Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2021, 12:02 AM   #1

Help

Hi all
I am new to the site and I need help I have a 2014 Redwood and my carbon Monixide propane detactor keeps beeping. I know there is no battery so I was hoping someone could help me to explain how to shut if off. And how to fix it.
nlg1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:57 AM   #2
Site Team

May be time to replace it.
Old 01-21-2021, 05:45 PM   #3

As the above post states....most probable time to replace....there is active elements in the unit that gradually fail and no longer do their job...life span of these units is 5-7 years (7 years is a stretch)....thankfully they have a fail safe in them that alerts owners when they are at "end of life" and need to be replaced..
(the beeping )...
This is all.....assuming you don't have high Carbon Mon. or propane fumes present in your coach....
2015 38RL, Full Body Paint, Slide in Slide, full Laundry, RV Fridge, 5.5 Onan, Magnum Inverter Charger, Samlex Solar, Trav'ler Sat System. Heated Tanks, R.O. Filtration, Sailun Tires**2016 F-450, Reese 25K Elite
wintertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 05:47 PM   #4

To shut it off.....until you get a replacement....there should be a fuse in the power input of the unit ....located just behind the detector....
2015 38RL, Full Body Paint, Slide in Slide, full Laundry, RV Fridge, 5.5 Onan, Magnum Inverter Charger, Samlex Solar, Trav'ler Sat System. Heated Tanks, R.O. Filtration, Sailun Tires**2016 F-450, Reese 25K Elite
wintertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 08:06 PM   #5

It could also indicate the rv batteries are on their way out, the detector is hardwired directly to the batteries. If the batteries are the original '14 models it's time for replacements, 5 years is typically the lifespan as I stated in the other post you started on the he same subject.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 08:23 PM   #6

I would agree that the LP/ CO detector is probably at end of life. But you should still check the condition of your battery(ies) with out being plugged into shore power to see where they are at. If the detector doesn't have a fuse holder right behind it, it could have its own fuse in the distribution panel. Ours is a 3 amp purple fuse in position #1 at the top. Pulling that fuse should silence the detector until you replace it. Attached are pictures of the chicken scratch for fuse labeling we had on ours. I figured what everything was for and relabeled for clarity.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuse labels.jpg (121.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Fuses relabeled.jpg (58.5 KB, 3 views)

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:37 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to NW Snowbirds
Well, your chicken scratch is readable. My chicken scratch labeling looks more like Chinese.