Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #1

I've found it helpful to download PDF user manuals to my iPad. The online manuals are usually better than those printed ones that come with the trailer. This helped when we had to recently re-program our level up system.

There is an inexpensive iPad PDF app that you can use to store all your PDF manuals on your iPad. You can also store other PDF documents which is great when on the road.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #2

Thanks Bill.

Do you have helper springs air bags on your truck? Do they make the ride in the truck smoother? We took our 31sl to MorRyde and had independent suspension and disc brakes added. Great addition! Ride in truck is still rough on some roads. Thinking about Firestone Ride Rite air bags or a new hitch pin and looking for advice.

Bill
Old 08-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #3

What is the name of the application and where can you find the owner's manual to download?
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:52 AM   #4

wvpel - I pull a 31sl with an F250 diesel. I installed the Firestone Ride Rite air bags about 3 weeks ago and just completed a 2000 mile trip with my TV and Redwood. I'm very pleased with the performance of the air bags. Through experimenting I found that 35 pounds worked best when towing. The reason I went air bags was because I had experienced a couple of what felt like bottoming out on the springs while hitting hard on a few bad California bridge transitions on the highway. Installation took about 4 hours and I had to buy a wrench large enough to handle the large frame bolts in the kit. I've currently just left them filled at 35 pounds but will probably drop them down to 5 pounds, which I'd what the factory recommends as minimum when not under load.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #5

I installed the Air-Lift Load Lifter 5000 kit on my Ram3500 and it smoothed out the ride a noticeable amount. I installed them myself in about an hour right at my campsite. The only thing the kit doesn't supply is a "T" fitting so you can inflate both bags together. I got one from the plumbing department at Lowes.
I have been running them at 60psi but plan to try lower pressures the next few trips.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #6

I have the firestone air bag system with the air compressure, 1 gal. airtank and seporate bag controls. This way I can dump the air when not towing and ajust them up for towing, with out an outside air source. Ialso, have a air hose and airconnector the came with the system.makes it nice to adjust the air in the 5th wheel, hitch air ride air bag or tires, while on the road.

Lillyputz
Old 08-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #7

I, too, have the Air-Lift 5000. Coming home last Friday the right rear bag blew. It was installed by the Dodge dealer a year ago. It appears they may have put the bags too close to the leaf spring and a bolt finally either wore a hole and punctured a hole causing the deflation. I have ordered a replacement bag from J C Whitney and will reinstall it myself by either moving it in a bit or putting some sort of protective shield between the bag and springs.