Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2020, 02:41 AM   #1

Main slide out issue

My redwood 36rl when using the main side out they seem to operate fine for half way extended and then stop. Wait 10 to 15 seconds and then they will work again. But then will stop and have to repeat until fully extended. Retracting goes better but sometimes does the same thing? What do I need to do to cure this problem??
joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:37 PM   #2

You need to replace the undersized Auto-reset Circuit Breaker that RW installs. This has been an issue for over 20 years and Lippert has even put out a Service Notice to replace with an 80 amp breaker, either auto resetting or manual reset.
At the Rally several years ago we were having a slide issue, when the Lippert Techs came over, the very first thing they did was replace the under sized breaker before even trouble shooting our issue.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 01:58 AM   #3

Ok I will give it a try. But does the wiring support the 80amp breaker?? Thanks.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:30 PM   #4

Yes, the correct wiring is there, but for some stupid reason the MFRs still put in an undersized breaker.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:16 PM   #5

Thanks for all the help I did find the breaker and it was jumped to another 50 amp next to it and the post terminals were loose on the one. Changed both the 50 breakers and order the 80 amp auto breaker. Note I did change the fluid in the tank from 32 aw to the now recommend dextron atf. Tested the system and now works great for now. Thanks again