Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2022, 02:13 AM   #1

Tire rim

So, I recently lost a tire/rim and have been searching for a new rim. Not having the best of luck with finding one as of yet. Thought just maybe someone has replaced their stock rims with different ones and would like to sell one. Worth a shot.
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220611_141547.jpg (183.6 KB, 10 views)
danrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 10:54 PM   #2

where are you located? I have 3 wheels that are OEM takes offs , they are not perfect . They where on our trailer until spring of 2019 , since then they have been under plastic outside. We are located in Foxboro MA. 02035

A friend of mine borrowed the 4 wheel and tire a few years ago for a 2nd spare, hasnt been returned.....
Old 06-16-2022, 02:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCMARK View Post
where are you located? I have 3 wheels that are OEM takes offs , they are not perfect . They where on our trailer until spring of 2019 , since then they have been under plastic outside. We are located in Foxboro MA. 02035

A friend of mine borrowed the 4 wheel and tire a few years ago for a 2nd spare, hasnt been returned.....
XCMark,
Thanks for your reply. Are these 16 inch rims? Are you able to send any pictures? What would you want for one of them?
I lost the tire in Wyoming and I contacted the DOT guys there and they said they would keep an eye out for my tire. I am going to give them a week. After that I will have to look at my other options. And right now, you may be my other option.....no pressure
We live pretty far apart, I'm in Colorado Springs, CO. So coming to get it isn't going to work, and I don't know if you would be willing, or have the time to ship it.
Of course I would pay for the rim and shipping if you could ship it.

Thanks,
Dan
2015 Polaris RZR 900
Old 06-17-2022, 02:41 AM   #4

XC Mark, I may also be interested in one of your wheels if they are 16" dia. My rig is one yr older than yours, and my wheels are different than Dan's, and impossible to find so far. So I'm hoping that your wheels are the same as mine (sorry Dan). (Sendel rim?) If you could post a pic of yours, we'd both appreciate it greatly! Thanks in advance.
Actually, either way, I'm interested. I'm not a fan of the blah steel wheel that I have as a spare.

Bob
Langenhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 02:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langenhammer View Post
XC Mark, I may also be interested in one of your wheels if they are 16" dia. My rig is one yr older than yours, and my wheels are different than Dan's, and impossible to find so far. So I'm hoping that your wheels are the same as mine (sorry Dan). (Sendel rim?) If you could post a pic of yours, we'd both appreciate it greatly! Thanks in advance.
Actually, either way, I'm interested. I'm not a fan of the blah steel wheel that I have as a spare.

Bob
Hey Bob,
You are so right about these rims being so hard to find. Mine are called, Lynx Aluminum Wheels. I actually found them, but this company only sold 17.5, not 16's.
Well, looks like you and I are in Redwood rim lotto. Are they Sendel, or are they Lynx???
May the best man win
2015 Polaris RZR 900
Old 06-17-2022, 02:59 AM   #6

Hahaha, I think XCMark is gonna give us the silent treatment for a while, make us sweat a little. I don't have any problem sweating, I live in Phx.. Hot as H-E double hockey sticks today! Good luck bud.

Bob
Langenhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 03:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Hahaha, I think XCMark is gonna give us the silent treatment for a while, make us sweat a little. I don't have any problem sweating, I live in Phx.. Hot as H-E double hockey sticks today! Good luck bud.

Bob
Good luck to you too my friend....stay cool!!
2015 Polaris RZR 900
Old 06-17-2022, 02:57 PM   #8

Fellows, we have a very early 2016, built in March of 2015. I got two replacement rims under warranty because of pin holes in the rim. I got the replacements from Lionshead Tire and Wheel (https://www.lionsheadtireandwheel.com/) as there were the Redwood wheel supplier in that time frame.
You might want to try them and see what you can find.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 03:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
Fellows, we have a very early 2016, built in March of 2015. I got two replacement rims under warranty because of pin holes in the rim. I got the replacements from Lionshead Tire and Wheel (https://www.lionsheadtireandwheel.com/) as there were the Redwood wheel supplier in that time frame.
You might want to try them and see what you can find.
Mhs4771,
Thanks for your input. I did find the rim I needed on Lionshead , but was told they only had 17.5 not 16. I put a call out to them to verify this, but haven't received a call back as of yet.
Thanks
Dan
Old 06-17-2022, 09:12 PM   #10

I kind of forgot that, we ordered with the 8K axles and 17.5 wheels with GY G114 G tires.
I know they were easy to work with on warranty. Just sent pics of the soap bubbles coming out of the center of the rim and received a replacement a few days latter.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 01:00 AM   #11

Quote:

Bob
No I have not been on the site or checking emails for a few days. Work has been eating up all my free time and brain cells are just plain done at the end of the day. I will get a photo over the weekend and post it. I would say the last time I looked at the wheels they are about 7 on a scale of 1-10. They looked like the clear coat has hair line cracks, still hold air fine.
Old 06-18-2022, 11:33 PM   #12

Might want to consider upgrading all wheels and tires to 17.5. Hi Spec makes great looking wheels. If your tires are approaching 5 years old, they need to be replaced. Sailun 637 in 17.5 are relatively cheap. Do it all at the same time. Much more load carrying capacity with the 17.5. Use the Sailun air pressure chart to determine how much air pressure you need, based on your campers weight. Tires are rated at 125 psi, but I only need to run 100 psi based on my camper weight. Then install a TPMS
dave737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 02:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737 View Post
Might want to consider upgrading all wheels and tires to 17.5. Hi Spec makes great looking wheels. If your tires are approaching 5 years old, they need to be replaced. Sailun 637 in 17.5 are relatively cheap. Do it all at the same time. Much more load carrying capacity with the 17.5. Use the Sailun air pressure chart to determine how much air pressure you need, based on your campers weight. Tires are rated at 125 psi, but I only need to run 100 psi based on my camper weight. Then install a TPMS
dave737,
I replaced all the tires with Sailun 637 a few months ago, So I am kind of vested with my 16 inch rims for now. I have them at 100psi and I do use a TPMS. But thanks for your input.
2015 Polaris RZR 900
Old 06-19-2022, 02:59 AM   #14

Quote:
No I have not been on the site or checking emails for a few days. Work has been eating up all my free time and brain cells are just plain done at the end of the day. I will get a photo over the weekend and post it. I would say the last time I looked at the wheels they are about 7 on a scale of 1-10. They looked like the clear coat has hair line cracks, still hold air fine.
Thanks XCMark. If I'm able to use one of your rims would you be willing/have the time to ship it? I'm not in a big hurry, just want to eventual get my RW back up to normal again.
Thanks,
Dan
2015 Polaris RZR 900
Old 06-19-2022, 09:24 PM   #15

Here is a photo of the wheel, I haven't washed it so it looks worse then it is. Shipping something this size and weight isn't cheap. I would suggest a set of 17.5" x 7 widewheels also
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220618_122110.jpg (225.1 KB, 9 views)
XCMARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 11:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Here is a photo of the wheel, I haven't washed it so it looks worse then it is. Shipping something this size and weight isn't cheap. I would suggest a set of 17.5" x 7 widewheels also
XCMark,
Thanks for picture. Do you have an idea how much the rim weights. I see that you still have tires on them. Do they all have tires mounted on them? I would just want the rim.
I just bought all new tires a few months ago, so it would be a little costly to buy 4 new 17.5 rims and new tires. I am still trying to get a reply from Lionshead, but they have yet to return any of my calls. So, my options are getting slim, other than just settling for another 16 inch that somewhat matches.
Thanks
2015 Polaris RZR 900