Old 02-15-2015, 09:53 PM   #1

Smile Customer Service/Warranty

Not sure where this should go...
I think as a society we are all very quick to complain. I do not, however, think we are as faithful to make positive comments. So…

I think a short history would be helpful. We purchased our 2014 Redwood in December 2013. In the 13 months, we have had our microwave repaired, multiple LED lights replaced, the outside faucet replaced, the seals on our slides had to be completely replaced, we only had electricity to half of our 5th wheel—so a transfer switch was replaced, the ladder was usable, the solid surface stove cover broke in half and the slide awning would not work, so a new motor was put in. Both of our propane tanks are out of date and being replaced. Then in the last 2 weeks the awning started “catching” again, additionally the brakes had to be replaced on all 4 wheels; then the last straw… our front door lock broke again (this lock was just replaced 4 months ago).
Based on the previous paragraph I am sure you can imagine the level of frustration and stress we were feeling. I’m not sure what the proper “protocol” is for warranty work. But, when we have an issue; we start with the customer service at CrossRoads/Redwood. With EVERY repair issue above, they were able to either get us the parts we needed or make sure the Tech doing the work had what they needed to make the repair.

We wanted to take the time to publicly say “Thank You” to the men and women involved in helping us get resolution. We appreciate their time, their work and doing whatever possible to get our home back.
Loving Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:13 PM   #2
Site Team

Well said and thank you for that positive feed back.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:32 PM   #3

Bravo!!!

First, It's too bad you have had problems with your rig but I'm very happy to hear of the positive resolutions!! Good customer relations are hard to find today, Redwood typically does the right thing but unfortunately we seldom hear about all those incidents, we only hear about the horror stories.

Thank you for sharing your positive experiences with both Redwood and your dealer.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:36 PM   #4

I can honestly say, with all the issues we have had, Redwood stepped up to the plate and solved them. It may have taken some time and several e-mails and phone calls but the repairs were made. I too, say thank you Redwood!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:49 PM   #5

We haven't had near that many issues, but we have always been taken care of by Redwood. Congrats on your success in getting resolution!
Old 02-15-2015, 11:13 PM   #6

We were very frustrated with the number of issues we have had. We are just so thankful it has cost us time and energy--but not much money. Hopefully this is the end of our problems with it.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:25 AM   #7

I have to ask: You mean that 12 year old Propane Tanks were installed in your RW????
2011 Chevy 3500HD Ext Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" GY114s w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:56 AM   #8

propane tanks

Yep, the propane tank date was 2002. RW said they would not have put expired tanks in and they directed me to the dealer. I called dealer, they didn't sound surprised at all. Said they would give us new ones when we get back to Colorado. Just curious. .. how did you know 12 years old?
Old 02-16-2015, 12:59 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving Life View Post
Yep, the propane tank date was 2002. RW said they would not have put expired tanks in and they directed me to the dealer. I called dealer, they didn't sound surprised at all. Said they would give us new ones when we get back to Colorado. Just curious. .. how did you know 12 years old?

Sounds like your dealer was trying to get rid of some older tanks
Old 02-16-2015, 04:00 PM   #10

Since there is no letter stamped on the tanks, they are good for 12 years between inspections.