Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2024, 03:07 AM   #1

Having issues getting our new Redwood 4200FL fixed

We have a new 2023 4200FL that has a bad water leak in the rear slide out which we found after only owning it for less than a month. The issue has been looked at and a full slide out floor replacement is needed as well as all of the walls, cabinets, dresser, carpet etc. We are also seeing lost of mold and delamination of the main floor all along that slide and across the bathroom. Having several issues try to get the dealership to fix it correctly and getting little help from Keystone. Wondering who we need to speak with to get this fixed correctly and in a timely manner?

Very unhappy owner.
Bill&Lana2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 07:12 PM   #2
TDG

Get a lawyer an good luck
TDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 07:55 PM   #3

I would contact Tim Cress at Crossroads RV1140 W. Lake Street Topeka, In
Phone 260-593-3850. Tell him about your issue and ask his recommendation for getting it fixed under warranty. He is a fair and honest person who has taken care of my issues in the past. Most companies including Crossroads will help you if you are patient and willing to travel to have the repairs completed by the right people. It is unfortunate that you have a problem but it is part of having an RV. I always tell friends looking at getting into RV travel that if you don’t like to work on your RV it probably isn’t for you.
Old 02-11-2024, 12:29 AM   #4

Don't get nasty with anyone and don't even bring up talking to a lawyer. If you do all communications will stop and no one will talk to you.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 05:57 AM   #5

I have been working with Tim Cress and he has been great, no issues with him at all. It just seems that everyone else is just pushing it off and lack of communication from them. I was asked last week for measurements of the cabinets/ dresser in the slide. I got them all, but I know they have the build sheet and the cabinets have not changed even in the 2024's, so why are they asking me for that info? I think it's just a way to delay the process even further. Still frustrated, still unhappy. Doing my best to comply with all of their requests but I still think they should just let me bring it back tothe factory for the repairs. I believe it will be done quicker and better than the dealership!
Old 02-11-2024, 12:17 PM   #6

I question if they are not building a NEW trailer ( or large parts )rather than extensive repairs to yours?
Old 02-11-2024, 01:21 PM   #7

We were told to take our unit to Twin Lakes RV in LaGrange, IN and they were great at repairing our 2018 all under warranty. Ask Tim about them doing the repairs.
Old 02-12-2024, 03:02 PM   #8

Hello,

Just spoke to Tim again this morning. I guess they are still trying to figure it out. Tim still wants to bring it back to factory but they must be backed up? Customer Service is saying they can get to it quicker at the dealership. Tim and I both agree that i just don't want to have to make 10 trips back and forth to get it all completed.