Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2012, 06:14 AM   #101

Congrats on finally getting your RW. We have been in ours now for 6 weeks and the excitement is still there. In fact, Lake Waco has been closed for the last several weeks due to high water. I know that once the campers start rolling in this weekend and see our RW - well, it will most likely be like a show. I wonder if I can charge admissions?
Old 04-18-2012, 06:17 AM   #102

Mike if you charge admission RW might want a piece of the pie so do it for free and ask for cash donations

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:20 AM   #103

I will put my empty coffee can by the door.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:26 AM   #104

I'm glad everyone is getting their RW's because right now your excitement is my excitement I got word yesterday that mine should arrive at the dealer by "MAYBE" this weekend, its been done sense last Tuesday, so everybody keep telling us about your big days so that we can quietly steal a little of your excitement. By the way thanks for the excitement so far.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper
I will put my empty coffee can by the door.
Let us know how it goes Mike but I would'nt plan on making a living from it

Old 04-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #106
Site Team

Tim,

you're in our midwest region .....lets all of us get together and have some fun with our new rigs
Old 04-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #107

It's kinda hard to contain our excitement, as ours is supposed to at the dealer this Friday. but as the saleman said, he's been told that before. kinda like waking up Christmas morning and realizing you had you days mixed up.

Lillyputz
Old 04-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper
Congrats on finally getting your RW. We have been in ours now for 6 weeks and the excitement is still there. In fact, Lake Waco has been closed for the last several weeks due to high water. I know that once the campers start rolling in this weekend and see our RW - well, it will most likely be like a show. I wonder if I can charge admissions?

Happy Camper,

You are in our neck of the woods, we live in Michigan and we have been pricing RW's in Michigan, Indiana and Lazy Days in Florida. Looks like I should be calling Kittsmiller.

Good Luck with your new coach, we are getting closer to pulling the trigger so the excitement keeps building. We don't want to take delivery until the end of July so by the posts on here it looks like we should order the end of May.

Again, enjoy that new RW!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytfl
This is Wednesday, April 18, DELIVERY DATE FOR US!!! Naturally, we didn't sleep well last night, part of the fun! We're in Flint right now & were at the campground west of Claire, yesterday packing up everything in our old Carriage. We have a 9:30 AM appt this morning to do our walk through/inspection at Kittsmiller in Lansing. Then their truck driver follow us up to the campground to wait while we transfer everything & take away our Carriage trade in. We've been told by our sales gal Melissa that they have thoroughly checked everything. Needless-to-say, we can hardly wait!!

Timmytfl,

I just posted this (see below) and replied to Happy Camper, sorry I actually wanted to reply to your post!

You are in our neck of the woods, we live in Michigan and we have been pricing RW's in Michigan, Indiana and Lazy Days in Florida. Looks like I should be calling Kittsmiller.

Good Luck with your new coach, we are getting closer to pulling the trigger so the excitement keeps building. We don't want to take delivery until the end of July so by the posts on here it looks like we should order the end of May.

Again, enjoy that new RW!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #110

Bo, if you want an end of July delivery you better order by mid-May cause they seem to be running about 2 1/2 months. We ordered mid-Feb and hopeing for an end of Apr delivery.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771

Bo, if you want an end of July delivery you better order by mid-May cause they seem to be running about 2 1/2 months. We ordered mid-Feb and hopeing for an end of Apr delivery.
Thanks for the heads up mhs4771, I guess we are going to have to move things up a little. We do want the full body paint, did you order that?

Bo
Old 04-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #112

Bo if you do not want the full body paint it will take about 8 weeks from your order date, if you have full body paint it adds an extra 2 weeks plus shipping time

Old 04-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #113

Yep, that's what added a little extra time to the production schedule. Ours when to paint last week, so it should be getting the final touches and gets sent on it's way soon. We have a Campout with our GoodSam Chapter the second weekend in May, and we're co-host. So we need to get into the new rig and get heading North for the Summer.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
Old 04-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #114

Also Bo if your dealer has a stock order in the line you could see your trailer alot earlier because they would just change the stock order to your order. If you do not want full body paint you might find a dealer that has one on the lot for a really good deal because this kind of rig is hard to sell this time of year.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR2011
Bo if you do not want the full body paint it will take about 8 weeks from your order date, if you have full body paint it adds an extra 2 weeks plus shipping time

Thanks KR2011, we do want that full body paint so it looks like we need to get those competitive bids started soon! Thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771

Yep, that's what added a little extra time to the production schedule.Â* Ours when to paint last week, so it should be getting the final touches and gets sent on it's way soon.Â* We have a Campout with our GoodSam Chapter the second weekend in May, and we're co-host.Â* So we need to get into the new rig and get heading North for the Summer.
You may be pushing it mine came out of paint last Monday and has not left the factory yet, they are not telling me why either.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #117

Maybe that's so they can finish up ours and get it shipped first! LOL We're still keeping our fingers crossed. It may be that they're just running out of Transporters to delivery units to Dealers.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR2011
Also Bo if your dealer has a stock order in the line you could see your trailer alot earlier because they would just change the stock order to your order. If you do not want full body paint you might find a dealer that has one on the lot for a really good deal because this kind of rig is hard to sell this time of year.

KR2011, we did find one on the lot but it didn't have the options we wanted and one custom option we want is to add windows to the back of the unit in the RE area.We would feel much better if that option was done at the factory.We arenot sure the dealership would take that on after the fact.

Again, thanks for all the good information.

Another reason we keep coming back tothis forum, there is so much GOOD information consistently being posted. Please keep the good info. coming.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #119

We just got the word today. our unit will be at the dealer sometimetomorrow. and we have a walk through scheduledon tuesday 4-23 a.m.They take two days to do there PDI. we ordered ours on Feb 21 with FBP.

LillyputzEdited by: lillyputz
Old 04-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyputz
We just got the word today. our unit will be at the dealer sometimetomorrow. and we have a walk through scheduledon tuesday 4-23 a.m.They take two days to do there PDI. we ordered ours on Feb 21 with FBP.

Lillyputz

Lillyputz, what dealer did you purchase from that takes two days to do the PDI? That sounds like a very good dealer!