Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2020, 02:28 PM   #1

How is everyone doing ?

How is everyone doing thru this crisis ?...How have your habits changed ?...what are you doing in your location to stay busy and safe ?
All of our plans have come to all but a grinding halt, at least for the next while. Much of our time is spent on normal spring tasks here on the farm...we head out once a week for essential supplies...which seem to be available without issue locally..(yes even toilet paper ...lol)...The local highways are very quiet as is the town sites we visit for a quick shopping trip. Our population density here where we are on the Canadian prairies is low so outbreaks of infection is not that common. Some of the local big cities are dealing with a different scenario....but we are told the hospitals are keeping up...I went thru my cabinet shop and found a couple of N95 masks that were still packaged and dropped them off at the local health center...which they were happy to get....not something I usually stock as I am only dealing with dust from the power tools. My parents (in their late 80's) are doing fine and hunkering down about 20 minutes from us....we are also getting them supplies on our trips to town. So really ...other than the economy as a whole being shut down life has not changed here too much...but like I mentioned we are quite isolated from world events. Stay safe everyone....and stay busy...
2015 38RL, Full Body Paint, Slide in Slide, full Laundry, RV Fridge, 5.5 Onan, Magnum Inverter Charger, Samlex Solar, Trav'ler Sat System. Heated Tanks, R.O. Filtration, Sailun Tires**2016 F-450, Reese 25K Elite
wintertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:50 PM   #2

When we sold our RW we settled in a 55+ RV park which is about 30 minutes from anywhere, between Tucson & Casa Grande Arizona, in a modular home, a great park with great people looking after one another.
The park has an on-site cantina which like all eating establishments went to carry out only, but being the end of the snowbird season has closed. The park management with the cantina staff are now having groceries delivered through the restaurant supplier & selling to the residents at very reasonable prices, great idea, makes staying at home much easier.
There's also church service onsite on Sunday mornings that for a few weeks we met outdoors, due to Social distancing, but has since been required to stop meeting so the pastor has recorded it online. The church is affiliated with a couple larger congregations in Casa Grande that have started furnishing free fruits & vegetables to those in need & brought a pickup load to us, another blessing for us.
This is a fantastic little community. So far no one sick & very few leave during any given day. The snowbirds are about 50/50 between heading home & staying put here, not much better spot than right here to ride this out.
I feel this country is in for tough times, financially & physically, once the whole mess ends. I feel for all the young families out there that now unemployed & struggling. The small stimulus check they get won't be of much help if this doesn't end soon.
Hope all are well & this ends soon!!!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 06:15 AM   #3

Here go the popcorn side!!!!!
Do not complain there!! We came to the Philippines for the winter (wife is Phillipino), bought a house in 2018 remodeled to suite us. nuff said there
We are under a different style quaratine here, only essential things are open, NO NO to hardware stores, automotive dealers, parts houses, department stores, (some areas no alcohol sales {beer or wine included}). so only medical, Vets, drug stores and groceries/convince stores are allowed to open.. Been shut down 6 weeks and may be extended again on April 30th. Nopt allowed outside your home , must have a mask, only 1 person in a car or on motorcycle, MUST have a pass from the local subdivision/ area (Pampanaga is broken into towns {we live in Angeles City broken down into sections ours is Caypaya, and our subdivision is Metrogate). So we need to shop in Caypaya which has no grocery store so we need another pass to shop in Pandan, and if they do not have what we need then another pass to go into Balibago of to town of Angeles City. Yes it is a pain, but working to our health.
The Island of LUZON is the capitol island where Volcano TAAL just erupted. has 11million people here with only appox 6,000 infected 397 deaths, I feel safe but not in the clear and probably will not be home to the USA till July or August. God bless you all stay healthy, enjoy where you are and abide by the safety rules imposed on you for YOUR healthy. LIVE LONG TRAVEL FAR, enjoy LIFE.
Bob & MariaVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote