Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2020, 04:40 PM   #1

Rear Camera -- Pulling Wiring Harness

I just went whole hog with a yaw, camera and TPMS system from Nichols Manufacturing to hook up my 2017 RW3901MB to my 2020 F350. The Redwood has the camera mount up at the top, but as I understand it, I will need to pull the camera wiring harness up to the front of the camper. I haven't done any looking as the camper is in storage, but planning to get started next weekend. Anyone have any tips/advice?
Scraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 04:29 PM   #2

Fishtaped wire down the rear cap using the top clearance lamp hole. Then attached pvc electrical conduit to the frame heading forward to the forward compartment and up into the front following the trailer lighting harness to the junction box on the pinbox. Mounted the plug on the box and the other plug near the trailer plug in the bed of the truck.
Sorry no photos, the camera came with 50ft of wire for the trailer (36FB @ 38'11") it was long enough.

P.S. conduit was only on th under belly frame, I didn't run conduit in the compartments.

Paul
Paul and Holly is offline   Reply With Quote