Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2021, 03:20 PM   #1

No 12 volt power when shore power is off

We have a 2015 RW 39MB. Batteries are in good condition. Inverter works when shore power is off to keep the refrigerator running. When shore power is disconnected no 12 V works in the coach. There’s no 12 V to the panel. When the shore power is reconnected everything works as it should. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate it.
RickF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 04:20 PM   #2

Sound like you Battery Disconnect switch is in the wrong position or has died.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 04:36 PM   #3

Than for your reply. Battery disconnect is correct, I never thought of the switch itself going bad. I will check that.
Switch turns test light on and off but will replace it anyway.
Old 05-31-2021, 07:09 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Check the fuses and breakers inside the convertor that is what feeds the 12v when unplugged
Invertor is only for the fridge
Old 05-31-2021, 09:45 PM   #5

If it's not the fuses in the Converter, start checking the Circuit Breaker in the battery compartment. Possible the Auto-reset breaker that feeds the distribution panel may have failed.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
Old 06-01-2021, 01:15 AM   #6

What is “converter”? Trace the wires from the bus bar all the way to the main fuse panel turn the left of the door as your exit. Is that the converter? If so all of those fuses are good.
The only fuse I saw on the battery compartment is large maybe like 140 A. It’s straight in on the back wall the battery compartment. It’s fine. All the connections on the bus bar, battery, etc. are tight. Grounds are good.
Any help you can send my way about the auto reset breaker location would be appreciated.

Really appreciate you answering and help.
Old 06-01-2021, 01:47 AM   #7

Thanks for your reply. No power to the panel. No issues with inverter.
Old 06-01-2021, 06:36 PM   #8

Clarification

Learning as I read.

~ Are all the fuses located for the converter the same as what I see in the distribution panel?
~ If I need to find the converter do you know the location?
~ can you point me to the auto reset fuse that feeds the distribution panel?
~ it’s my understanding there could be 50 amp breaker‘s behind the bus bar. Can you explain behind the bus bar?

Any help would be greatly appreciate it. I can’t seem to find any of this online.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:07 PM   #9

Not trying be a smart a##, but from your comments & questions I believe you'd be better off finding a mobile rv tech or an electrician to come sort out your issues due to your extreme lack of electrical knowledge before you get hurt or damage something further.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 10:34 PM   #10

Nice of you to reply but I do not see any answers to my questions contained within it. Since you don’t know me it would be best if you kept your assessments to yourself in the future.
Old 06-02-2021, 01:32 AM   #11

No one is trying to be offensive, but the questions such as "What is converter" show that you have no knowledge of RV electronics and run the risk of electrocuting your self.
So the advise to request professional is very sound advise.
Old 06-02-2021, 01:51 AM   #12

Sir, the question was meant to say where the converter. Or where are the fuses or breakers for it. Not here to defend my knowledge just asking questions. You read a lot into one question. This is an issue with faceless internet gurus. RV and boat owner 40 years, Civil Engineer and General Contractor. Apparently since I do not know the battery compartment in detail on a Redwood 39MB makes have no knowledge. So be it, thanks for what help you did offer. I do appreciate that. I ask that if you have no answers please do not reply.
Old 06-02-2021, 02:40 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickF View Post
Sir, the question was meant to say where the converter. Or where are the fuses or breakers for it. Not here to defend my knowledge just asking questions. You read a lot into one question. This is an issue with faceless internet gurus. RV and boat owner 40 years, Civil Engineer and General Contractor. Apparently since I do not know the battery compartment in detail on a Redwood 39MB makes have no knowledge. So be it, thanks for what help you did offer. I do appreciate that. I ask that if you have no answers please do not reply.
Rest assured any questions, comments or other postings from you in the future will fall on deaf ears as far as I'm concerned!!!!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 10:54 AM   #14

Thank you,
Old 06-02-2021, 02:03 PM   #15

I really don't want to "pile on" but.......

you asked - " What is “converter”?

THAT statement tells US that you are better to call a professional then do it yourself... We are just here to TRY and help folks with issues, and help protect some from doing stuff they shouldn't. . .
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 02:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
I really don't want to "pile on" but.......

you asked - " What is “converter”?

THAT statement tells US that you are better to call a professional then do it yourself... We are just here to TRY and help folks with issues, and help protect some from doing stuff they shouldn't. . .
I appreciate your concern for my well-being, all good.
Do you happen to know where the breakers are located in the battery compartment? My wiring diagram shows 3 of them attached to the main buss but that’s not the case on my unit. We are Boondock a substantial distance off the grid. Any specific information you could provide would be helpful.
Old 06-02-2021, 03:11 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickF View Post
I appreciate your concern for my well-being, all good.
Do you happen to know where the breakers are located in the battery compartment? My wiring diagram shows 3 of them attached to the main buss but that’s not the case on my unit. We are Boondock a substantial distance off the grid. Any specific information you could provide would be helpful.
Rick, I am not 100% sure as my pacemaker makes me avoid any electrical work.. I can also say that since owning 2 Redwoods, I have not had the need to locate them, so , NO I cannot help with the location.
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:57 PM   #18

Thank you.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Rick, I am not 100% sure as my pacemaker makes me avoid any electrical work.. I can also say that since owning 2 Redwoods, I have not had the need to locate them, so , NO I cannot help with the location.
FYI Just in case anyone finds the need there are 3 50A and 1 30 A under the buss bar on 39MB.

Thanks to everyone who helped on the private messages finding them.
Old 06-05-2021, 04:10 PM   #20

Triggers

Be sure the trigger is set to on in the On Command center.
Under setup menu.
Andypar is offline   Reply With Quote