Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2015, 09:53 PM   #1

Smile Customer Service/Warranty

Not sure where this should go...
I think as a society we are all very quick to complain. I do not, however, think we are as faithful to make positive comments. So…

I think a short history would be helpful. We purchased our 2014 Redwood in December 2013. In the 13 months, we have had our microwave repaired, multiple LED lights replaced, the outside faucet replaced, the seals on our slides had to be completely replaced, we only had electricity to half of our 5th wheel—so a transfer switch was replaced, the ladder was usable, the solid surface stove cover broke in half and the slide awning would not work, so a new motor was put in. Both of our propane tanks are out of date and being replaced. Then in the last 2 weeks the awning started “catching” again, additionally the brakes had to be replaced on all 4 wheels; then the last straw… our front door lock broke again (this lock was just replaced 4 months ago).
Based on the previous paragraph I am sure you can imagine the level of frustration and stress we were feeling. I’m not sure what the proper “protocol” is for warranty work. But, when we have an issue; we start with the customer service at CrossRoads/Redwood. With EVERY repair issue above, they were able to either get us the parts we needed or make sure the Tech doing the work had what they needed to make the repair.

We wanted to take the time to publicly say “Thank You” to the men and women involved in helping us get resolution. We appreciate their time, their work and doing whatever possible to get our home back.
Loving Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:13 PM   #2
Site Team

Well said and thank you for that positive feed back.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:32 PM   #3

Bravo!!!

First, It's too bad you have had problems with your rig but I'm very happy to hear of the positive resolutions!! Good customer relations are hard to find today, Redwood typically does the right thing but unfortunately we seldom hear about all those incidents, we only hear about the horror stories.

Thank you for sharing your positive experiences with both Redwood and your dealer.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:36 PM   #4

I can honestly say, with all the issues we have had, Redwood stepped up to the plate and solved them. It may have taken some time and several e-mails and phone calls but the repairs were made. I too, say thank you Redwood!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:49 PM   #5

We haven't had near that many issues, but we have always been taken care of by Redwood. Congrats on your success in getting resolution!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:13 PM   #6

We were very frustrated with the number of issues we have had. We are just so thankful it has cost us time and energy--but not much money. Hopefully this is the end of our problems with it.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:25 AM   #7

I have to ask: You mean that 12 year old Propane Tanks were installed in your RW????
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:56 AM   #8

propane tanks

Yep, the propane tank date was 2002. RW said they would not have put expired tanks in and they directed me to the dealer. I called dealer, they didn't sound surprised at all. Said they would give us new ones when we get back to Colorado. Just curious. .. how did you know 12 years old?
Old 02-16-2015, 12:59 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving Life View Post
Yep, the propane tank date was 2002. RW said they would not have put expired tanks in and they directed me to the dealer. I called dealer, they didn't sound surprised at all. Said they would give us new ones when we get back to Colorado. Just curious. .. how did you know 12 years old?

Sounds like your dealer was trying to get rid of some older tanks
Old 02-16-2015, 04:00 PM   #10

Since there is no letter stamped on the tanks, they are good for 12 years between inspections.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:16 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to shepcody
I am a retired RV tech with 30 years working at a family owned dealership south of Boston MA. My wife and I ordered a 2013 34SK. Stored at Hilton Head Island SC. (wish we were there now) Unit has been outstanding for us. One problem with the kit light. Crossroads sent me a new one within a week. I hate to see or hear of the problems some people have. A lot of them should not have happened. Have had three Holiday Rambers in the past 15 years and they can have problems too. Still pleased with our unit and not with the dealership I bought from!
Old 02-16-2015, 05:43 PM   #12

Sure sounds like someone at the Dealership changed tanks to make a sale on a used unit. I have several 20 Lb tanks used for the grill that are approaching their 12th year and recently asked a Propane Dealer what the re-certification involved. Was told as long as it wasn't rusty and still looked decent, no problem.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
Old 02-16-2015, 05:50 PM   #13

As far as the 20 lb tanks for grills and things, when they get too old I just exchange them for about $2 more than getting them filled. That way I have a tested and newer dated tank than what I turned in. I don't need to do the hydrostatic pressure test and re stamp the new date on my dime. Places around here have the 24 hour self service vending machines. You put yours in and take a newer one out. Simple

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:09 AM   #14

Make sure when you get those new tanks that you take off the plastic wrapper... saw lots of them at Costco last Fall. Guy filling tanks said that was most of their business... no one takes off the plastic, rust builds up under it in a few months and your brand new tank is NFG when you go for a refill!
Old 02-20-2015, 01:38 PM   #15

I have a 2014 38gk. Does anyone know if there is a propane guage to let us know if we need to fill our tanks and if not, has anyone added something to make it easy to tell when to fill.
danmeeks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:11 PM   #16

There are numerous items on the Market, just not sure how good they are. Google Propane Tank Gauge and see what pops up
Old 02-20-2015, 05:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmeeks2 View Post
I have a 2014 38gk. Does anyone know if there is a propane guage to let us know if we need to fill our tanks and if not, has anyone added something to make it easy to tell when to fill.
There are no gauges or other devices on the coach. Your either do the feel test of buy an aftermarket gauge.

I just lift mine periodically to feel how heavy they are...you learn to know when the tanks are getting low.

Some only leave the active tank valve open, when they run out of gas they manually switch.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:19 PM   #18

I keep both tanks open and check the drivers side regulator when I think one tank is getting low. The indicator switches to red when the tank your feeding from becomes empty. Simply through the switch to the other tank and fill the empty.

Biggest key is to check them otherwise you could drain both tanks. I rarely use the gas furnace or water heater so my tanks last quite a while.
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:05 PM   #19

Forgot about the indicator on the regulator...dont know about you but I have a difficult time reading it, they really did a poor job with the placement, it's very hard to see it!!
Old 02-20-2015, 08:58 PM   #20

Chuck you're just getting old and need glasses! lol I do agree with you though, it is difficult to see. Hope you're not getting to cold in the Florida weather.
usaf1949 is offline   Reply With Quote