert it into the small space. Fingers cross that it will work.
If this doesn’t work, I will take a picture of the in Command unit and post it in this thread.
Old 04-22-2023, 05:39 PM   #5

Easy Update

I too have a 2020 4001LK and have done all the updates in several ways. Either connect to a wifi source or download to a blank thumb drive. I use a thumb drive that is only an inch tall then download from the ASA Electronics page at: https://in-command.net/in-command-w-global-connect/ there is actually a newer BCM update that they have yet to post on the page yet for some reason but is available over the air. We use our Winegard Connect 2.0 antenna with an AT&T Business Unlimited Data SIM card for internet (which as been great by the way) but you can use a hotspot, your phone, or the campground to connect your INCommand to the internet and it will update automatically and/or with your prompting in the Settingins menus. These updates did fix several HVAC issues and system freezes. Let me know if you need any help!
webberwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 03:44 AM   #6

I updated my software successfully today. �� Just curious, what types of issues were you having with the HVAC?
Old 04-23-2023, 03:46 AM   #7

Do you use your hotspot for the Global Connect? My next step was going to set the Global Connect up.
Old 04-23-2023, 02:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepoodle View Post
Do you use your hotspot for the Global Connect? My next step was going to set the Global Connect up.
When I get to the campground and get set up I link up the Global Connect to MY hotspot.. That is how I do all of my updates, via the wifi.
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 06:16 PM   #9

I will try that.
Thank you
Old 04-23-2023, 07:19 PM   #10

iNCommand Updates

With the original iNCommand software load the HVAC controllers would lose sync with the INCommand main computer and you would see no temperatures on your iNCommand panel. To fix this you had to disconnect shore power and battery power for at least 30 seconds to get everything to reset ... just rebooting your iNCommand was not enough. These newer updates fixed that and we have not had an HVAC system freeze in over 2-years with the updates completed. They just released a new BCM update over the air but have not posted this to their webpage yet for some reason. We leave our Winegard Connect on full time as a 4G wifi hotspot so the iNCommand stays logged in all the time. We also connect a laptop, tablet, and two cell phones to the Winegard so it works really well. One tip to remember when you do the updates either with a USB stick or over wifi then run a screen calibration in the settings menus to do one last final reboot of the iNCommand system.
webberwj is offline   Reply With Quote