Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2015, 11:52 PM   #81

Thanks On Theroad. We will use the rig/truck weighing if it's offered!
Bob and Debbie (both retired) with Senior FurBabies Grizz (a German Shepherd mix) and Bailey (a Lab mix)...and sometimes a Grandkiddo or 2! Full Time RVers since July 2013 Redwood: 2012 36FL with sliding patio doors
Tow Vehicle: 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD with 6.6 DuraMax Dually
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:38 AM   #82
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nTheRoad View Post
Grizzby, this is the first time Redwood has offered this service. At past rallies RW has had techs onsite to look at coaches for issues but no repairs have been done onsite. We are excited that this service was offered after suggesting that they step up to addressing simple issues requiring minimal tools and materials.

Redwood will also have technical people at the rally to look at coaches with more substantial issues for recommendations. Several people last year had their coach looked at at the rally and then scheduled their rig into the Service Center immediately following the rally. The Service Center is less than 10 miles from the campground.

We are also working on having a team at the rally to weigh rigs/trucks [each individual wheel] for a reasonable fee to the owner. The truck, with rig attached would be weighed, then the truck by itself. Though nor confirmed yet, we are VERY close to finalizing plans. We hope this will be well received and taken advantage of...it's always a good idea to know your weights!!!

This rally is going to be a very full agenda [see agenda on an earlier post] and should be very enlightening to both new and seasoned owners!!

Chuck,

That sounds like a great idea. I definitely will be interested in weighing our rig.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:51 AM   #83

[QUOTE=0nTheRoad;48294]
We are also working on having a team at the rally to weigh rigs/trucks [each individual wheel] for a reasonable fee to the owner. The truck, with rig attached would be weighed, then the truck by itself. Though nor confirmed yet, we are VERY close to finalizing plans. QUOTE]

We had our Truck and Redwood weighted by RVSEF (RV Safety & Education Foundation) a few months ago, they use scales on each wheel of the truck and trailer so we know exactly what the weight is on each and do all the calculations based on manufacturers specs.

I agree, great information to have
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:55 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzby View Post
Char and Steve...meant "see you there". Gotta love these high tech gadgets that insert words for you. : )
Looking forward to meeting you both as well.....
Old 06-10-2015, 05:42 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyrf22 View Post
Hi Everyone,

For those of you attending the rally I need to get your shirt sizes. I sent out an email this morning to everyone I had an email address for but there are still several that I do not have. You can send me an email to kfuller@redwoodrv.com, give me your name site spot if you have it and sizes.

Thanks!

Kathy Fuller
Marketing Manager
Redwood RV
Hi Kathy I emailed you but wanted to make sure it didn't go to your junk folder.If you'd rather I can pm you if you don't see it.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:49 PM   #86

I really wish I would have done my scheduling a little differently!!!!!!!!! We are leaving for Elkhart this weekend and will be having the Mor/Ryde IS and Kodiak Disc brakes installed on 6/15 - 6/16. We are then going to spend 3 nights at Shipshewana campground before heading back to Syracuse, NY. If I was thinking back in December when I booked my install at Mor/Ryde, I could have bumped the appointment back to August and attended the Rally. We're scheduled for the factory tour next Tuesday so at least we'll be able to do that. Sure would have been nice to meet everyone etc....Oh well, maybe next year..??

Tim
trfield58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:04 PM   #87

I've very happy to announce that we have made arrangements with Escapees to have one of their SmartWeigh teams at our Rally to weigh your truck and rig. They will also host a workshop during the rally to discuss weights.

Please see the attached flyer explaining the program and for instructions for making an appointment to get your truck/rig weighed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2015 Redwood SmartWeigh.pdf (225.8 KB, 48 views)
Old 06-11-2015, 12:50 AM   #88
Site Team

Tim - a suggestion from someone who has done the IS. Make sure you put about 100 miles on the rig before leaving the Elkhart area. While I love the IS and Disc brakes, the first set of springs was too heavy and the trailer rode stiffly. It doesn't take them long to change them out if they need to.
My suggestion would be if you are close to the line of needing the next heavier set, don't do it unless you know you are going to load it heavier. Talk to Gary and Sergio at MorRyde, they are great people.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:19 AM   #89

I appreciate it Vaughan. I had actually saved one of your older posts and talked with Gary back in January and referenced what you had said they did. I don't have the specifics at hand right now but it was something like a #11 rubber spring.....Like I said, I did give Gary the info you had provided and will certainly take your advice. We are headed right to Shipshewana on Wednesday so if they get done on Tuesday, we will put some miles on her before then..

Thanks again...BTW, we usually head to Myrtle Beach in the Fall so maybe we'll check in with you and see if you are still going to do the N.C. trip....

Tim
Old 06-11-2015, 04:17 PM   #90

We've spent Two weeks in Ocean lakes campground in Myrtle Beach at the end of September for the past 3 years. This year we'll be looking for Redwoods

Haven't seen one there yet...
Old 06-11-2015, 05:59 PM   #91
Site Team

Tim and Char, we just booked Mama Gerties for Wed 10/7 thru We'd 10/14. I think there may be one or two more sites available, but I know they were going quickly. Hard to describe how beautiful this place is. As I write this on my iPad I'm sitting under our awning looking out over about 25 miles of mountains and watching a small thunderstorm form in the distance. May or may not hit us depending on which valley it follows.

Link to park is Asheville RV Park and Camping | Asheville NC Camping | Tent Camping

Char, please let me know more about Myrtle Beach as we are thinking about that area also. I went up the ICW a couple of weeks ago with a boat and there were a number of parks that looked interesting.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:29 PM   #92

We love Ocean lakes Campground check it out on line. They have a gate keeper that you have to get through to get into the place so that's nice. They have houses for sale and rent. There are some that live there all year around and at the beach they have campsites. We were three spots from the ocean last year it was awesome. You hear the waves crashing In September it's off season so it's 49 a night. The area is pretty busy they have malls shops a boardwalk. We went to legends last year for a show and a dinner show pirates of Caribbean. Plenty to do if you like that or stay in the campground. They have a restaurant, ice cream shop, fishing, outdoor pool in indoor heated pool mini golf etc etc.. We love it, we ride bikes for hour through the park and tis dog friendly. The only thing is during the summer months there I would not go it's a little crazy and a lot of golf carts. That's why we go in the fall. There's a camping world down the street if you need anything rv.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:10 AM   #93

Char,
Vaughan,

We also stay at Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach. In fact, that's where our Redwood is stored for the winter.....We went down last October for a week and then left it there (storage is about $55 a month) and then we went back down this April, spent another week before bringing her home. Our daughter lives down there so we've been staying at Ocean Lakes for over 7 years. Kind of a tradition at this point..... That's where we saw our very first Redwood a few years ago and after meeting the couple and seeing theirs, well, now we have one!!!!

Tim
Old 06-12-2015, 02:55 AM   #94

We will be at Ocean lakes 10/17-10/26. In Oct. they have 3 weekends of Halloween. Great fun. The only problem is getting these big beast in a site that will handle it. If any can get a reservation come on down!
Old 06-12-2015, 04:00 AM   #95

We've spent the month of Sept. the last 2 years at Lakewood next to Ocean Lakes, this past year seemed terribly windy, but we were third row back from the dunes.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:18 PM   #96

We'll be there Sept 20th-Oct 1st. last year it rained the first 5 days we were there, that's why we ended up with a new RW...we were bored and started looking at all the RV dealers in the area.By the time we got home we had traded our Class A and I was searching for a truck to pull it
Old 06-12-2015, 01:28 PM   #97

I can see Steve and I spotting a RW and figuring out how to ask if we might know them form our forum...lol
Old 06-12-2015, 09:21 PM   #98

Good idea, I would like to have mine weighed also, count me in if you can get it done, thanks!
slideone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:13 PM   #99

Rally Update: 39 registered so far. Looking forward to seeing everyone there and making new friends. Last year, I noticed how Open Range had site markers for each RV. I have asked Piper Guy (Vaughan) if he could do something like that for us. Due to our traveling schedule, he'll have to have the custom markers done by 7/21. Hopefully everyone who is going will have registered by then. (We'll bring some generic markers for the late comers.)
Also, as a reminder, Evada Cooper is organizing a GNO for Wednesday evening (mani/pedi's and dinner at a Mexican restaurant). Please don't forget to sign up at registration. And since the ladies will be getting their pampering that evening, perhaps the men would like to plan their own night out. ;-)
Piper Guy's Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 03:28 AM   #100

This will be our first and great idea on the signs! We thought of this last week since we don't know anyone in person except a few out our way and most don't know us so we had this made last week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Steve & Char.jpg (13.7 KB, 121 views)