Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2022, 06:37 PM   #1

Exclamation Schematic for 2016 36RL

NEED A Schematic for 2016 36 RL Crossroads/Keystone Redwood. We have a problem with our driver's side slide (dinning room/recliner side) and have NOT been able to get any support from Keystone. Lippert has been a huge help but would also need the the schematic for the slide. We are working with a certified shop but they too are having a problem getting the schematics...hoping someone here can help. Many thanks.
Bogey3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 07:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey3025 View Post
NEED A Schematic for 2016 36 RL Crossroads/Keystone Redwood. We have a problem with our driver's side slide (dinning room/recliner side) and have NOT been able to get any support from Keystone. Lippert has been a huge help but would also need the the schematic for the slide. We are working with a certified shop but they too are having a problem getting the schematics...hoping someone here can help. Many thanks.
You won't find any schematics for your Redwood, they are considered proprietary information.
Even if you were to find a set it's 50/50 chance your particular unit was built to those specs, too much turnover with untrained personnel & too much rush to get the completed units out the door.
This is not unique to Redwood/Crossroads/Thor, but typically all rv manufacturers.
If you post your slide issue here others may have had the same & can offer a helpful solution.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 07:08 PM   #3

There's 1 item I'd suggest checking. The circuit breaker to the hydraulic pump, is it a 50 amp or 80 amp? If it's a 50 amp Lippert has had a service bulletin to change it to an 80 amp if your pump is starting/stopping during slide operation. I know several that have had this issue, this cured the problem, not only on Redwoods.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 01:27 AM   #4

Update: Actually, Keystone has sent 7 different ones to our repair shop. New they need to figure out which one is for our rig.
Old 03-07-2022, 01:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
There's 1 item I'd suggest checking. The circuit breaker to the hydraulic pump, is it a 50 amp or 80 amp? If it's a 50 amp Lippert has had a service bulletin to change it to an 80 amp if your pump is starting/stopping during slide operation. I know several that have had this issue, this cured the problem, not only on Redwoods.
I have been doing a lot of upgrades this winter , I have verified that the hydraulic pump does draw just over 60 amps when its leveling or pushing the large slides out. Heavy oil and cold weather could easy push it close to 70 amps .
Old 03-14-2022, 05:59 PM   #6

Wrong schematic for a 36RL

Quote:
Update: Actually, Keystone has sent 7 different ones to our repair shop. Now they need to figure out which one is for our rig.
Unfortunately, all the information provided did not apply to our 36RL. We have two different Keystone dealers trying to help.
LCI has been amazing, they are also trying to help.
Old 03-14-2022, 10:31 PM   #7

I have two questions:
1) How did you get a reversed 36RL Floor Plan since the Dining/Recliner is on the Curb Side, at least it was on our '12 36RL
2) What kind of problems, maybe someone here has had a similar problem and could offer suggestions.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 10:56 PM   #8

Sorry.. I corrected the original post, not sure it didn't work..it should have said passenger side. The arm under the side has a slight bend, the back of the slide bottom stays out abut 1/2 inch. Parts can't be ordered without the necessary schematic.
Old 03-14-2022, 11:47 PM   #9

What you need are the Drawing/Part Numbers from Lippert on the Thru the Frame Slide system. We blew the spur gear on the gear packs and using that info ordered replacement parts from Lippert.
Sounds to me like someone is just giving you the run-a-round.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 08:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Sorry.. I corrected the original post, not sure it didn't work..it should have said passenger side. The arm under the side has a slight bend, the back of the slide bottom stays out abut 1/2 inch. Parts can't be ordered without the necessary schematic.
Sure sounds like a relatively easy fix, the front and rear arms can get out of sync if something get between the slide and the wall as it comes I or out causing the rack and pinion gear to jump one or two teeth. This will cause the front or the back of the slide to be 1/2 > 3/4" from being in tight and the far end is tight against the wall. It's VERY hard to bend a 2x3 box tube with just moving the slide in and out .
XCMARK is offline   Reply With Quote