Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-14-2016, 09:14 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,851
Roof protectant

So I'm confused... please, no laughing.

I've heard folks say that the only thing needed to keep an Alpha Systems roof membrane in good shape is periodic cleaning. If you go to the Dicor site, they recommend a UV sealer of some type.

Who's correct?
__________________
2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2013 36FL
Cindy and Tom, Toby and Kasey (our Berner and Newfie)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:45 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Rick and Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
So I'm confused... please, no laughing.

I've heard folks say that the only thing needed to keep an Alpha Systems roof membrane in good shape is periodic cleaning. If you go to the Dicor site, they recommend a UV sealer of some type.

Who's correct?
OK, first of all, Dicor is not the site you need to go to. You need to go to the Alpha Systems site and it will provide you with the info for your Alpha Ply roof. They have info on how to maintain, what caulk to use and how to repair the Alpha Ply roof. You do not need to put a sealer on the roof, just periodic cleaning . I will try to look the site up and post here. Once you access it, save it in your favorites list for future ref.
__________________
Rick and Mindy
Retired
2013 Redwood 31SL, 2011 Ford F350 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab with Firestone Bags, Titan Disc Brakes
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:22 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,851
Are all model years' roofs the Alpha System? There is nothing in my paperwork that verifies roof manufacturer. In addition, I'm under the impression that an Alpha roof has a tell-tale dimple design on the surface. Mine does not, but it certainly doesn't have the smoothness of an EPDM roof.
__________________
2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2013 36FL
Cindy and Tom, Toby and Kasey (our Berner and Newfie)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:41 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Rick and Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,375
Sorry for possibly sending you on a wild goose chase. I just attempted to get the website for Alpha Systems LLC for you and apparently the site no longer gives much info. The alpha ply roof my 2013 31SL has on it has now been replaced by a Superflex material. Not sure the difference but when you click on that, not any real info on maintenance. Shortly after my purchase I went to their site and copied all pertinent info on the Alpha Ply roofing. I tried to scan to my computer so I could send it to you but my printer decided it doesn't want to scan at this time. Basically, it says clean 3-4 times per year and they recommend using non-abrasive household cleaners such as Top Job or Spic-N-Span and a medium-bristled scrub brush. Do NOT use any harsh or highly abrasive products.After cleaning be sure to rinse the roof and sidewalls thoroughly to remove soap residue and prevent streaking. DO NOT USE ACETONE, OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS CONTAINING PETROLEUM DISTILLATES, ON THE ALPHA SYSTEMS ROOF MEMBRANE. USEOF THESE PRODUCTS WILLDAMAGE THE MEMBRANE. It does not require periodic application of products to protect it from ultra-violet light or ozone. In fact, these products can often cause damage to the roof membrane.

Hope this helps

Rick
__________________
Rick and Mindy
Retired
2013 Redwood 31SL, 2011 Ford F350 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab with Firestone Bags, Titan Disc Brakes
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:22 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
Are all model years' roofs the Alpha System? There is nothing in my paperwork that verifies roof manufacturer. In addition, I'm under the impression that an Alpha roof has a tell-tale dimple design on the surface. Mine does not, but it certainly doesn't have the smoothness of an EPDM roof.
Mine does have a kind of dimple in the texture, and it seems a bit harder than prior RV roofs I've had.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:09 AM   #6
Site Team
 
hoosierguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
Sorry for possibly sending you on a wild goose chase. I just attempted to get the website for Alpha Systems LLC for you and apparently the site no longer gives much info. The alpha ply roof my 2013 31SL has on it has now been replaced by a Superflex material. Not sure the difference but when you click on that, not any real info on maintenance. Shortly after my purchase I went to their site and copied all pertinent info on the Alpha Ply roofing. I tried to scan to my computer so I could send it to you but my printer decided it doesn't want to scan at this time. Basically, it says clean 3-4 times per year and they recommend using non-abrasive household cleaners such as Top Job or Spic-N-Span and a medium-bristled scrub brush. Do NOT use any harsh or highly abrasive products.After cleaning be sure to rinse the roof and sidewalls thoroughly to remove soap residue and prevent streaking. DO NOT USE ACETONE, OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS CONTAINING PETROLEUM DISTILLATES, ON THE ALPHA SYSTEMS ROOF MEMBRANE. USEOF THESE PRODUCTS WILLDAMAGE THE MEMBRANE. It does not require periodic application of products to protect it from ultra-violet light or ozone. In fact, these products can often cause damage to the roof membrane.

Hope this helps

Rick

Try this link:

Product Care & Warranty - Alpha Systems, LLC


Hope this helps.
__________________
Guy & Phyllis
2012 RW36RL,DualA/C,KodiakDiskBrakes,TrailAir Tri-Glide,GY_G614's,Mor/RydeSRE4000,HDShackles/WetBolts
2011Dodge3500Laramie,CrewCab,4x4,SRW,Michelins, LongBed,6.7LCTD,3.73,PullRiteSuper5th20.5KHitch, BlueOxBedsaver

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:13 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Rick and Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
Try this link:

Product Care & Warranty - Alpha Systems, LLC


Hope this helps.
Originally, that is where my info came from, but when I went to it today and clicked on the items listed they come up as an error and not available. Try it and see if it works for you. Maybe it's just my computer.
__________________
Rick and Mindy
Retired
2013 Redwood 31SL, 2011 Ford F350 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab with Firestone Bags, Titan Disc Brakes
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:10 AM   #8
Site Team
 
hoosierguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
Originally, that is where my info came from, but when I went to it today and clicked on the items listed they come up as an error and not available. Try it and see if it works for you. Maybe it's just my computer.

I just tried all of the links there. All of them opened except the top link. I was able to save each document that opened.
__________________
Guy & Phyllis
2012 RW36RL,DualA/C,KodiakDiskBrakes,TrailAir Tri-Glide,GY_G614's,Mor/RydeSRE4000,HDShackles/WetBolts
2011Dodge3500Laramie,CrewCab,4x4,SRW,Michelins, LongBed,6.7LCTD,3.73,PullRiteSuper5th20.5KHitch, BlueOxBedsaver

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:50 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Rick and Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
I just tried all of the links there. All of them opened except the top link. I was able to save each document that opened.
OK, well maybe it will work for others as well. I just tried again and it comes as an error. I've already copied documents long ago so I'm good. I hope the link you posted works for everyone else. It's good info.
__________________
Rick and Mindy
Retired
2013 Redwood 31SL, 2011 Ford F350 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab with Firestone Bags, Titan Disc Brakes
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:45 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,851
Unfortunately, that link doesn't work for me and I tried to access the info using two different computers. Don't know what's going on but thanks for the cleaning info.
__________________
2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2013 36FL
Cindy and Tom, Toby and Kasey (our Berner and Newfie)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.