Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #1

We ordered our new 36RL Redwood the last of May. Our salesman told us last week when we dropped off our Montana that it should be in paint the week after July 4th. Always second guessing ourselves, I have a couple questions. When the slides are in, can you open the fridge? And what about the bathroom?!?!? Is it accessible with the slides in? All we have seen are photos & the diagram. Can't wait for it to get here! Tks, Barney & Genie in Alabama.
genietay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #2

Congrats, and hope it gets to you soon.
As to the questions: You can get into the Fridge via the Right hand door, if you have the 4 door fridge, if the 2 door model, I don't know. You can squeeze into the bathroom, we do it all the time while on the road and we're not skinny minnies. You can also get to the bedroom thru the bathroom, but you can't get into the dresser drawers as the mattress it pushing against them.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771

Congrats, and hope it gets to you soon.
As to the questions:Â* You can get into the Fridge via the Right hand door, if you have the 4 door fridge, if the 2 door model, I don't know.Â* You can squeeze into the bathroom, we do it all the time while on the road and we're not skinny minnies.Â* You can also get to the bedroom thru the bathroom, but you can't get into the dresser drawers as the mattress it pushing against them.
X2

That was one of our criteria, and also one of our worries after we ordered because you never get to see them with the slides in.

We have the Norcold that has two separate freezer compartments, but you can open both doors for access. The fridge below is all accessed through the right door. We try to put water and soda in the right door to grab on the road.

I don't know if it makes a big difference, but we also shut off the icemaker on the road because we always travel with the water pump off. I don't want the ice maker to start pulling air because it takes so long for it to re-establish itself once it gets water again.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by genietay
We ordered our new 36RL Redwood the last of May. Our salesman told us last week when we dropped off our Montana that it should be in paint the week after July 4th. Always second guessing ourselves, I have a couple questions. When the slides are in, can you open the fridge? And what about the bathroom?!?!? Is it accessible with the slides in? All we have seen are photos & the diagram. Can't wait for it to get here! Tks, Barney & Genie in Alabama.

Yes its well planed for quick stops. Congrats! We love our 36RL!
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
Site Team

Even though we turn off the water pump, our ice maker makes ice while driving down the road. I think there's pressure built up in the lines. On rough roads the ice basket slide out from under the ice maker and we have to gather the ice up for the adult beverage after a long days drive.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #6

Thanks for the info. We were camping in Destin Florida in October last year & there was a Redwood with the black & burgundy full body paint and my husband decided that's what we had to have. If that was someone on here, Thanks!! It would have been a few years down the road before we got one!!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks for the info. We were camping in Destin Florida in October last year & there was a Redwood with the black & burgundy full body paint and my husband decided that's what we had to have. If that was someone on here, Thanks!! It would have been a few years down the road before we got one!!
I hope you join our family soon
Old 06-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #8
Dan

Quote:

Glad to have you join ourfriendlygroup

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #9

I had the bathroom door installed so it opens out instead of in as I did not like the door handle slamming into the glass shower door. Especially if a guest doesnt realize that the two will meet and could potentially shatter the shower door if hit just right and hard enough. By having the door installed backwards at the factory, I cannot access my bedroom area without opening a slide out. It is a slight disadvantage to have to open the slide out up to get up front while on the road, but it sure beats the alternative in my opinion. I can only mirror the comments already posted about accessing the fridge on the right side while the slides are closed. Welcome to the club!

Old 06-22-2013, 12:59 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroute
I had the bathroom door installed so it opens out instead of in as I did not like the door handle slamming into the glass shower door. Especially if a guest doesnt realize that the two will meet and could potentially shatter the shower door if hit just right and hard enough. By having the door installed backwards at the factory, I cannot access my bedroom area without opening a slide out. It is a slight disadvantage to have to open the slide out up to get up front while on the road, but it sure beats the alternative in my opinion. I can only mirror the comments already posted about accessing the fridge on the right side while the slides are closed. Welcome to the club!
You don't have to about the door handle hitting the shower. There's an easy fix under $3. I bought a stop that sticks to the shower at Ace Hardware the day after I bought my trailer. Problem solved!
Old 06-22-2013, 02:49 AM   #11

My Dealer installed a brushed nickel door stop on the floor for the door. No worries.Edited by: atom ant
Old 06-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #12

We did similar to Dave except we put the doorstop on the bathroom door instead of the shower. There are several good options to solve the problem.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #13

We did similar to Dave except we installed it on the bathroom door instead of the shower. There are several options to address the problem. Don't know why this didn't post the last time.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #14

That is one of the greatest things about RV'ing.....options and choices! I thought about having a door stop installed, but decided I liked having the door open out to the top of the stairs better.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #15

My husband called our dealer to get a vin number for insurance yesterday. They told him unit came out of paint June 28 & was waiting on a ride to Alabama!!! Expected it any day. Yea! On pins & needles.

Question: we have had various RV's for 40 years & the only time we have used the water pump is when we were not hooked up to water. Why would u need it with city water? Thanks
Old 07-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #16

Very cool! That was an exciting day for us when we heard it got out of paint!

If you have water in your tank, you can use the water pump to get higher pressure for a shower or whatever if your city connect has really poor pressure. Other than that, there is no real reason to use the water pump.

I have used it before because the city water had very little pressure during the day, but great at night. I would fill the tank at night from the city water, then use tank water during the day.

PS - Unlike our last several campers, this water pump is whisper quiet.
Edited by: atom ant
Old 07-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #17

Well it's been 9 days since they said it was on its way & still no redwood. Called last Wednesday morning & salesman said he would call me right back. He did call 6 hours later & said they were closing & he would call me first thing next morning. At noon & 3 I called & left my name & number and have yet to receive a call back.

Hubby called the factory Monday & they called back 15 minutes later & said. It was picked up for transport that morning.

It's Thursday again & still waiting. The waiting is just so hard!!! Lol

Old 07-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #18
Site Team

Yes the waiting is hard but soon you will not be able to wipe the grin off your face!!
Old 07-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #19

Well "Big Red" finally made it home Friday!! We did our PDI Thursday they kept it over night to fix a small issue. We haven't taken it down to our site at the campground yet but hope to one day this coming week. Still trying to figure the satellite hook ups.

We think we r going to love it!!
Old 07-28-2013, 11:45 PM   #20

Woohoo !!!

How long did it take as we are in the waiting mode....
(but not sure where in the process we were interjected as they changed one that was 'in line' already to our specs)

We did get a vin number - is there somewhere online we can check the progress like we did when we ordered our Audi ?

If not, who can we call to check the status ?

thanks in advance ! and sorry for the thread hijack
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote