Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2017, 10:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtasee View Post
My thought was that the transporters insurance company bought that one...

All I know is I got a new one and upgraded one model year at the same time!

HA HA , , I could not remember who that happened to. . . Worked out well for you !
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:50 PM   #22
par

Quote:
Originally Posted by wekirby View Post
Here is a list of new and old issues and repairs made to our new Redwood in the last 3 months.

Refrigerator outlet not wired to inverter corretly. 2 trips to dealer 2 new inverters. Never tested at plant or dealer.
Oven never connected to power. Never tested at plant or dealer.
Oven ignitor broken. Lipert shipped me a new oven directly and I replaced it myself. Never te
Sofa hideabed totally came apart. Back of sofa came completely free of sofa base. Dearer ordered new sofa still pending and temporarily fixed it so we could at least sit on it unail show's up.
Crown model in entire living are came free of all walls.
Bedroom door jam came entirely free from wall.
Bathroom pocket door came free from anchors.
Bedroom slide cable lose. Dealer adjusted and now the oposite end of slide is binding and is now missing paint.
TV and sound bar not connected.
Roof front and rear nose and tail seals cracked.
LED tail lights and reverse lights seals broken lamps full if moisture.
Dinning slide exterior severely scratched needs new paint and adjustment.
Dirt devil vac not secured or installed correctly. Sucked behind wall as it had only 2 screws holding.
Heat ducts completely coming apart due to lack of securing.
In line water filter installed on angel in space that no adult can even get to.
Black tank sprayer not installed correctly or broken, water running out of underbelly of trailer and just running in the tank, it is not spraying. The tank has never ran clear when rinsed.
Grey tank 2 no clue what it for as the pull feels disconnected.
Leaf spring straps are broken and hanging on springs.

The majority of these issues are due to the lack of testing and quality control it just isn't in place. We paid 85k for this 5th wheel and I would gladly take my 2008 Cameo back. We live in Michigan our season is limited and we are planning to retire mid 2018 and traveling. This is not a road worthy rv in my view. It's a park model basically. Set it up and never move it..
You have reason to be disappointed, we purchased a 2014 FL36 and had to go back to the factory twice in Topeka for repairs, the list was extensive. Having said that the repair team, led by Randy, were awesome in addressing our issues. We live in Canada and were travelling to Texas so this was not a major inconvenience. However, these issues should never have occurred and left us a bit 'anguished at Redwood'. When we bought our unit the option to get a household refrigerator had just become available and we went for it. Well.. it took a trip to the factory to get it wired properly since it had never worked on the inverter. I honestly thought I was the first customer to get this option and now I am seeing 3 years later the same issues are coming up. I said I would never bash Redwood but facts are facts.
Good luck!
Old 11-04-2017, 05:27 AM   #23
Site Team

Redwood is a good looking unit but Like most RVs they aren’t as good as the advertisement. The factories are worried about pumping them out, the dealerships are worried about selling them, and the owner is worried about keeping them operational after they buy them

The dealership seems to make the difference, IF they can get the parts from the factory.

I think Redwood has had it a little tougher than some of the brands due to them being shuffled around so much. Redwood is still a good RV but like everything else you have to stay on top of the maintenance.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:08 AM   #24

I'm very sorry to hear of all your issues & hope all get resolved to your satisfaction. Unless RW has completely gone to hell since Keystone acquired them, then from my experience & others I believe they, not your dealer they've already proved they're worthless, will step up, maybe not as quickly as you or I would like, and make you satisfied.
If you took your list & replaced "Redwood" with any other brand on the market that's what those respective forum members are saying about their high end 5ers quality control also. I'm not making excuses for RW but just stating the facts of the rv industry as a whole.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:48 AM   #25

I purchased a 2018 Fl this summer and having alot of the same problems with the unit. Did all of your problems get resolved?
dianneberlin29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:34 PM   #26

Unfortunately no. I am taking it back in today as the black tank cable is broken, some entry door trim is sliding off the trailer and it's painted, toilet seat is broken. I feel bad for you. I have opened a complaint with the BBB against keystone and will be doing one against the dealer if they don't get this stuff in a week and back to me. I hate this trailer. Keystone ruined what I thought would be a nice rv. Totally junk.
wekirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:29 PM   #27

Just curious! Have you contacted Keystone directly about your issues or just dealing with the dealer. From past experiences & others comments 90% of mishandling of warranty claims was the dealers fault not the manufacturer.
Yes, Keystone, along with EVERY OTHER rv manufacturer on the planet, have absolutely NO quality control at the factory & not likely to change. Your report to the BBB will be on the dealer not Keystone, doubt Keystone would ever know anything about it.
Don't know your physical or mechanical capabilities, but if you own a rv most times it's easier to do the job yourself, warrantied or not, than to have to deal with a dealer having the rv for months for a 10 minute repair. If you are unable to do any repairs yourself then it won't matter what manufacturer you chose, you will be unhappy & filing complaints on ALL of them.
Very sorry to hear of all your issues & hope you get them all resolved!!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:02 PM   #28

As I reread most of your Issues I see that many are minor and we have all had to reattach things here and there in our Rigs. I do not see where you have listed your Rig model or asked for any help in fixing issues that have occurred. Basically it seems you only wanted to Vent and I understand that I can tell you we all want to vent at time when dealing with our RV's. But your problems are not only a Keystone issue this is industry wide so best thing you can do is to Fix what you can. Get you cant fix done at dealer or Keystone and start enjoying the Redwood. They cost way to much to not use and the sooner you start using it those issues will disappear and happiness will return.

Wishing you safe travels and many fun filled trips soon.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:45 PM   #29

Yes I am aware of the BBB ISSUE but I entered it under Keystone. The next one I enter and push forward will be the dealership. They pushback on turn around time etc. They had our rig for 5 months for repairs. Insane. I have fixed and continue to fix many things myself instead of taking it back to ghem. It's not worth the heart ache. I also agree all many have no quality control anything but we have friends who have a 2016 Cedar Creek and they've had it back once in 3 years. This our 5th time back in a year. This dealer knows nothing about Redwoods, not even the basics on how its featers work. They're answer is call Keystone yourself. I have had no issue with warranty claims etc. Thank God we bought a 5 year extended warranty as I am sure we'll need it. When the factory warranty is up in Feb 2019, i'll be thrilled to take it to our local Camping world for any future repairs.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:20 PM   #30

Hi there,
You are right I have vented allot on this forum, sooty but that. I have posted question on other boards asking for input etc. Our rig is a 2017 RW340/3401RL. I have fixed many many things myself including diagnosing why the oven never worked from day one and replacing it, etc myself with the help from Furion. Water leaks, duct work assembly, battery cabling and repairs, just too many more things to list again. It's back at the dealer as of today because the black tank drain valve won't close and the rinse/spray system does not work to rinse the tank, water just runs in the tank does not spray. You can hear the difference. The black tank cable handle pushed through the wall in the compartment because it was so hard to pull or push. That alone caused us lots of grief while on vacation recently as I had to replace secure the cable which really was a lost cause as it doesn't close anyways and sewage pours out as soon as I remove the cap. Very ugly. The tank will not drain 100% even after filling it 100% with water. And the dealer doesn't have a dump station. How does a dealer service and test these repairs without that is beyond me. I am paying them to install a gate valve on the dump pipe as I can not do it because there is so little pipe coming out from under the trailer. I can not drop the belly to get to the systems.
One last thing I am trying to solve is the cabling set up in this rv. So many cables and nothing labeled and dealer has no clue just call Keystone for help. Dealer doesn't have cable to try to assist. I'll have to buy a cable signal tester to figure out what each one is for aND where they actually go, roof etc. I have 2 ports behind the TV in LR and 3 cables (2 orange and 1 white) laying behind the TV as well. 1 port in the service door I know works for cablev tv and my tailgater satellite dish.
So all in all we have gotten to use our rig a few times last summer and an east coast trip this year and a few more here in Michigan yet this summer and then off to Naples for the winter. But the rig has to go back to dealership after Labor Day so they can send it to a body shop to fix a huge scratch that appeared somehow appeared over the winter in the nose paint which they areally aware of when we picked it up las Spring. And they will have lots of caulking to check and redo as much of it is cracking, roof and slides.
So sorry for the venting it's just very frustrating when you spend the kind of money we spend on these rv's.
Regards
Wrkirby
Old 07-31-2018, 02:16 AM   #31

Here is the one on it's side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg redwoodgonewrong.JPG (234.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 07-31-2018, 02:33 AM   #32

That is terrible I hope you are ok. So sad. Wind or stupid drivers around you. Again hope all is ok.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:16 AM   #33

Quote:
That is terrible I hope you are ok. So sad. Wind or stupid drivers around you. Again hope all is ok.
It's not ours!!!!!! Just saved the picture when posted a few years ago.

Steve
Old 07-31-2018, 03:37 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
It's not ours!!!!!! Just saved the picture when posted a few years ago.

Steve
I think about that photo every time when we are traveling in seriously strong winds. So far our RW has handled really well in windy conditions.
NewRW Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 12:39 PM   #35

The picture is of a delivery driver and a members's NEW ( not delivered yet) Redwood.

I am not sure they ever found out how that happened.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:38 PM   #36

Quote:
Yeah that one was my Special Order 2016 unit being delivered. The delivery driver ignored the High Wind Warning Signs posted near Laramie Wyoming.

No one was hurt but the Redwood was a total loss.

The good news, other than the time it took, I got a 2017 out of the deal with additional upgrades...
Old 07-31-2018, 07:26 PM   #37

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Hi there,
You are right I have vented allot on this forum, sooty but that. I have posted question on other boards asking for input etc. Our rig is a 2017 RW340/3401RL. I have fixed many many things myself including diagnosing why the oven never worked from day one and replacing it, etc myself with the help from Furion. Water leaks, duct work assembly, battery cabling and repairs, just too many more things to list again. It's back at the dealer as of today because the black tank drain valve won't close and the rinse/spray system does not work to rinse the tank, water just runs in the tank does not spray. You can hear the difference. The black tank cable handle pushed through the wall in the compartment because it was so hard to pull or push. That alone caused us lots of grief while on vacation recently as I had to replace secure the cable which really was a lost cause as it doesn't close anyways and sewage pours out as soon as I remove the cap. Very ugly. The tank will not drain 100% even after filling it 100% with water. And the dealer doesn't have a dump station. How does a dealer service and test these repairs without that is beyond me. I am paying them to install a gate valve on the dump pipe as I can not do it because there is so little pipe coming out from under the trailer. I can not drop the belly to get to the systems.
One last thing I am trying to solve is the cabling set up in this rv. So many cables and nothing labeled and dealer has no clue just call Keystone for help. Dealer doesn't have cable to try to assist. I'll have to buy a cable signal tester to figure out what each one is for aND where they actually go, roof etc. I have 2 ports behind the TV in LR and 3 cables (2 orange and 1 white) laying behind the TV as well. 1 port in the service door I know works for cablev tv and my tailgater satellite dish.
So all in all we have gotten to use our rig a few times last summer and an east coast trip this year and a few more here in Michigan yet this summer and then off to Naples for the winter. But the rig has to go back to dealership after Labor Day so they can send it to a body shop to fix a huge scratch that appeared somehow appeared over the winter in the nose paint which they areally aware of when we picked it up las Spring. And they will have lots of caulking to check and redo as much of it is cracking, roof and slides.
So sorry for the venting it's just very frustrating when you spend the kind of money we spend on these rv's.
Regards
Wrkirby
You should be thankful you didn't purchase a $600,000
Rig as they have the same issues. You need to be mechanically inclined and handy if you buy an rv. Otherwise you will have a life of grief. Remember the old days when we were upset having to take the tent down in the rain
Old 07-31-2018, 08:57 PM   #38

Shane, that is HOW I got my first RV.. Took the wife tent camping, had HARD rain the first day and night.. Day #2 she checked us into a Holiday Inn not far from the state park our gang were all camping in...

Within a few months we had our first RV.. 1984 Corsair, 19ft
Old 08-01-2018, 01:42 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Contact RW customer service, NOT your dealer, & have them return it to the factory service center, if those guys can't fix it it truly is junk. Most dealerships can't change light bulbs correctly without screwing up more stuff.
As much of a hardship as it is for us to uproot the 5er and haul it from central Florida to the Crossroads/Redwood factory in Indiana for repairs, I will do it every time, if I can't make the repair myself, or my mobile RV service tech cannot do the repair on-site where we fulltime in our RV. As was proven when I had some structural warranty work done on our 36FB, it took less time for me to make the 1K plus trip up to Redwood, them do the repair and return the 5er to me, and make the return trip home and set our RV back up in the more permanent setting that we are. Lazydays, who was the dealership that we purchased the unit from new was saying that they were going to have the unit at least 5-6 weeks. In all it cost me 6.5 days away from home. Of course, everything had been pre-scheduled with Crossroads/Redwood to help expedite the repair, and it went very smooth. I will always take ours to the factory for repairs that cannot be done where we live in the 5er, as long as I have the ability to drive up and back, the factory continues to work on their used products, and the dealerships chose to take so extremely long to make the repairs at their facilities. Plus it makes for a fun trip to Shipshewana, IN.
Eaton Fuller Super 10-speed Transmission
ET Senior Fifthwheel Hitch,articulating air ride pin box
Resident Lead Host @ Ross Prairie Trailhead & Campground
Gary Hage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:17 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Shane, that is HOW I got my first RV.. Took the wife tent camping, had HARD rain the first day and night.. Day #2 she checked us into a Holiday Inn not far from the state park our gang were all camping in...

Within a few months we had our first RV.. 1984 Corsair, 19ft
When my wife got pregnant, she told me she is not sleeping on the ground anymore.
That was 1980 and always had RVs since.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote