Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2020, 02:36 PM   #1

Gettysburg to Salt Lake City

My son and his family are moving from Alexandria VA. to Hill AFB Salt Lake City next week. We are planning to head west from Gettysburg to SLC middle of August. We are planning on traveling on interstate 70 most of the way heading north to interstate 80 from Kansas City. The main reason is to avoid the tolls on 90/80. Has anyone traveled this route? They are renting a motor home to avoid hotels and because of the 3 kids and multiple dogs/cats. He has allowed 5 days due to his report date. We are planning a couple of weeks. I am a little concerned about the trip back through the Rockies, late September early October time frame. Can we expect snow? Any advice about the route would be greatly appreciated.
robkathybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 05:09 PM   #2

Have fun on your adventure, there should not be an issue of snow that time of year, the item I am always concerned about wind, going across Wyoming. The roads are closed anytime during the year from crosswinds. I still prefer going through Wyoming on 80 versus going 70 to Utah even still though. As to the duration it depends on your plan, if you are wanting to sight see and see the country it might not be long enough, for me, my travel from Idaho to currently Florida I am trying to get from A to B, and haven’t been able to enjoy. It usually takes me 3-4 days traveling from Boise to Florida or even Idaho to Baltimore.
rod_finlayson is offline   Reply With Quote

« Florida | Rome GA »