Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2014, 07:30 PM   #1

Where Have You Been This Summer?

Would be really interested in hearing where folks traveled this summer (or are still traveling to).

For us, we made several trips to/from the Flathead Valley to Missoula. Our big trip was West to Seattle (2000k round trip). Went through western Montana (Holland Lake and Missoula), Idaho (Bonner's Ferry, Sandpoint), Eastern Washington (Spokane, Yakima, etc) and over the Snoquamie Pass into Seattle.

As far as the passes, the two between Missoula and Couer d'Alene were tough (pushing 220 degrees) but the Snoqualmie pass ok. Coming out of the Columbia River Gorge also steep and a tough climb (it was 99 degrees outside)

No major problems on trip except for a leaking landing gear (discovered 1 day before we were in Missoula where the dealership is....whew!) and a little scare when we were dry camping as the batteries ran dry before the landing gear was up - resolved it pretty easily.

Your adventures?
2011 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn 6.7L TD, SRW, 4X4.

Oregonbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #2

We spent a week in your hometown attending my class reunion and stayed at CF RV park. Enjoyed it very much, as it was my old hometown.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Mary View Post
We spent a week in your hometown attending my class reunion and stayed at CF RV park. Enjoyed it very much, as it was my old hometown.
Where abouts is your hometown, if you don't mind saying?

Old 08-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonbound View Post
Would be really interested in hearing where folks traveled this summer (or are still traveling to).

For us, we made several trips to/from the Flathead Valley to Missoula. Our big trip was West to Seattle (2000k round trip). Went through western Montana (Holland Lake and Missoula), Idaho (Bonner's Ferry, Sandpoint), Eastern Washington (Spokane, Yakima, etc) and over the Snoquamie Pass into Seattle.

As far as the passes, the two between Missoula and Couer d'Alene were tough (pushing 220 degrees) but the Snoqualmie pass ok. Coming out of the Columbia River Gorge also steep and a tough climb (it was 99 degrees outside)

No major problems on trip except for a leaking landing gear (discovered 1 day before we were in Missoula where the dealership is....whew!) and a little scare when we were dry camping as the batteries ran dry before the landing gear was up - resolved it pretty easily.

Your adventures?

I assume that (220 degrees) was coolant temperature!! Ha Ha!

We arrived in Olympia, WA on August 9. We have stayed at Olympia Campground, TravelCamp at American Lake on Fort Lewis, and currently at Washington Land Yacht Harbor in Lacey, WA while visiting with daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter. My son-in-law is career Army and currently stationed at Fort Lewis.

We departed on August 4 and traveled across Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, corner of Utah, corner of Idaho, across Oregon down through Columbia River Gorge and up to Olympia, WA.

On the way home we will be traveling across Washington, Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and "back home again in Indiana". We will have traveled across 14 states by the time we return home in late September.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:02 PM   #5

We spent the month of April in Lancaster PA the month of May in Woodstock NY the month of June in cape may NJ the month of July in lake George NY and we will probably finish the season for the August,September and October in Woodstock NY as well. My wife is talking about a trip to Maine in September sometime but it probably won't happen this year.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:41 AM   #6

Great. If you are staying in the Flathead Valley as you get into Montana, let us know. We've stayed in Missoula quite a bit also so know some of the RV parks.

Old 08-30-2014, 01:47 AM   #7

Everybody we talk to raves about Jim and Mary's just north of the I-90 US-93 junction in Missoula.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:52 AM   #8

Yes, our favorite place in Missoula. Definitely stop there if you can. KOA is also nice if you want to be closer to town/shopping.

Old 08-30-2014, 01:53 AM   #9

Just finishing up a month long trip, started in Branson MO, from there we went to Indiana for the rally. From there we started west to South Dakota, Wyoming and Colorado. Now returning east ending up in Maggie Valley NC tomorrow.

A great trip...now we rest!
Old 08-30-2014, 02:11 AM   #10

Chuck, did you get your fridge going?
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:09 AM   #11

In June we hit the Black Hills then to Denver, Cherry Creek for a week, then to Marysvale, UT for some ATV fun. Gillette, Wy for the International Airstream Rally then on to Glacier Park for a week, really enjoyed Flathead Lake. On to Newport, Wa. to visit friends for a month. Headed south to Az. mountains for 4 weeks. Will be in Elkhart on 9/10 for IS installation.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:29 AM   #12

Toured central to south thru east Texas with grandson, horizontally across Oklahoma with granddaughter, back to panhandle, won't do that again, too d#@n hot!
Currently in Columbia, SC heading to Myrtle Beach, then Florida for the winter.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:20 AM   #13

Danny,

Where do you stay in Myrtle Beach, we may be heading there early October.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:41 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Toured central to south thru east Texas with grandson, horizontally across Oklahoma with granddaughter, back to panhandle, won't do that again, too d#@n hot!
Currently in Columbia, SC heading to Myrtle Beach, then Florida for the winter.

Danny and Linda,

Where are you staying in Florida for the winter? We plan to be at Winterset in Palmetto, FL (near Bradenton) for January through April.

Guy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:17 AM   #15

In spring we started in Southern TX and headed to CA. From there we went across the West to Minnesota where we are staying at my sisters hobby farm. Will be heading to Needles CA in about 3 weeks. We will be volunteering at the Lake Havasu National Wildlife Refuge for 3 months.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:44 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Mary View Post
oh...ok...took me a while but you were in Columbia Falls! That's great. Hope the skies were clear when you visited. We've had some forest fire smoke this summer - nothing local though.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:48 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Guy View Post
In June we hit the Black Hills then to Denver, Cherry Creek for a week, then to Marysvale, UT for some ATV fun. Gillette, Wy for the International Airstream Rally then on to Glacier Park for a week, really enjoyed Flathead Lake. On to Newport, Wa. to visit friends for a month. Headed south to Az. mountains for 4 weeks. Will be in Elkhart on 9/10 for IS installation.
Wow....sounds like a great trip. Will miss the park and lake when we move....but, other adventures await. We were in Newport late last week (without rv).

Old 08-30-2014, 06:50 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinder View Post
In spring we started in Southern TX and headed to CA. From there we went across the West to Minnesota where we are staying at my sisters hobby farm. Will be heading to Needles CA in about 3 weeks. We will be volunteering at the Lake Havasu National Wildlife Refuge for 3 months.
A lot of miles! What is a hobby farm and what are you going to be doing at the refuge?

Old 08-30-2014, 11:37 AM   #19

We departed Vancouver on July 18th and headed across Canada as far as Winnipeg then headed SE through the US to the Rally. Post Rally we headed up to Toronto to spend time with family before a few days at Niagara Falls, followed by a trip to a great dealer in Delhi Ontario to repair some plumbing issues.

Now back on the road we bypassed Toronto through upstate NY and are currently in Quebec City. Heading to New Brunswick this morning then we spend just over a month in PEI and Nova Scotia.

During October we head South arriving Indio, California on Nov 1st. Unfortunately we can't winter in Indio this year, as we must return to BC by Nov 20th, when our son arrives from Dubai.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:46 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Chuck, did you get your fridge going?
Brad,

Called Crossroads Service Center, was told I had to take it to a dealer UNLESS the wait time was excessive so I called Windish [Crossroads gave me their number based on my location] and they told me the earliest they could see me was OCTOBER!! They gave me the name of a Mobile Tech. I called the one you gave me and the one Windish gave me, neither could see me before I planned to leave Colorado.

We've been making our way back east since Tuesday, will arrive in NC today.

Still have the same problem, works fine on AC but not cooling on LP, for example I checked the temp yesterday before unplugging shore power, temp was 34º, checked temp again after being on the road 6-7 hours and running on LP,the temp was 47º.

Once I get settled in I'll start over with Crossroads, there isn't a Redwood or Crossroads dealer within 50 miles of where we'll be located so I assume they'll tell me to go with a mobile tech...then the hunt begins to find one???

Anyone know of a mobile tech in the Asheville NC area.