Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2020, 07:59 PM   #1

washer & dryer for 3991RD

Hello everyone. We are looking to install (ourselves) a washer & dryer in our 2018 Redwood 3991RD. From how we measure, we cannot find a unit that will work. Are we measuring wrong and is some some type of modifications that we will have to do to the bedroom closet to get the units to fit? We are scratching our heads. Called our dealer and they suggested to call Crossroads. We called Crossroads & they suggested calling our dealer. Does anyone out there have a washer/dryer unit in their front closet that you could take a pic so we can see how they are placed. We greatly appreciate any help/direction.
bker60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 12:57 PM   #2

We don't have the 3991 so I am sorry can't help with an actual picture, but have you tried searching for used 2018 3991's for sale to see if any of them have a W/D installed and maybe get a picture that way? I know I do that sometimes with ours to see what the factory may or may not have done on installs....RV Trader or google?
Wolfyukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 01:08 AM   #3

Thank you so much for your reply. I have been searching RV dealer web sites to find a 2018 3991 RD with a washer dryer and come up empty handed. I think that is weird that not one is shown out there with a washer & dryer unit in it. Maybe that should be our sign Again, thanks for your guidance.
Old 08-26-2020, 01:28 AM   #4

Sorry, I tried RVTrader and could not find one either... wish you all the best
Old 08-26-2020, 01:30 AM   #5

I doubt that you'll find many units on a Dealer's Lot with a washer & Dryer, unless it's a trade-in. It's just not an option a Dealer would normally stock. If they have a Customer that wants a unit they have in stock, but want a washer & dryer the Dealer would add it at that time.
Ours came from the Factory with a washer & dryer, but we custom ordered our unit.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 02:00 AM   #6

you get an A for effort!
Old 08-27-2020, 03:13 PM   #7

I found a 2018 3991 thru RVT.com (used) that shows the closet and W/D hookups. It looks like , from the picture , the unit sits right in front of the connections, on the floor. You lose the use of the shelves that are built in. Would think a combo unit would work fine sitting on the floor, front facing out away from connections.
Old 11-11-2021, 05:38 PM   #8

Has anyone found info on the 3991RD washer & dryer? I measured and got a dimension of 22" --and I can't find ANYTHING that will fit in that space. Is there some specialized apartment unit that I"m not aware of? Any help is appreciated.
KevInCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 03:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfyukon View Post
I found a 2018 3991 thru RVT.com (used) that shows the closet and W/D hookups. It looks like , from the picture , the unit sits right in front of the connections, on the floor. You lose the use of the shelves that are built in. Would think a combo unit would work fine sitting on the floor, front facing out away from connections.
Totally agree with you on the loss of space. I don't have a 3991, but do have a 38GK and installing a washer/dryer combo is one of several upgrades I am planning on doing over the winter. I do believe if your going to use the washer dryer a lot then a stackable would probably be a better choice, but for the few times I would be using the washer dryer a combo would work for me.
2015 Polaris RZR 900
danrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 01:46 PM   #10

I did a bit of more research--in 2019 RW moved the Washer/Dryer to the other side of the bathroom into a separate W/D closet w/door. This tells me there was probably a significant issue with the 2018 models being insufficient to hold a washer/dryer, and this was their correction.
KevInCT is offline   Reply With Quote