Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2022, 06:52 PM   #1
CLR

No Power In RV

Our Redwood RV is approximately 10 years old. We live in it full time on our property. A couple of days ago, the lights suddenly stopped working but the TV's, microwave, and electrical outlets still worked. Until I could get a day off in order to try to figure out what was going on with the lights, my wife bought 3 or 4 Hyper Tough 2500 Lumen LED Alum. Corded Work Lights and plugged those into the outlets in the living/dining room. Initially, things seemed to be fine but after we ran the microwave for about the 3rd time, suddenly all of the power went out in the RV. I checked the breaker switches in the RV and outside and they are not tripped. We are going on night 3 of no power so I"m hoping someone in this forum will be able to suggest some things I can look at to start troubleshooting the power issue. I don't have very much experience with an RV electric panel. Thanks for the help!!
CLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 12:25 PM   #2

The same thing happened to us, a while back,; and it was our converter. it's down by the breaker box in our 2014 RW. we ordered one on Amazon and got it within a few days.
ricknnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 04:55 PM   #3
CLR

Thanks! I’ll check that out. I appreciate the help!
CLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 02:56 AM   #4
Lee

Maybe the transfer switch?
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 08:28 PM   #5

two most common cause for ALL the power to be out in the camper are.
#1 -50 amp shore power roll up cord reel failing, there are copper rings with carbon brushes much like an old pistol drill when you see the motor sparking and burning up.

#2 - When a trailer has generator prep of is equipped with a factory install generator there is a automatic transfer switch (typicly in the front basement mounted high) that controls the power from the shore power cord or the generator. Some times the contactor inside the box burns up and drops a leg or cause the neutral to open and that can lead to smoking all your 120v powered devices.... Power converter , microwave , refrigerator , TV , AC units ECT.