Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2020, 12:34 AM   #1

Stay safe....Help Each Other

Greetings all ....Like many I never really considered that we would be in a crisis like this...Its always been something we relate to lands far away. However the reality is with so many traveling around the globe no one country is immune to at least some issues with the virus.
Staying positive is more important than ever....The media is up to its old tricks with negative ....apocalyptic news being the fore front of much of the reporting. Please take all this with a grain of salt...everyone knows that "dirty laundry" sells in regards to ratings etc. However none of us should be down playing the potential seriousness of whats happening. These things do run their course and we will come out of this. I am saddened when I see news footage of crowded beaches...people hoarding....dishonesty when arriving from trips overseas...there will always be those that do not consider others and the "big picture".
On a positive note , I truly believe that the vast majority of people are doing the right thing....and we all have a new term that will be with us for the rest of our days "Social Distancing"...
Please consider others around you when going about your daily affairs thru this crisis...Is there some one that maybe need you to pick up some supplies for ? Little things go a long way to help keep yourself and others grounded....spend more time digitally communicating with family and friends to keep peoples spirits up...Nothing effects someones health more than feeling alone and helpless.
My wife has a network of our neighbours that she is contacting semi-daily for at the very least a chat...but also to get shopping lists for any of their needs...We are in our 60's but are extremely healthy (and careful) and many of our contacts are in there 70's and beyond....
Please...everyone be careful...helpful ...compassionate...and I hope to talk to you all from time to time....Regards

Wes & Denise
Edmonton Alberta Canada

2015 38RL / 2016 F-450
wintertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:50 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertree View Post
Greetings all ....Like many I never really considered that we would be in a crisis like this...Its always been something we relate to lands far away. However the reality is with so many traveling around the globe no one country is immune to at least some issues with the virus.
Staying positive is more important than ever....The media is up to its old tricks with negative ....apocalyptic news being the fore front of much of the reporting. Please take all this with a grain of salt...everyone knows that "dirty laundry" sells in regards to ratings etc. However none of us should be down playing the potential seriousness of whats happening. These things do run their course and we will come out of this. I am saddened when I see news footage of crowded beaches...people hoarding....dishonesty when arriving from trips overseas...there will always be those that do not consider others and the "big picture".
On a positive note , I truly believe that the vast majority of people are doing the right thing....and we all have a new term that will be with us for the rest of our days "Social Distancing"...
Please consider others around you when going about your daily affairs thru this crisis...Is there some one that maybe need you to pick up some supplies for ? Little things go a long way to help keep yourself and others grounded....spend more time digitally communicating with family and friends to keep peoples spirits up...Nothing effects someones health more than feeling alone and helpless.
My wife has a network of our neighbours that she is contacting semi-daily for at the very least a chat...but also to get shopping lists for any of their needs...We are in our 60's but are extremely healthy (and careful) and many of our contacts are in there 70's and beyond....
Please...everyone be careful...helpful ...compassionate...and I hope to talk to you all from time to time....Regards

Wes & Denise
Edmonton Alberta Canada

2015 38RL / 2016 F-450

Wes,

Very well said. Everyone needs to keep a level head.

I have been mostly house bound for 10 months now due to two reconstructive foot surgeries. I am finally able to walk some again, but only slowly and very carefully. So, a few more weeks will go by quickly. I am glad that the weather is starting to warm up some here in Indiana and we are starting to see the sun again. I am looking forward to just being able to go out and sit on my lawn chair in the sun for a while each day and listen to the birds sing their spring songs.

We missed going to Florida this winter due to the surgeries. I had to winterize our Redwood this past fall for the first time in 7 years. We were going to join some of my high school classmates in Florida 2 weeks ago to celebrate 60 years since graduation. We had to cancel the trip at the last minute. My family had concerns about the corona virus. I also was concerned because of meeting up with friends from across the country. So, we decided to have a get together here in Indiana later this summer.

Everyone take care of themselves. We will all get through this.

Guy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:01 PM   #3

Guy, glad to hear you are up and about now. You are one of the “Charter Members” of this site. Happy Spring!
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
Wes,

Very well said. Everyone needs to keep a level head.

I have been mostly house bound for 10 months now due to two reconstructive foot surgeries. I am finally able to walk some again, but only slowly and very carefully. So, a few more weeks will go by quickly. I am glad that the weather is starting to warm up some here in Indiana and we are starting to see the sun again. I am looking forward to just being able to go out and sit on my lawn chair in the sun for a while each day and listen to the birds sing their spring songs.

We missed going to Florida this winter due to the surgeries. I had to winterize our Redwood this past fall for the first time in 7 years. We were going to join some of my high school classmates in Florida 2 weeks ago to celebrate 60 years since graduation. We had to cancel the trip at the last minute. My family had concerns about the corona virus. I also was concerned because of meeting up with friends from across the country. So, we decided to have a get together here in Indiana later this summer.

Everyone take care of themselves. We will all get through this.

Guy
Guy, Glad to hear your doing better.
You'll just have to stay longer in Florida next year! Or come on out to Arizona!
Hopefully common sense will kick in at some point & this whole COVID drama thing will be just a VERY bad memory.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:52 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time View Post
Guy, glad to hear you are up and about now. You are one of the “Charter Members” of this site. Happy Spring!

Mike,
Thanks. I am looking forward to Spring and some warm weather.

Guy

Old 03-22-2020, 03:09 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Guy, Glad to hear your doing better.
You'll just have to stay longer in Florida next year! Or come on out to Arizona!
Hopefully common sense will kick in at some point & this whole COVID drama thing will be just a VERY bad memory.

Danny,
Thanks. We have stayed at home for the past two weeks and plan to do so for at least another 2 to 4 weeks. We live in a rural area so that helps to keep us isolated. Fortunately, we have family living nearby that have been a big help for us. So, we are getting by fairly well.

We use to think that we would spend winters in Arizona because I had some family in the Willcox, AZ area. When I was still working full time, I use to go to engineering seminars in the Phoenix area about every 2 years and visit my family in Willcox area. I have driven right by the area where you are located several times. Just about the time I retired, my nephew and family moved back to Indiana. So, our plans changed and we started going to Florida. We found Winterset RV Resort near Palmetto, FL and loved it. So, we have been going there since 2014. And, it is about 650 miles closer than Arizona.

You and Linda keep well.

Guy

Old 03-28-2020, 04:49 PM   #7

Snow birds

Let us see if winter travel will be allowed to south this winter?? Or will the travel insurance be affordable this coming winter?? And last but not least will one want to go south before a vaccine is invented?? You realise if you travel say from Florida to Ohio or Alberta to Ontario you should also isolate for 14 days also.
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:20 PM   #8

Humans have the ability to forget...especially if its about their comfort...or fun...
I am reminded about that with the VW motor company and their blatant lying and such with emissions on their diesel line up...A year or so later....people were buying their products even though VW put making $$ before peoples health...
When we get on the other side of this....the world will have changed...initially it will be a big difference...long term its anyones guess.
2015 38RL, Full Body Paint, Slide in Slide, full Laundry, RV Fridge, 5.5 Onan, Magnum Inverter Charger, Samlex Solar, Trav'ler Sat System. Heated Tanks, R.O. Filtration, Sailun Tires**2016 F-450, Reese 25K Elite
wintertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:20 PM   #9

IMHO if this last more than 2-4 more weeks I'll be very surprised! People are too accustomed to coming/going as they please.
We had to go get Rxs a couple days ago passing a couple grocery stores & a Walmart that the parking lots were full of vehicles & many more up/down the streets.
Not to mention our economy will take a long time to recover from everything being shut down. I feel especially sad for all the mom/pop businesses that won't recover from these extended closures up to now.
If as they are predicting to remain in this total mess til August there won't be much left to return to normal, no money, no stores, no way of life as we've known up til this fiasco.
Worried about snowbirding next fall? If this last through the summer there will no where to go if it does end, every place will be out of business, shut down, boarded up even if you had the $$$ to get there.
With all the VERY extreme measures that have taken place thus far I'm about to suspect that there's much more to this entire mess than a virus, but we will never know. You definitely can't count on the news media, social media or any officials for any truthful, accurate information.
Sorry, my rants over! Had to get it said! Just my .02 cents!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote