Old 08-29-2017, 11:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtasee View Post
My thought was that the transporters insurance company bought that one...

All I know is I got a new one and upgraded one model year at the same time!

HA HA , , I could not remember who that happened to. . . Worked out well for you !

http://i.imgur.com/D0Lp87sl.jpg
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:50 PM   #22
par

Quote:
Originally Posted by wekirby View Post
Here is a list of new and old issues and repairs made to our new Redwood in the last 3 months.

Refrigerator outlet not wired to inverter corretly. 2 trips to dealer 2 new inverters. Never tested at plant or dealer.
Oven never connected to power. Never tested at plant or dealer.
Oven ignitor broken. Lipert shipped me a new oven directly and I replaced it myself. Never te
Sofa hideabed totally came apart. Back of sofa came completely free of sofa base. Dearer ordered new sofa still pending and temporarily fixed it so we could at least sit on it unail show's up.
Crown model in entire living are came free of all walls.
Bedroom door jam came entirely free from wall.
Bathroom pocket door came free from anchors.
Bedroom slide cable lose. Dealer adjusted and now the oposite end of slide is binding and is now missing paint.
TV and sound bar not connected.
Roof front and rear nose and tail seals cracked.
LED tail lights and reverse lights seals broken lamps full if moisture.
Dinning slide exterior severely scratched needs new paint and adjustment.
Dirt devil vac not secured or installed correctly. Sucked behind wall as it had only 2 screws holding.
Heat ducts completely coming apart due to lack of securing.
In line water filter installed on angel in space that no adult can even get to.
Black tank sprayer not installed correctly or broken, water running out of underbelly of trailer and just running in the tank, it is not spraying. The tank has never ran clear when rinsed.
Grey tank 2 no clue what it for as the pull feels disconnected.
Leaf spring straps are broken and hanging on springs.

The majority of these issues are due to the lack of testing and quality control it just isn't in place. We paid 85k for this 5th wheel and I would gladly take my 2008 Cameo back. We live in Michigan our season is limited and we are planning to retire mid 2018 and traveling. This is not a road worthy rv in my view. It's a park model basically. Set it up and never move it..
You have reason to be disappointed, we purchased a 2014 FL36 and had to go back to the factory twice in Topeka for repairs, the list was extensive. Having said that the repair team, led by Randy, were awesome in addressing our issues. We live in Canada and were travelling to Texas so this was not a major inconvenience. However, these issues should never have occurred and left us a bit 'anguished at Redwood'. When we bought our unit the option to get a household refrigerator had just become available and we went for it. Well.. it took a trip to the factory to get it wired properly since it had never worked on the inverter. I honestly thought I was the first customer to get this option and now I am seeing 3 years later the same issues are coming up. I said I would never bash Redwood but facts are facts.
Good luck!
Old 11-04-2017, 06:27 AM   #23
Site Team

Redwood is a good looking unit but Like most RVs they arenít as good as the advertisement. The factories are worried about pumping them out, the dealerships are worried about selling them, and the owner is worried about keeping them operational after they buy them

The dealership seems to make the difference, IF they can get the parts from the factory.

I think Redwood has had it a little tougher than some of the brands due to them being shuffled around so much. Redwood is still a good RV but like everything else you have to stay on top of the maintenance.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:08 AM   #24

I'm very sorry to hear of all your issues & hope all get resolved to your satisfaction. Unless RW has completely gone to hell since Keystone acquired them, then from my experience & others I believe they, not your dealer they've already proved they're worthless, will step up, maybe not as quickly as you or I would like, and make you satisfied.
If you took your list & replaced "Redwood" with any other brand on the market that's what those respective forum members are saying about their high end 5ers quality control also. I'm not making excuses for RW but just stating the facts of the rv industry as a whole.

Danny & Linda
Fulltimers since 2008
2013 Denali 3500 drw 4x4 d/a
2013 RW 36 FB black & tan
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote