Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2015, 02:34 PM   #141

I think all shipments of parts now have to go through the Dealer. The Dealer can then ship out to you as an option (their option more or less).
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:27 PM   #142

I don't recall anytime that anyone I know tried to scam RW out of parts, but I'm not to sure about some dealers. I don't understand the parts shipment deal??
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:01 PM   #143

I don't know what their reasoning was, but its one of the questions that will be asked of them at the Rally with some explanation of why its a hardship for the owners.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
Picked up our BRAND SPANKING NEW 2016 39MB a month ago with a few minor issue(s), one of which I took care of myself already (misaligned power reel cord access door). Still awaiting word from Redwood thru dealer for a replacement defective(broken) dining table chair & replacement defective kitchen island light. Redwood requested "DETAILED" (according to dealer) photos of the chair before they could ship the chair........... Do they actually think that I'm wasting my time fabricating a story that the chair is broken ? Why not ship the replacement chair immediately to maintain customer satisfaction ???
Rosey,
I am really sorry for the hassle you have had while trying to get a new chair! Making the replacement process easier for customers is definitely a conversation that will be a priority at this year's owner's rally.

Please know that Redwood's customer service process was originally put in place in an attempt to benefit not only the customer, but to be fair to the dealer and Redwood as a business. They ask photo verification for almost all customer service requests, because it is difficult to draw lines in the sand when it comes to which circumstances must be verified, and which do not. That does not mean it is a perfect process, but just wanted to explain what happens.
As a company, we have SO much room for growth and improvement. Please don't stop believing in us or giving us feedback. It is the only way we can know how to serve you better! (We also hope to see you at the Rally this fall, where there are forums so we can glean more of this info from you guys :-))

Thanks,
Christian
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 04:21 PM   #145

I will say I have never been refused parts or Warranty from Redwood when I send pictures to the Dealer.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:50 PM   #146

Quality control is vested in the first owner regardless of the manufacturer.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:18 PM   #147

I had parts sent to our dealer and they then refused to send on to us. Told us it was required that we bring the RV back in and have the work done by them. I dropped by the RV dealer one day and talked to the owner. He had the service guy get the parts and hand them to me. When I got home I opened the box there were parts in the box that did not even match our RV they were for a different model. The parts I needed were in the box also. Talked to RW and she told me all the parts were ordered for our RV. Thinking the Dealer needed some parts and RW did not Verify that they would fit our model. Who is scamming who
Old 06-16-2015, 05:23 PM   #148

I think there is a lot of scamming that goes on in dealerships/service centers. I remember years ago in our SOB 5er... we took it in for a leaky shower, and the service department asked us to sign a BLANK work order! There was NOTHING on it. THAT is bad. They could have added all kinds of "services" they performed and billed the manufacturer! I am not saying they did, I have no idea. But it sure looked fishy. I have no doubt that it is because of this kind of thing that RW asks for a "picture" of the broken item. Do you blame them? It's good policy. I also think they should conduct "audits" where they call the customer and ask them what work they had done and compare that with what they were billed for. Might be enlightening. The auto industry does this all the time. They call it a "satisfaction survey" but it's more than that... they are verifying.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:54 AM   #149
S&K

I have sent numerous pictures to the dealer for different 'fixes', so they could forward them on to RW. I think it was more for 'verification' of a part' than it was for any other reason. Our window leaked on our street side bedroom window during rain that 'hit' that window directly. A half-dozen pictures later and the dealer was able to install the right window gasket supplied by RW. The original gasket had a very long cut in it that allowed water to leak into the unit.

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:20 PM   #150

The parts issue is one of the reasons I am considering Landmark. They ship parts directly from the factory to the owner as well as allow warranty work to be done by non Landmark repair facilities. This is huge for a full timer.

If Heartland can do this so can Redwood.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:48 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Guy View Post
The parts issue is one of the reasons I am considering Landmark. They ship parts directly from the factory to the owner as well as allow warranty work to be done by non Landmark repair facilities. This is huge for a full timer.

If Heartland can do this so can Redwood.
Plus...they still offer 2+5 year warranty as standard I believe
Old 06-17-2015, 03:17 PM   #152

Yes, Landmark is making some tantalizing improvements... Quality of Life for fulltimers MUST BE A PRIORITY. Not being able to get service in a reasonable manner is HUGEEEE for us. It restricts our lifestyle and our ability to travel and do what fulltimers do. Sort of a BASIC concern and will be a deal breaker for us. Cannot live in a broken RV, and should not be asked to suffer for weeks waiting for a service appointment and then have to babysit the whole process because it is so frequently botched. UNACCEPTABLE. Let's hope they are making strides here that we haven't heard about yet.

Of course, when you are out of warranty, it's a whole other story, I guess.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 03:36 PM   #153

Yes, Landmark still offers the 2+5 warranty

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:21 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanyLife View Post
Yes, Landmark is making some tantalizing improvements... Quality of Life for fulltimers MUST BE A PRIORITY. Not being able to get service in a reasonable manner is HUGEEEE for us. It restricts our lifestyle and our ability to travel and do what fulltimers do. Sort of a BASIC concern and will be a deal breaker for us. Cannot live in a broken RV, and should not be asked to suffer for weeks waiting for a service appointment and then have to babysit the whole process because it is so frequently botched. UNACCEPTABLE. Let's hope they are making strides here that we haven't heard about yet.

Of course, when you are out of warranty, it's a whole other story, I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Guy View Post
Yes, Landmark still offers the 2+5 warranty

I hope you guys are planning to come to the Redwood Owners Rally this year. We can pass these concerns to our upper management for sure...but it means so much coming directly from YOU! Especially in the forum setting with our president, you have SUCH a platform to make these concerns heard and know that they are being addressed!

Plus we'd just like to meet you. That too.
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:08 PM   #155

Our friends bought a new LM just over a year ago. They've had a few issues and Heartland has been great on warranty and yes he has had parts sent to him and a mobile rv tech comes out to do the work. All covered by Heartland warranty. Remember, Tom Montague is at LM and I believe he is over design. I was told that his targets are RW and DRV.
Thumper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:29 PM   #156

I think it was Tom we talked to at the Dallas RV show... he TRIED to get us into a LM and that one with the ceiling treatments separating the Living room from the kitchen was STUNNING !
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:39 PM   #157

Yes, Tom was at the Dallas show. The LM you're talking about is a Charleston. In our opinion, the kitchen/living area are the best we've seen. The bedroom dresser is where it falls short. We thought they should have done the armoire in there.
Thumper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:22 AM   #158

With a production of May 2013, I believe we got one of the last Tom Montague Redwoods.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:09 AM   #159

I met Tom Montague at the Tampa RV show last January at the Heartland Display, interesting guy
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:29 PM   #160

Tom is the reason I purchased a Redwood. I was doing my research and had narrowed my selection down to 3. I called Redwood to talkto someone about some of my concerns and I was connected to Tom who discussed their history and why certain product were selected over others and he was very enthusiastic about his product. He answered all my questions and after nearly 45 minutes on the phone, never once told me he had to go. That personal connection ended up with me purchasing a new 2013 Redwood 31SL. I was very sorry to see him leave but in Jim Lazzarino has stepped up to the plate and helped me through some issues. So far, Kudos to Redwood.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote