Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #1

Yes, its now official, we are (actually in the morning) the proud new owners of a brand new 2013 36FB full body paint Redwood. Yeaaaaaaa!!!

Our Landmark is being picked up in the morning and taken to LazyDays. We do our walk around then sign the final papers. Afterwords we get to spend the weekend in the delivery section of their RV park moving out of the LM and into the RW. Monday it gets delivered to our site at the RV resort we are full timing at. Gonna have the best look'n Fiver in the resort!!! Yes I'm biased. LOL

Old 08-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
Site Team

Congratulations on the purchase of your new Redwood. I am sure you will love it.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #3

We absolutely love our 36FB!!! It's a great plan for us.

ENJOY!

JJ
Kev n JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #4

Congratulations & enjoy your new Redwood.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:23 AM   #5

Congratulations on that new rig!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHage
Yes, its now official, we are (actually in the morning) the proud new owners of a brand new 2013 36FB full body paint Redwood. Yeaaaaaaa!!!

Our Landmark is being picked up in the morning and taken to LazyDays. We do our walk around then sign the final papers. Afterwords we get to spend the weekend in the delivery section of their RV park moving out of the LM and into the RW. Monday it gets delivered to our site at the RV resort we are full timing at. Gonna have the best look'n Fiver in the resort!!! Yes I'm biased. LOL
I have a 2013 Redwood 36FB as well, We have been in it since December 2012 and love it. You will love the big shower. You can actually get to the refrigerator, commode, bed, washer/dryer and take a shower without opening a single slide. This is great while traveling. Enjoy and Happy Camping.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
B&B

Congratulations on your new RW, you're going to love it!!! Ours is almost a year old and we continue to be amazed by how great it is!!

Old 08-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHage

You're not biased.....you are only telling the truth!! Congratulations on being part of the Redwood family. Here's to many wonderful RVing adventures!

Lady E Cooper & the Professor
TXRVProfessor&LadyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #9
lwg

Congrats. We can feel your excitement as we're picking up our 38BR at the other Lazydays, the one in Tucson. Doing our walk through this morning and starting the move this afternoon. Was difficult sleeping last night with all the anticipation.
lwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #10

And then tonight while you stay up and read EVERY SINGLE manual

Congrats to you both !!!
We tried to work with LD - but they basically dropped the ball on us...
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #11

OK, so we've spent two wonderful nights in our brand new Redwood 36FB and working on our third.
Have been crawling all over this Fiver looking for issues, and of course have found them. After all, it is a production line product (nothing ill meaning said here) isn't it.

Noted issues:
1. Can't lock deadbolt on front door from the outside.
2. Door side front hydraulic jack stand "popping" in early morning as day begins heating up then
stops for rest of the day and night.
3. Street side front amber marker lens missing.
4. Door side basement door has 6" diameter dull area in the clear coat.
5. Two water lines leaking at connection to back side of wet area and getting floor below wet. NOTE:
Checked fitting for tightness and found them to be tight.
6. Screen door hanging up on door frame at top radius when opening and closing it or both doors.
7. 70% of window screens not properly snapping into position into the window frames.
8. Shower stall bottom door track leaking water profusely onto tiled floor outside of shower. [Not
sealed].
9. Vinyl joint strip (1) on decorative interior wall covering bubbled 3/4s of length of strip.
10. Electrical wire running from under hitch side of bed base to behind slide surround trim exposed
and laying on carpet in full view.
11. Nail in carpet edge at front door sticking up almost 3/4" that has injured (punctured) bottoms
of both our feet.
12. Overhead cabinet door (1) at rear wall not latching properly.
13. Top wood piece for hand grab pull out for desk loose and angled upward at both ends.
14. Day shade and night shade on street side rear window will not lock and stay down.

These are the items we've found thus far. I would assume that by some standards ours is a relatively short list as compared to others. Plus that all of our fixes are simple. We feel that if this is all we find before hauling the Fiver home Tuesday we must have done well.

Bottom line is, we are thoroughly enjoying our new Redwood product and are hopeful for many years of enjoyment to come!

Old 08-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #12

Gary, welcome to the Redwood family. Did you check out your roof for wrinkles and seals around all fittings especially around any screwheads? Did you set up a tv to all of your connections and make sure they work? Check your surround sound, DVD player, etc. There is a fix for the popping sound. You need to add some oil to the reservoir. There is a very recent post on this issue and it provides the type oil to add. I would ask your dealer if they have a TSB from Lippert. Did you purchase your coach from Lazy Days in Seffner, FL? We did as we live in Saint Augustine, FL. Did you upgrade your wheels and tires to the 3750lb type? We had a satellite installed (Wingard automatic) works well and we have a dishwasher, also works well. BTW we have a 2012 36FL with approximately 40K miles on it. We have really given it a test run!!
Old 08-04-2013, 10:36 PM   #13

All roofing and joints looking good (main roof and slides).

TVs working well on air antenna. No cable in delivery sites to test system.

Yes we purchased at LazyDays and have been treated wonderfully here.

Currently have the super E Goodyears but plan to upgrade to the G's or better once we retire the trucking business in a year or so (sooner if my book launch goes better than expected this year).

Old 08-05-2013, 12:12 AM   #14

Welcome to the family. We also bought from Lazy Days.
Check to make sure you have 2 batteries. I didn't and only had one but 2 boxes. It was to late when I got home and finally checked. Also make sure they installed the water filter and central vac bag. Neither of ours were. Vac bag was rolled up in vac and never got a filter. Also check the routing of your front hydraulic hoses. They pull them tight from the factory and they have no protection going through the front frame. Mine blew its hose before I could do the inspection. Another thing if they reseal the shower leak tell them to only seal the outside. That way when water gets into the framework it can drain to the inside of shower instead of out and onto the floor.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #15

We only had one battery but two boxes. When we ask at our PDI were told they only come with one and if we wanted two we would need to go buy another one. When we ask why two boxes he couldn't answer.
genietay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #16

We had the same problem. They ship with one just to operate the slides. I made sure the dealer installed a second battery because I had mentioned it before I made the purchase. However when I went back and checked the batteries didn't match in rating and they replaced it again. They are again from two different companies but same rating and this comming spring I'll be and putting identical 28's from interstate battery. Larger if possible but have to see what they have that will fit the boxes.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by genietay
We only had one battery but two boxes. When we ask at our PDI were told they only come with one and if we wanted two we would need to go buy another one. When we ask why two boxes he couldn't answer.
The 2 batteries are usually part of the extra $250-$500 the dealers charge for their prep. I'd be asking the dealer why they didn't only fill one LP tank then. These coaches have too many lights and other electronic devices to only have one battery.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #18

You know.... This is a good question that I’m going to ask them at the Rally this weekend. Why if you are providing 2 battery boxes, Why are we only getting one? And if that is the way they sell them why isn’t the second battery offered as a option if both battery’s are not supplied?

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #19

Very few if any of your RV manufacturers put in two batteries. Some don't put any in at all. The only reason any of them put a battery in is so your breakaway switch will function. A friend of mine who is a retired bus driver hauls campers out of the Elkhart area from different manufacturers. He carry's a battery with him so if it doesn't have a battery he has one to put in. He takes it out when he gets to the dealer. I think the battery situation is something that has to be taken up with your dealer.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #20

I agree with Dave, your dealer should provide you with a second battery upon request. Our dealer did not add a second battery on there own, I had to request a second battery and they responded by immediately installing a second battery. Most dealers have margins either via a sale price or dealer prep charge to cover the cost of a second battery. In order to keep my batteries fresh while I was storing my unit I installed a 50 watt solar panel, which I just sit on the roof when stored and remove when traveling.