Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2021, 12:58 AM   #1

Sprayed on roofing

Hello all, I am curious if anyone on here has any experience with having a sprayed on roof installed on their RW or another rv of some kind. While traveling along the Columbia river a couple weeks ago, fighting a massive head wind, my rubber roof membrane was destroyed. And now State Farm is fighting paying for the repairs, saying that just wind could not have done this kind of damage. (wonder if they tell that to people when a tornado destroys their house...) Anyway I am thinking about getting a sprayed on roof that they say is indestructible. I have a local rv repair/roofing place here in the Phoenix area that does it, I think it's made by the "RV Seal" company. Thanks in advance.

Bob
Langenhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 05:11 AM   #2

RV Armor comes to you to apply & are guaranteed for life with warranty being transferable to next owner.
There's another company, not sure of the name, but if I recall they have you bring the rig to them.
Whether insurance pays or you pay out of pocket I'd definitely do the "warrantied for life" product rather than the same ole roof.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:21 PM   #3

Check out rv roof.com
andoverrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 06:49 PM   #4

Thank you all for the helpful info. I have filled out the online requests for a quote, and hopefully we'll see what they have to say this week. Thanks again.

Bob
Old 07-31-2021, 04:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langenhammer View Post
Hello all, I am curious if anyone on here has any experience with having a sprayed on roof installed on their RW or another rv of some kind. While traveling along the Columbia river a couple weeks ago, fighting a massive head wind, my rubber roof membrane was destroyed. And now State Farm is fighting paying for the repairs, saying that just wind could not have done this kind of damage. (wonder if they tell that to people when a tornado destroys their house...) Anyway I am thinking about getting a sprayed on roof that they say is indestructible. I have a local rv repair/roofing place here in the Phoenix area that does it, I think it's made by the "RV Seal" company. Thanks in advance.

Bob
We have a replacement sprayed on roof that was done by DFW RV Roof Armor in Denton Texas. Ask for John (you don’t have to, but if you do get them to put a new roof on, they have a referral program). So with the new roof it’s quieter in the rain because of the thickness, lifetime warranty, stronger roof, they stripped the entire roof and put everything back on much more securely than the factory, new vent covers, and they even removed and remounted my satellite dish, and lastly my air conditioner doesn’t have to work as hard because it adds a little extra barrier against the sun and the camper doesn’t heat up as much. I highly recommend it. We have a 42’ 2018 3991RD that measured 39 linear feet. They base the price off linear feet that they spray. It ended up being just a tad over $7000 for ours.

Kelly Miller
kmiller75771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiller75771 View Post
We have a replacement sprayed on roof that was done by DFW RV Roof Armor in Denton Texas. Ask for John (you don’t have to, but if you do get them to put a new roof on, they have a referral program). So with the new roof it’s quieter in the rain because of the thickness, lifetime warranty, stronger roof, they stripped the entire roof and put everything back on much more securely than the factory, new vent covers, and they even removed and remounted my satellite dish, and lastly my air conditioner doesn’t have to work as hard because it adds a little extra barrier against the sun and the camper doesn’t heat up as much. I highly recommend it. We have a 42’ 2018 3991RD that measured 39 linear feet. They base the price off linear feet that they spray. It ended up being just a tad over $7000 for ours.

Kelly Miller
I can second the comments regarding DFW RV Roof Armor in Denton. I had damaged my roof by a tree branch and after my insurance agent met with the DFW Roof guys, they agreed to have my roof sprayed, as opposed to being patched. I was absolutely thrilled to be able to guarantee my roof from any future leaks for the life of the RV. Whether you get your insurance company to pay it, or you have to make up the difference, you can't go wrong with these guys. They are tops in my book.
sbenhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:28 PM   #7

I will also add to the sprayed on roof and KMiller did a good job of highlighting the extra benefits of the work that is done to prepare for the application. For me I drove from central Illinois down to Mississippi to Dependable Rv Services just outside of Jackson. I still came out money ahead as there was almost $2000 difference in price from what my local rv dealer priced to put a "rubber" roof back on vs the rv flex armor.
My roof, like langenhammer started to de-laminate after pulling against some big winds driving to kansas. State Farm did not cover mine as they deemed it manufacturer defect, but I had not lost it yet either. The extended warranty I purchased has a clause in it for de-lamination not being covered as well.

I arrived at the shop at 8:00 a.m. Monday and I was driving back to Illinois by 9:00 a.m. Wednesday. The rv technician stated that there was not much glue applied to hold the roof as they were able to peel it off in one chunk.
There are more rv flex armor dealers now than they were a few years ago so the franchise is growing.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:42 AM   #8

Thank you all for the replies. It's funny that KMiller mentions John Fisher w/ DFW Rv Roof. He also has a new location in Prescott, Az. which is about 90 miles north of where I live in Gilbert, Az. (suburb of Phx). Anyway, I took my RV to him this past week and it should be done this week. I was very impressed with the operation, he and his crew seem to be very competent at this process. John is very communicative and has sent me pics of the progress on my RV. I"m expecting to be very happy when I pick it up this week. Now if I could just get the same service from State Farm, I've been a loyal customer of theirs for close to 30 yrs, insuring my RV, truck, wife's Yukon, Polaris RZR, and my house. It's quite frustrating that they are telling me that just wind couldn't do that damage and that it must've been a pre-existing condition even tho they never did any kind of inspection of the RV in any way when I added it to our policy. Guess it's time for a new insurance company unfortunately. Thanks again everyone.

Bob